Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Possible to have retail and CotH?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have retail wow but lately RP has been very slow on there so I thought it was time to rejoin CotH for some fun RP. As I have the latest patch I wont be able to connect to CotH so I was wondering if there was a way of being able to play both without downgrading or upgrading all the time.
Super fun happy trick:

1: Copy your WoW folder so you have two!
2: Create a second shortcut for your new WoW folder.
3: Call one "CotH" and the other "Retail"
4: Open up retail VIA normal launch menu and patch
5: Use other un-patched version for CotH!
6: ?
7: Profit
Thanks!
It wont let me copy it, says "Cannot create or replace Copy of World of Warcraft:Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use."

Folder isn't open, wow isn't up. Not sure how anyone else was able to do it.
I dunno, I was able to.

:shock:
thegirls Wrote:It wont let me copy it, says "Cannot create or replace Copy of World of Warcraft:Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use."

Folder isn't open, wow isn't up. Not sure how anyone else was able to do it.

Try rebooting your PC. If it still gives that error, odds are you really just ran out of diskspace.
Sorry, had a malteser moment! I was trying to save it into program files with the original file, stupid me. ^^