Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Greetings everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I am an avid MMO gamer and have been since EQ was around. I've been hooked on RPGs since the late 80s when my brother got me into D&D. Lately I have taken a more casual approach to playing and as a result have came back around to my roleplaying roots. I consider my self to still be in the process of getting back into the groove with roleplaying in MMOs though. I am pretty laid back player, tend to go with the flow (same with roleplaying in some ways). I am always looking for advice to improve my in game skills, or even on roleplaying.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am from the U.S. - specifically Virginia. English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I have been playing Warcraft since the original came out. I got into WoW when some people at work convinced me to try it out. I rolled on an RPPVP server and instantly knew I was hooked at about level 25 during my first big RP event - traveling to Redridge to attack an Alliance town.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I have been playing on some non RP servers for a while now and realized that I have been really missing the atmosphere. After looking over a few servers I decided to give this one a shot. I really like the idea of players having to make some effort to become an active part of the community. It weeds out the non desirables and promotes an atmosphere of friendship at the same time, in my opinion.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I am very much an action oriented role player. I rarely hang out in a tavern or get really involved in big story arcs unless I somehow stumble into one along the way. This is more generally due to the fact that I don't come across these kinds of stories out in the wilds and a side effect of having a more casual/relaxed gaming pace than any aversion to them, though. Also as I have said, I am getting back into the groove of role playing in MMOs, and being rusty can be a bit daunting for me. Also, I generally tend to play more comic relief or emotion driven type characters over other types.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Although I've mainly played Horde characters since I started WoW, my favorite class/race would probably be the Dwarven Priest. I really love dwarves because they mostly resemble my gruff, though not overly abrasive personality. Also many of my favorite characters throughout books and such are pretty much always dwarven. Priests are fun to me because I generally tend to play casting based characters just out of preference, though I've been thinking of giving a melee based class a shot.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect nothing but a friendly and helpful environment where I can have some fun along with like minded people. I would also appreciate any pointers the role playing pros could give (This is even if this application is denied, feel free to PM me if you want)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Maturity - because it is sadly something that can be hard to find amongst gamers sometimes. Also, in my opinion this is the root from which many of the other rules branch from.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

He had been stationed right out of training in a tower along the Northwestern edge of Loch Modan to guard against any intruders that could come through Dun Algaz. It was generally a quiet post with little activity, though scouts had reported a small force of orcs moving on a tower about half way down the mountain into the Wetlands. A patrol had been dispatched to bolster the troops in the tower but no other news had yet came in.

No news was usually bad news.

He had been placed there under the tutelage of his father, and was to spend a year indentured before he could truly become a soldier of Ironforge. The two of them and a small force were departing to check on the route through Dun Algaz and to ensure all was clear. Each dwarf hoping that the small band of orcs were nothing to worry about and that was why no news had came from the North. As they moved along the mountain passes and tunnels though, it became increasingly clear what had happened.

Suddenly they came through the last tunnel before the outpost and learned the fate of their brethren. As smoke filled the air, the dwarves shock quickly turned to anger as they spotted a flag planted near the tower showing the symbol of the Dragonmaw clan. Orcs came charging through the smoke as arrows started raining in on them. He heard his father over the chaos scream "Form up lads, we got some orc smashin' to do! Make yer fallen kin proud! Charge!" From his place farther along the line he heard his father throwing every curse he knew, "Come and feel me axe ye durned orc brained, murloc kissin' piss drinkin' sons of..."

They fought hard, but there were just too many. The dwarven group was pushed back as their clerics became drained of any power. His father was quickly dragged back from the main line with a nasty cut on his shoulder that would probably result in the loss of that arm, yet he was still screaming curses he could think of, making up some new ones in the process. It was quickly decided that a runner had to get back to the south to warn the tower in Dun Algaz and Thelsamar further south while the rest stayed to sacrifice themselves for the sake of the others.

His father, finally calm from the loss of blood looked at his son, "Ye got to go warn the guard, boy"
"No!" he screamed, "Im stayin to fight!" Shutup ye durned fool, yer the youngest one left alive and yer wounds aint so bad. Ye got the best chance outta all of us. Send reinforcements, we will hold them until then."He quickly said his goodbyes with promises to be be back in the morning with a hundred angry dwarves beside him. Then he set off at a sprint to get help.

Along the trails as he neared the last pass to the Dun Algaz tower he slowed up, seeing some movement out of the corner of his eye. He realized his mistake as soon as a crossbow bolt snapped into his forearm. "Damned orcs r' smarter than they look" he mumbled, as three more stepped onto the road behind him. He was no match for these, and they all new it. He smiled and waived and said "Time fer goin' methinks." He got just the reaction he wanted as they stopped and gave him a confused look. Again, he took off running as fast as he could, the orcs just a few steps behind. His lungs burned, and his arm was numb. Another bolt crack into the back of his leg, and he knew that was it. He would not make it back to warn the others, and the cost of his failure would indeed be many lives.

He decided a true dwarf should die running into battle, not from it so he quickly reversed his charge. A few steps and yet another bolt caught him squarely in the chest. He slumped, as the light started to fade, he saw a group of dwarves run by. A patrol had heard the skirmish and arrived just in time. He awoke a few days later in Dun Algaz. The cleric told him that his dad helped hold the line with only one arm until reinforcements arrived. He was moved to Ironforge to serve out the rest of his days in a peaceful and easy post. "Ye've been given one week leave to see to yer dad and to heal yer wounds. Then ye report back here to serve under another until we see fit to make ye a real solder, lad." With that the cleric left him alone.

It was the life of a warrior, the life of a dwarf, and he wouldn't have had it any other way.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I am an honest and open person. Feel free to ask any questions or give any sort of constructive criticism you have.[/spell]
Neat-o! Welcome to the server!