Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sweet Spirit's Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[[if I missed anything please tell me. Should be everything!

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I won't be using smilies in this introduction so that it will remain formal, but just a heads up to everyone; I use smilies frequently. Never in roleplay, unless with friends and we are having a 'silly roleplaying session', yes, in Out of Character and even some formal places I use smilies. Its a bad, or good, habit of mine that I can contain in forums, but in-game you will find that I will use smilies quite a bit, so my apologies ahead of time if anyone does not like smilies. Oh, and I love making templates pretty with colours and other forum bbs code tricks, like i'm using here. I don't use colour and such inside normal forum posts.

My real name is Terra, i'm a junior in high school, seventeen and i'm a pixel. Or female, whichever you want to call me by! I like being silly in more informal places such as in-game OOC chat channels and instant messengers, one friend of mine called me the 'Queen of Random'. While I like the title, I'm not totally sure the title applies to me. I love roleplay. I 'officially' started my roleplaying life when I was around ten through twelve, somewhere around that time. It started out in the First Person Shooter Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. In a roleplaying server online. I moved on from there to Neverwinter Nights, where I spent many years roleplaying. I really learned how to roleplay there. After awhile I went on and off, going to Neverwinter Nights and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, roleplaying maps in Warcraft III, Star Wars Galaxies, uhm... many other random places that I do not remember.

In the first year of junior high I started actually making a sci-fi fantasy universe. A universe being inspired by many games and books and other universes. In this list is Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, *Metroid Prime 1-3*, *EVE-Online*, *Star Wars*, *Kingdom Hearts 2*, *The Wind Singer Triology* and many assorted musics and my own imagination. There were other inspirations i'm sure, but I can't think of them at the moment. It all started with Metroid Prime 1, though pieces from Star Wars and Kingdom Hearts 2 heavily influenced my universe after Metroid Prime did. If you have played Metroid Prime you definetally know of Phazon, that blue element of... strangeness, best way to put it. Phazon fascinated - and still fascinates me. Metroid Prime essentially sparked my brain to incorporate a large and unorganized collaboration of roleplays with myself that I had formed in my memory to start creating what I now call the Zeriania Universe. At first it was called the Arragonda Galaxy, because that was how I pronounced that one galaxy that was closest to the Milky Way Galaxy, but I didn't like the name too much and the galaxy is called ANDROMEDA, not Arragonda. At first it was just "This story is what the [Andromeda] galaxy would be like!" But then it evolved into something that wouldn't even fit in our universe one bit, so I eventually just changed the name to Zeriania Universe. Zeriania is the name of the Galaxy that much of the plotline takes place in. I could talk for a very, very long time about my universe, because I have developed it for a very long time and have tried creating 2 Text Roleplays off of it and a novel. Not only that, but I am still developing it, but not as much as I used to, i'll admit. I'd say that Psikon is the most complex and detailed thing in my universe. If you ever played Metroid Prime and then read about Psikon you would see that it has a lot of similarities, because the idea for Psikon was born primarily out of Metroid Prime. However, it has things that are not in common as well. For one, there aren't metroids in my universe. Secondly Psikon is formed in a different way, it works in a different way, it has four physical forms and various non-physical forms [[energy]], it isn't dangerous when found in nature [[for the most part]]... I could go on and explain in more detail, but I have a forum made that does that.

So, as one could notice from the above rant, my universe is my passion. I love it like a child.

Anyway, to finish up my roleplaying career history I refined my roleplaying abilities in World of Warcraft and primarily Text Roleplaying, or TRP. As defined by me TRP is roleplaying with only text in a chatroom, such as in an instant messenger. This is different than forum roleplay as the player has less time to refine their character's actions in a chatroom than a forum since the roleplay is hosted in real time. This means that your roleplay will actually be more realistic since your characters will also not have much time to respond to, oh, someone putting a gun to their back.

I've been roleplaying for about seven years, then!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from the United States of America. I live 'near' Chicago, Illinois in a suburban area near a city called Aroura, though we're a few hours away from Chicago. Its a very small city, could even be considered a village/town such as Oswego is, which I live right next to.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I played Warcraft II as a child. Loved it, and I still do. Warcraft II is more enjoyable than Warcraft III as far as the normal, non-modified gameplay goes! Anyway, after Warcraft II I basically bought every Warcraft title that I could, and went crazy over World of Warcraft when it was coming out. I was so excited that I got disappointed when it came out - but it was still a very fun game to me. It doesn't occupy me enough to enjoy it for more than a month every season of the year, though.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Well, I've been going to World of Warcraft roleplaying servers for awhile, mainly very small ones where everyone knew each other and everyone had GM abilities. That server died, however, looong ago, and all attempts to revive it have failed miserably. That was long enough ago, a year or so, to certainly say that I am not trying to join Conquest of the Horde as a fallback option. Lately I have been wandering about what other roleplay servers for World of Warcraft, other then retail, that are out there. This very day today an old friend from that server I went to a year ago poked me about a World of Warcraft roleplaying server she was going to. However, when I looked it out it seemed to be much too restricted for my tastes, especially since you could only be a human, you could only be a convict, you could only be in one region... none of it really appealed to me.

