Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Varano's intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So... let's see.
*reads everything in stickies until his eyes bleed*
Very well. So much for burocracy, but oh well:

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am a 23 year old vet student, who roleplays for fun when he has time (which would be this whole year, I love my schedule). I have roleplayed some paper: D&D and werewolf mostly. I have also roleplayed WoW in private servers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: Chile, at the far south of the world. Yes, we do exist here *waves at the satelite above*! To the west of Argentina, if you still don't recall the name.
Primary Language would be spanish, but i have talked English since i was 4. I have absolutely no prolem in understunding movies with no subtitles (and you "gringos" talk really fast)

How did you get into Warcraft?: 2003 (was that the year of Warcraft 3?).
Long, long ago. I already played Diablo and of course i got Warcraft 3 as soon as it got in the stores. I had played warcraft 2 before but i was too young to really understand it.

I have never played on Blizzard servers, always on privates. At first, pvp like everyone, but then it was just not enough to live and un-live for +25 strength.

What made you seek our server over others?: Over others? just population. Spanish servers are almost depleted. The best has more less 20 online people, and most are Blood elves. I have always loved the old Horde, specially Tauren, and i just can't role that anymore there.

PS: and now that i read it, the chance to roleplay a Furbolg!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:Mostly personal growth. I always pick young charachters, newbies at their class, that learn through the chronicle. I really enjoy for example, the master-student roleplaying. But i can make it compatible with other roleplaying tipes if necessary. Nevertheless, I do what my charachter is expected to do. For example, if I am a druid, and some idiot Blood Elf Warlock taints Mulgore, i will not think it twice in trying to kill that charachter or at least banish him from there. Even if it means to erase my charachter or the warlock's

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: Tauren. I am a treehugger, always have been. And I like their humble and understanding spirits. Orcs do it for me too, i like their bruteness. I can role cold-hearted, scientific apothecaries and order/perfection gnome maniacs.

What are your expectations of this server?: Just to be able to build up my chronicle, to start a charachter from being a newb to a wise/strong charachter
Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

*checks the rules*
omg...

FURBOLGS ARE NOT BANNED!? I LOVE FURBOLGS! I know all their lore, all of it, just ask. I just want my Furbolg! I don't care if items can't be displayed, they like the nude anyway. I'm goinng to write their story down here. PLEASE SEND ME A PM letting me know if I can have a Furbolg! If necessary i'll send a PM to the "high up" GM. Again, i'll write the story here. It's like 30 word pages in spanish, so i will translate just a summary. If you really want to read the whole story, ask me a pm and I will copy-paste it.
Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Blackpaw and Branchclaw

Lostarm and WhiteSpot have had problems in concibing cubs. Maybe it was that they didn't really see each other very much. But when they finally were able to, they were gifted with twins. Twins! They were so proud. Among the Furbolg tribes, twins are specially honored, for they reensamble the most the Bear ancesters, and are closer to their grace than any other.

They received special teaching as they grew. Coldsun, named after the chilling winds that blew on his birth day, easily learned the ways of Ursol. He grew up as an skilled healer, and a promise of shamanism. He was also an artist. It was not rare to see him carving Totems in the shape of a bear. His brother would always listen to him before doing anything stupid.
Though most of the time he did it anyway. Blackpaw, was a great athlete. He ran, jumped, climbed, never could stand still for much time! He was also a great leader among the teenage Furbolgs (sometimes for good, others for multiple fractures). He loved beer, so much, he sometimes robbed from the shamans the beer they used for visions. He was his brother's pilar in tough times, and his courage and energy in quiet ones.

