Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: blackosprey's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off two things: blackosprey is supposed to be lowercase, and I can be much more creative with names. That's just the name I use everywhere on the internet so people can recognize me.

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a student living and going to school in the Northwestern US, working toward a computer science degree. I love gaming, reading, airsoft/paintball, and some sports as long as I'm doing them with friends. I've roleplayed in forums, in IRC, in videogames, and paper-pen. I've played some DND, but at the moment I'm in a group playing GURPS.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)
I live in the northwest of the US, and I speak English. Taking Japanese next year though.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Started with Warcraft II way back, then got Warcraft III and Frozen Throne. I've played WoW on and off, but the grinding drove me crazy. Also, the Warcraft mythos/universe has always had an amazing storyline. I'm a little fuzzy on it as it's been a long time since I've read through it, but I'll enjoy brushing up on it if I'm approved.

What made you seek our server over others?:
First, it's an RP server. At first I was a little skeptical about the size, but it's looking like that will be an advantage rather than a disappointment.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
I really enjoy any type of roleplay. Combat is fun, but I like mixing it up with something like a medical, job/work, etc. I also love RPing a businessman, especially if the RP is persistent.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
A better way of putting it is what races/classes don't I like. I don't want to play a tauren, and I don't want to be a warrior or a warlock.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To be honest with you, I'm still a little skeptical. Every video game I've tried to RP in has been filled with people who don't know how to write, they don't know how to lose, their only purpose is to win win win. However the strict entry requirements you guys have and the small player base are leading me to expect great roleplayers who enjoy life-like RP, not godmode I win everything roleplayers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)
Spelling and grammar, without a doubt. Servers/forums with rules about RP quality are a dime a dozen, but places that enforce spelling and grammar are very rare.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Here's a story I wrote about a character of mine from the Star Wars universe.

Silvas Caroran walks into the small room, leaving the lights off. He fumbles his way around, unwilling to allow anymore light to reach his eyes. To remind him of his shame. To remind him of his past, so very dead to him.
"What is your name?" A black bag is ripped from the Duro's face, and a light flashes momentarily. His dilated pupils shrink to nothing from the light, but not before being seared by the raw light. "YOUR NAME, DURO!" The other person in the room is now shouting and a crackle suggests some sort of electric device. The prisoner is struck with something hard, but he hardly notices - every muscle in his body is contracted from an enormous electric shock. The screams are separated by "Ishtari!" as the person strikes him again and again. Ishtari loses count. "That it?" the person says. The horrific crackle is heard again. "Ishtari Caroran!" the Duro desperately screams, fear bearing down on the vestiges of his will. The person grunts, sounding disappointed. In the back of Ishtari's mind a voice whispers that his torturer must be a man. "Well what the frag do you think you're doing selling tracking droids in Beteros? You don't even have a business license." Ishtari doesn't see the trap, "But I do ha-" he begins to reply. "DON'T LIE TO ME!" Again, Ishtari convulses. Again, the pain from the rain of blows is nothing. The blows come from a metal club with an insulated handle, a wire coming out of the end. Each blow completes a circuit between a wall socket, the metal chair, Ishtari's naked body, and the club.
"Why must the dead haunt the living?" Silvas whispers. He trips over a hard object on the floor but catches himself against a wall, pressing a button in the process. A viewport opens and light from a nearby nebula strikes his eyes.
Silvas starts as the door to his cell opens, and a limp Ishtari is thrown into the cell. "BROTHER!" Silvas shrieks, rushing to him. Ishtari does not speak, but convulses at random intervals. Hours later, Silvas has propped Ishtari up against the wall and sits next to him. The twitching has stopped, but Ishtari still does not speak. The door opens again and before Silvas' eyes can register anything but a blaster, the weapon fires. The flare of light blinds Silvas momentarily.
Tears blur Silvas' vision as he stares at the nebula. His brother would sit and stare at the nebula forever, their awesome majesty inspiring his shrewd mind to create new piloting techniques and complex business plans. Every pulse from the nebula causes Silvas to twitch, reminding him of the firing blaster and a dead brother.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
If I'm accepted, I'd like to watch a few roleplays before I jump in so I can figure out how it's done here - different communities prefer different styles. Also, I'd like to mention that I've never done any WoW RP.
If you want, you can lurk around Tarson (My new-ish Human) and see how WoWRP is done. However, there are many different styles, genres, et cetera, of RP here.

And in before mods (I know I give you a headache, heh)...

WELCOME!
Yeh, stick around THAT character. The others don´t WOWRP right...

Come on, Maulbane :roll:
Blaize Wrote:Yeh, stick around THAT character. The others don´t WOWRP right...

Come on, Maulbane :roll:

We all know Tarson is the greatest character, and that Maulbane is the greatest RPer in the world.

Yeah. Watch out for Blaize
Maulbane, we've told you not to do that in intro posts a few times before. Please, don't make visitors think that you can add people to the server. This is a good introduction, but you shouldn't post a giant "WELCOME" message when you can't decide who comes in or not.

Welcome to the server, blackosprey.
Thank you, hope to see you all in game.
Kaghuros Wrote:Maulbane, we've told you not to do that in intro posts a few times before. Please, don't make visitors think that you can add people to the server. This is a good introduction, but you shouldn't post a giant "WELCOME" message when you can't decide who comes in or not.

Welcome to the server, blackosprey.

Sorry about that, this time i'll take the hint.