That friend did, however, spark enough interest in me to search out a server for myself. I came across some kind of blog or something that was talking about World of Warcraft Private Servers. Conquest of the Horde was mentioned and even linked to in that blog as a very good roleplaying server, so I clicked on the link. Then I started checking this place out and I got all jittery. Not only does this place seem to appeal to me but
people actually seem active. The last server I was in had people that were active, but they never wanted to roleplay seriously. It was fun, but it got annoying to have to whip people to actually roleplay, and then not even have them roleplay for more than fifteen minutes before they go back to screwing around like it was only a fun-server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy a lot of environments for roleplay, though the themes are narrow. I like fantasy roleplay based in a universe similar to World of Warcraft or a universe in the future, like star trek or star wars [or the universe I made], and then that is all I really like roleplaying in. However, I like roleplaying in crowds, pairs, danger, action, drama, fighting, it all appeals to me. The least appealing is being a part of a military such as Stormwind. Very, very formal as far as IC interactions go, deals a lot with knights, kings, etcetera. That kind of stuff just does not appeal to me a whole deal. I guess one reason can be that I am paranoid about disappointing the members of that military guild for some reason or other. After all, I do not know a lot about the military. However that is not the sole reason... I just don't like having a character that would have to fit into the military.

I also italicized drama because I like drama, Only for in-character things though. It is very entertaining to me! That does not mean I will walk around making drama, I do not do that. I make a character and if something happens that would make drama, then it happens. If not, then it doesn't happen.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I love Draenei, their appearance and everything, and their backstory leaves me a lot of room to develop. You can try to argue that appearance isn't everything, that personality and such is, but to me appearance is important. The Draenei have something, three things actually, that nag and nag at me. The first is the preset faces for the Draenei and how they look when they fight. They look so... weird when fighting, their faces have the oddest expressions out of all of the races in world of Warcraft, to me at least. This is define tally livable with, but another thing that eats at me is how tall they are, which will kind of go along with the third nagging thing. I don't like being tall, for the most part. Draenei females are huge, and Draenei males are literal hulks... so that does not bode well for me. The last and most nagging thing is how distracted I get when I play them. When I say distracted, I mean about how Draenei are supposed to be awkward to the other races, how they have the most 'glazed' expression out of all of the races [I bet its their eyes that give off that feel the most]. Its how they look over everyone because they are so tall, it just makes me feel awkward. So my next most played race would be night elves.

They don't have an awesome sit animation like the Draenei do, but they aren't as tall and fit into society better, for the most part. in all reality I would say I play night elves and Draenei equally as much. It is just that the Draenei have things I extremely like and things I extremely dislike about them, while the Night elves are what I would call 'balanced' as far as my own appeal for them goes. I like the way they look [[light blue skin all the way for me]].

My favorite class as far as roleplaying goes... its so hard to tell! I usually base my characters around a personality and appearance, then look for a class that fits into that category, not the other way around, so I guess the best way to answer this question is 'Whatever class fits into my character the best'. I'd have to say that the Rouge and Hunter classes have fit into my character the best. Usually my characters are quick, dexterous but rather fragile. Rouges are the essence of fragile yet surprisingly quick attacks. Hunters are next up. I like ranged weapons, They use ranged weapons, they use ranged weapons with dexterous hands... works out well, for the most part. Mage would be my next-favorite, because they are fun to play, simply put, but they have more limits as far as backstory and plotline goes, so I usually do not use mages. I love the gameplay of a warlock, but I hate roleplaying them. The character that would use demon magic wouldn't be me, so I never make warlocks.

What are your expectations of this server?:

That is simple. Limited use of leet-speak [[acronyms such as 'lol' I often use myself, though. I mean "u" and "1337" and all that junk.]] Active community. A roleplay that I can join. a friendly community, not just active. This isn't an expectation, but I don't plan on working for a year to do anything of actual roleplay value or working for months [[or weeks with absolute complete dedication]] for a set of clothes.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Well, the one rule I found most appealing was, huh. The thing I liked most about your wiki was the 'character creation' section, but as far as rules go, I would have to say this rule is my favorite.

Introductions
Please post an introduction in the Introductions forum (you need to be logged in to access it). Read the sticky for information.