They were impossible to separate, and when it happened they were unhappy or bored and apathic until the other appeared. So their learning and training had always to include both of them, even if Coldsun couldn't lift his own weight or Blackpaw never understood really what was the effect of the purging weed (and he kept eating it)

One day, in hunting training, their father took them with some other Furbolgs to the edge of the forest. He was their trainer, but that day would be special. In a small lagoon in the Northern Barrens, the Runetotem Tauren Tribe had stablished. Expecting to get allies in the Furbolgs against the ever chasing Centaurs, a hunter known as Porahn'she (young sun) Runetotem had made a deal with LostArm. LostArm would teach some tauren to hunt in the woods, while Porahn'she teached the Furbolgs how to hunt great beasts from the plains. Both masters exchanged pupils, and went their way. The tribe would stay where it was for some weeks, so there was time.

ColdSun was really interested in the Tauren culture, as it was bounded to the earth strongly and their connection with the spirits was admirable. Blackpaw enjoyed wrestling with the Tauren warriors, impressing Lightfoot, a female partner who was also to became a hunter. They became life partners later, but for now, let's keep on with the story.

Tragedy came when just 3 days had past. The centaur had followed the tribe, and as a warning to the Furbolgs, they had captured LostArm. His head appeared in the top a spear in front the Tauren camp, with the young tauren hunters he took to the woods dead at it's base.

Rage and sorrow invaded ColdSun's heart, but his twin helped him to cool down. Once he could think clearly, he asked the Tauren for information about the murderers. They were concerned, for they knew that Centaur shamans enslave spirits so they can use the strength of the Earth mother to their convinience. That he couldn't allow, specially because his father's spirit was almost certaintly being slaved.

But the Runetotem would not fight. They were mostly mistics, and even the few warriors and hunters were scared of the Centaur. Years of slaughter had them become, at most, easy prey, like a young deer.
-"It is time for you to show them that you are not going to allow this anymore"- yelled Blackpaw, in the middle of the camp. -"You must fight back. Your fallen people and my father await for freedom. Who is with me?"-
At first of course no one beleived in him.
-"We are outnumbered, by far, and we don't even know where do they hide. They have learned to be untrackable for us"-

-"That can be solved, Shu'halo. I have a plan"-
ansered ColdSun. He convinced Hammul, the leader, of his ideas. But still there was a problem to solve. they could not track them to attack.

But ColdSun knew things that the Tauren had forgot long ago, things that the Furbolgs shamans, had not. As every living thing has a spirit, he kneeled down and put his hands on the floor. He did not know if this was going to work, but it was worth the try. He closed his eyes and stopped to listen anything around him, as he tried to ask the plains itself for help. When he opened his eyes, a green path in the dead grass showed the hoofprints of the centaur, leading the way to the west. But was not the only thing to change. From that day, his name was BranchClaw, for his left claw had turned into wood.

The next morning BranchClaw departed to the woods, while the tauren warriors and war shamans followed the green path. When they found the Centaur Camp, the Furbolg hunters led by BlackClaw attacked swifftly but noisly. Inmidiatly, all of the violent centaur started to chase them, but behind a hill the Tauren covered them. They were still outnumbered, but with Hammul's instructions they retreated to where their own camp was, near the edge of the forest. In the mean time, Branchclaw had got some help. He was awaiting. The Thistlefurs attacked the centaur suddenly, causing great damage. Now the board seemed to be even. But the forest Furbolgs were not as fit as to fight against the Centaur on their ground. The battle was taking too long, and the Furbolgs were getting tired. Just when the centaur seemed to turn things to their favor, arrows came from the woods. Each arrow hit a centaur in the head, reducing their numbers dramatically. This, of course, was unexpected, but the battle was won.

Knowing the spirits were finally free, the Tauren and Furbolg celebrated, and became friends and permanent allies. Days later, The Furbolgs returned to the forest. The Tauren finally left their place, knowing taht it was dangerous to stay in one place because they would attract even more Cenaur clans and they might not have the same luck twice, not to count the danger it implied to their new friends. But BranchClaw and Blackpaw, along the other furbolg hunters, would never forget them.