I read somewhere that you have to be approved [[Giving you the rank of Peon]] before registering on the server, as only someone the rank of a Peon can register there. I could be wrong since I cannot find where it was stated in the wiki again. I really like this as it improves the chances of having responsible roleplayers. A responsible roleplayer is one that actually tries to make an enjoyable character - Enjoyable to everyone, including themselves and more importantly this roleplayer roleplays within the laws of sensibility. You roleplay within the confines of the universe you are inside of, such as World of Warcraft. You roleplay a character that is not a total copy and paste. Some people might think otherwise, but not substituting words for "U" and "thx" counts as being a responsible roleplayer. Even in OOC it counts if you use those substitutions or not, to me at least. You should at least try and look intelligent, shouldn't you?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
[[HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE, Glad you asked! I have not played World of Warcraft in quite awhile, so please go easy on me if I mess up some of the details, such as me forgetting what the place with the demons are at is called in Ashenvale.]]

A fair skinned Kal'Dorei walks among brush bordering the river running near [That place with the infernals.]. Well, fair skinned being a light azure tint. she wears a green leather/brown jerkin along with green/brown leather leggings. She was wearing silly oversized green boots to go along with the armor, they were hand me downs from a much larger fellow. Everything was larger to the Kal'Dorei than other Kal'Dorei, she was actually a decent size smaller than the others of her race. She was about as tall as an average human male - not even a tall human male. Probably around 5'7'' 1/2 or so. She looked young to any other race, but to a Kal'Dorei she was just barely in adulthood, that being about two hundred and ninety nine years old, her three hundredth year birthday coming up this month, in fact, barely an adult. That Kal'Dorei was me, Alonna Jeik'Si! A Kal'Dorei that her mentors had said 'Hot-tempered, a quick thinker and an eager student'. I'm not exactly sure how a mentor can describe me so well when he was just teaching me fletching, archery and crafting how to be a bowyer. Yeesh, ole Jailik really knew how to rant. He was a very nice guy though, full of wisdom too. Just what you would expect from an ancient Kal'Dorei like him. I know I should give him more respect, but me and him were more than just mentor-and-student, we were friends.

I creep along the brush and slowly approach the ridge, I giggled silently as I compared myself to a nightsaber stalking after its prey, only I was after a much larger prey than any animal - particularly the monsters of fel that still own a foothold here in Ashenvale. It wasn't too hard to sneak very close to the demon's encampment, though it did involve getting myself soaked from the stream I had to cross briefly, the demons had probably picked this spot since it was surrounded by a stream as if it was a moat. Oh, and probably because of some super-powerful demon that had died here in the third war. I had approached so close that I could see the gray, lifeless terrain and the twisted, tormented trees of the demon's corrupted ridge, a stark contrast to the abundant green life of the forest around it. There were succubi, felguards and even the terribly lumbering beings of flaming stone the people at Silverwing called Infernals wandering about the area, making a perimeter around the ridge. Thankfully I wasn't going to sneak into that Elune forsaken place, at least not by myself. Waiting for a safe opportunity to do so I raise my hand above the brush I was hidden in and signal the Silverwing warriors behind me that they could approach. Two Kal'Dorei dressed in white/purple garments and long spears wade, silently, through the stream behind me, followed by a Druid of the Claw. The only male of our little group, Talen, was one of the people with the Silverwing garb and spear. Kailee was the other Silverwing. The most important member, Jalkin, was garbed in a traditional druidic robe, a garb giving him the look of a wise ancient of the forest. He was ancient too, to me at least, six hundred years total. Not as old as Jailik, but still old. He was rather bulked up, and she had these two big hands, big like bear paws. Druids always managed to find some way to be ironic as moonlight, it always makes me wonder how they have such an amazing knack for doing that.

Kailee creeps up next to me while Talen stays watch – low to the ground to avoid attention – at our backs. Jalkincreeps up to my other side, frowning in disgust at the demons. Jalkin murmurs angerly in a rugged, deep tone,
“Disgusting...”
Kailee just shrugs and surveys the surroundings for herself, then just puts a hand on my shoulder, looking out at the scarred land still. I turn my head to look at her while she starts talking in a hushed voice,
“You stay back and give us fire support, and please give us a holler if anything comes towards you. I don't want a newcomer to the troubles of Ashenvale to die on her training day. Just remember, we aren't going to be staying here long. We just need to buy Jaeia some time to plant the seeds about the area if we ever plan on healing this place. So, what I want you to do is stay with Jalkin and give us fire support from there, got it Alonna?”
I nod with a little smile and grasp my hardwood bow tightly . It was an un-descriptive brown bow, but it really served me well.
“Thats why I brought this along with me, to rain pointed death down on anyone who gets in your way.”
Kailee nods to me with a smile and then glances to Jalkin,
“Where does the first seed need to be planted?”
Jalkin had stopped looking in disgust at the demons while Kailee briefed me quickly to find the closest spot that she had to plant a seed in. He points at a felguard.
“Under that one.”
Kailee shrugs and then stands up, gripping her spear tightly in both hands, Kailee glances to Talen, issuing an order,
“Follow me Talen, looks like we're going to have to rough up some demons right at the start.”
Talen nods with a little smirk and then rushes after Kailee – she charged at the felguard right after her order. Jalkin rubs his forehead and lets out a little shrug, rushing after them and morphing mid-run into a bear. It was always neat to watch a druid change, clothes giving way to fur and hands to paws, but it was really much too quick of a process to actually enjoy much. Jalkin had run forward becausehe had to support the two, its not like he could just sit there and wait for them to clear the spot for him, he had to either be planting a seed or killing a demon, not just wait. I reach behind my back to draw an arrow from my quiver and ready the bow – I was pretty sure I shouldn't stay near Jaeia when i'm near her. The felguard being charged at turns and sees the two warriors and a bear charging them, holding up his huge sword to parry the two staves only to be knocked right off of his feet by the surprisingly strong bear that pounces after the parry.

That day was the first of when I learned just how amazing anyone can be, killing dozens of demons while supporting a druid planting magical, delicate seeds. It was amazing. Obviously we did our work quickly before the whole ridge was alerted to our presence, but the seeds would remain hidden for a very long time, it would help future efforts to heal the land if we ever manage to drive them off of that ridge.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Here is something I added at the top of this format, but then I saw this section, so I moved it down here.
I would like to thank everyone here in this community ahead of time for the incredible effort put into this community. I found the CotH Wiki very helpful, and even funny, I liked looking at the "Top seven most cliche'd characters" thing. I also love how you all really encourage people to make large introductions.

Addition: My MSN is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected]</a><!-- e --> and my Yahoo IM is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected]</a><!-- e -->
If I am on the computer, which is practically the whole day, I am on both of those instant messengers!

OH MY GOSH! I just remembered, this is a server where things like .mod scale exist! Aaah! Is there some way to do a permanent .mod scale on my character so that I could make it smaller? [within reason?]. A short Kal'Dorei, but not so short that it is unbelievable, about as tall as a human male. The scale would be 0.96 through 0.975, whichever would be the most believable. Or one click of the 'test shrink' spell. While I absolutely love having a small Kal'dorei, I realize that if there is no way to simply shrink a character without trust me with a command or 'test shrink' spell or something of that nature then the chances of me being able to have that are incredibly low as there is no way to trust me, but its worth a try to ask if there is some way you can permanently set my character to a smaller scale.

Thank you for reading!

Edit: Recently I've realized something that i've overlooked with night elves. So well if you read the really quick story I made, I changed the druid's gender to male. Just to be safe. I was browsing through some things on the forums and found out some rather important things about the Kal'Dorei... so, mmhm. They have much more detail than I origionally took for granted.

Edit Two: I had originally planned to play an Night Elf, but I may make an orc if my mind keeps traveling where its traveling so far! I've been busying myself with ideas the whole day, so hopefully something good will come to mind tomorrow.
Well, we don't really do that kind of morphing stuff for characters, and it can't be done permanently anyway (Not to mention the fact that Night Elven women only go down to around 6'5"-ish and up to 7'2"). Welcome to the server!
Thank you! Very swift reply o-o Especially considering the sheer size of introductions...

Perfectly fine, and ops O-o. I thought they were, at maximum, around 6'7'' or something.

Exactly how tall are the in-game human male models? :shock:
Night Elf women are a head or more taller than Human males ingame, so they're about 6'. We do have a Height Guide if you need one.
Ooh thanks alot! If you think I mess up with Heights... Weight is even worse! And Weight is included there. I did find the age guidelines, though. Very helpful. You people have so many articles, I busied myself the whole day yesterday reading over them!
Vouch!

I want to be the first to vouch SweetSpirit.

On an ooc level this player is very kind, warm and enjoyable. Very talkative but that's not bad. Lol, when she first showed up she had a lot of questions, she was open minded and accepting to suggestions. Simply put she was eager to create interesting characters and have fun without breaking any rules or stepping on any toes which I think is a sign of a great roleplayer.

While she is playing her character(s) I've notice she aims for realism in a way that encourages myself to improve. I found myself watching videos on spear combat so my character can properly teach her how to use one, that's how impressed I am with her roleplay.

On a Ic level, her young orc has quickly found a place among the life blood ascendants and I'm sure she is enjoyed by everyone she comes across. As a young, naive orc eager to earn a place in the horde, an earn her last name, I must say she hit the nail on the head. I feel simi guilty that I recruited her into my guild, feels like I am being selfish, I think she would make a great addition anywhere. ( Well maybe not the warsong, she needs more training. )

Bottom line, realistic, fun, and great roleplay. Find this role player, give her something to do. Vouch, I repeat Vouch! XD