Years passed, and both Furbolgs grew to adulthood. BrachClaw had become a fine shaman (specifically a Druid, but Furbolgs make no distingtion), while Blackpaw turned to a huge Ursa Totemic, and Strongmaw was a healer like his uncle once was. Strongmaw? Blackpaw did not waste time with Lightfoot through this years. His name was after his compulsive biting when he got nervous. He bit what was at hand, wether it was a branch, a bone or even his father's paw. They were all living at Timbermaw Hold.

Something foul entered the woods that year. It claimed the lives and sanity of many Furbolgs, including some important tribes like the Thistlefur to the south. They saw former allies attack them, and their own kind killing their selves. Among the fallen was Lightfoot, who had to be killed by Blackpaw one day, to protect his son. Strongmaw, although understunding the circumstances, never could really forgive his father, though he tried hardly.

When the druids were awaken by Tyrande, Spirits were awakened with them. Old spirits of the Furbolg tribes. Branchclaw obtained this way old knowledge from the Druids of the claw, and achieved a new level of Feral Grace, closer to Ursol. Same happened with Blackpaw, who understood by his brother the forgotten ways of Ursoc. With this knowledge, the Furbolgs of Timbermaw did not fall to madness... mostly.

While the great battle of Hyal took place, the Timbermaw and the Night Elves from Nighthaven desperately standed against the Legion in Felwood, commanded by the Satyr Xabraxxis. The sacred Moonglade was the only hope of the forest to heal in time, even if it took a lot of it. Luckily enough, the Runetotem tribe could not reach Hyjal, and standed against the legion in the same place of the forest. But the Tauren did not know this, and someone had to tell them.

The two brothers crossed the corrupted woods in silence, searching for the Shu'halo. They eventually found them, and led them to the Hold. But it had a cost.
Through all the journey, Blackpaw fought with Claw and Fang while BranchClaw healed him. Without knowing he swallowed great amounts of FelBlood, and his brother helped unintentionally by using the corrupted forest's energy to close his wounds.

When the entrance to the hold was about to close, Tauren, Night Elves and Furbolgs ran inside. The inmidiate danger had past. In the years to come, Hammul Learned from the Night elves the ways of the Druidism. The Furbolgs too learned new things from them.

But Blackpaw became sicker and sicker across the years. Concerned, his brother and son looked for a cure. Brachclaw prayed for help to Ursoc, so his strength would aid his brother. But he did not listen to him. He was not even there.
-"Something wrong is going on to the north, in the Grizzly Hills brother. I feel that we must go there and solve it, if we are to heal thou"-

-"You command. I just don't want to get mad before getting enough beer"-

But, what would happen with StrongMaw. He had reached the age anyway, and his people needed him, for the food had became scarce with Felwood being so near.
-"Kid, you must look for your twin. Your father and I had the great luck of being born toghether"-

-"Awww, how cute"-
-"Shut up. As I said, we have found each other the day we were born. I am wise while your father is dumb. Sorry, strong. You must discover whether you are wise"-

-"Or strong, and find someone who completes you. Wisdom and Strength guide every Furbolg life, son, but it is impossible to have them both"-
-"We lean to one or the other, and so your twin will help you find balance. Our people also need a new land to stablish, for this woods will take too long to heal. Don't be afraid of the other races, they can become great allies and friends if you let them"-
-"And know son, that if I depart this world because of this illness, I will watch you from the Dream, with your mather by my side"-

Strongmaw hugged his father and uncle, and two days after they departed to the North Lands, he made his way to Nighthaven.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Sure. May I have the Furbolg? if not I can just role a Tauren. But I really, really want that Furbolg, after all, if the emulator is Mangos you just need to change the model. If you need to contact me, ask for my msn via PM
We don't do that kind of character altering for people any more, so you'll need to stick with the playable races. Otherwise, it's nice to have one more from those southerly parts on the server! Welcome!
*shoots the bear*

tauren then, ou yea