Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Keladry's intro (Or mine)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am a sixteen year old female, in the middle of high school. I think that sums it up right there... Heh.
6'5”... 100 pounds... Anything else? Hehe... I'm a quirky player, and I love adjectives. I have a list of them on my wall. Well, not really, but close enough. I'm an avid reader, so to be able to immerse myself into this is just like leaping into a story sitting on my shelf.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I grew up in Germany, then ended up moving to Great Britan, then from there, to the USA. I speak English and broken German. I like to pretend I know a little French, too. Don't expect me to able to converse in either French or German... it just doesn't work.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A dear friend of mine walked down the street, holding those shiny WoW disks. The looked so enticing, and all around addicting... just kidding. I started playing WoW (retail) for about six months. Long enough to level two 80s. (Both pvp: an arcane mage and a survival hunter) I got tired of paying Blizz. money, so I looked for another way to get my daily dose of staring at the computer. I ended up on a private server, addicted to pvp. I stumbled upon some role players, and found it quite interesting. I think it brought out the bookish side of me. Long story short, I fell in love with it. Ever since, pvp has become boring and useless compared to role playing.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I was playing on another server, and the rp was going nowhere. Everyone was childish, from their maturity; not being able to accept things for the way they were, becoming angry at people for things they didn't do, especially GM's, to their shorthand style of typing; lol, stfu, etc. I was bored, and I happened to be searching Google for role playing private servers, and your page popped up. I think I sat there in shock for a moment, as I read what your policies and the intention of the server was. I've never heard of anything like it, and I'm excited to learn more about it. I mean, I guess I had hoped it existed, I guess I just didn't want to get my hopes up.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I think I'd be alright with any sort of roleplaying, really. Relaxing tavern roleplay? Count me in. Fighting, action? Same. Just anything that is comfortable with everyone else. I'll try to fit in.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I -used- to like Blood Elves, purely for cosmetic reasons. I then realized that no one really respects them, at least they didn't on my old server. I've been enjoying Forsaken (Undead) more and more. They're dark ad mysterious, and yet filled with pain and suffering. I think there's two sides to them. They all have a cold, proud side, and another, that hardly shows: Sadness and remorse, anguish at how far they've fallen.

Also, I like trolls. I love their language; how they speak. They have a fierceness to them, and a savage bravery. I think a troll could survive in any situation, really.

Classes?
I've always loved Hunters. They are so adaptable to their surroundings. They can track, hunt, even survive in any landscape for days. To me, they seem tough, rather quiet people who keep to themselves. Also, to be able to tame any beast of their fancy, befriend it, and even have it fight alongside them is amazing to me. They seem very real to me... they work hard to achieve what they want done.

I also like Death Knights a lot. Again, they have such an amazing lore behind them. To have come so far, and have so much expected of them. When Arthas betrayed them, no one trusted them. I think that makes them all the more interesting, because they've had to prove themselves to everyone. They're powerful, and feared. They have a past that they don't talk about, some don't even remember. They're deep characters, and I think they require an excellent roleplayer to pull them off. (Not saying me personally... Hehe.)

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm looking for a community of people that are pleasant to be around, aren't complainers, and above all: respectful. That to me is more important than anything. I'm not saying I want respect for myself, but respect for others, too. Especially GM's. It would be nice to see a wall of script without typos, perfect punctuation, and words spelled correctly. Also, no OOC stuff without the double (( )).

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Pretty much what I said above. Respect, discouraging rudeness.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

...Alanna screamed loudly, crying for anyone who would hear. Or, at least she wished she could. The musty cloth had been hastily jammed into her mouth after she had proved how sharp her teeth could be. The draenei still bore the marks she had engraved on his hand. She twisted her head, trying to keep her long matted hair from covering her eyes. Whatever they did to her, she wanted to be able to see it. She managed to flip her blonde hair behind her without her hands, which were bound behind her along with her feet, rendering them useless. She looked up sharply. Footsteps. It had to be the undead. Whoever it was, they was limping. She grinned behind her gag. She had kicked him hard, just to prove she couldn't be taken easily. If he hadn't had the draenei helping him, they wouldn't have her.

Almost as if he was reading her thoughts, the draenei stepped out of the shadows. He was tall, and powerfully built. His face was proud, his chest puffed out, proving how much he thought of himself. The tendrils that reached from his chin to his chest were arranged just so, along with his hair. It was pulled up in a simple band, keeping it out of his face. The few stray hairs that floated down arranged themselves around his face, pale white in comparison to his blueish skin. His tail was held erect, his muscles taunt. He was a warrior, built and bred. The undead however, was different. Quite different. He was cunning, but easily harmed. He had the air of a arrogant, conceited, patronizing nincompoop. His eyes were burning, as if he could see through you, into your innermost being. His body appeared weak, but he was quite strong. His bones poked through what remained of his emancipated frame. She blinked slowly as he walked out of the tunnel, joining the draenei. The tunnel was the only way in, and the only way out. If she were to run, she'd have to get around the undead, plus the draenei. The former walked calmly over to where she sat, doing his best to hide the fact he was in pain. He leered over her, almost drooling at his prize. Alanna mentally kicked herself for getting into this mess. How on earth would she escape? Her ropes were cruelly tight, her gag preventing her from opening her mouth. She looked up, meeting the undead's gaze squarely. She would not waver, nor release his.
He grinned in approval. “Good! She still has fight in her.”
The draenei walked over, kicking her cruelly. “Mm. We should get on with it. We don't want...” He looked around suspiciously. “...anyone coming after her.”
The undead warlock nodded in agreement, drawing a small dagger, unlike one that Alanna had ever seen before. It was a short blade, but hooked in a strange manner at the end. She looked from the draenei to the undead apprehensively. The latter knelt down next to her, holding the knife at the ready.
He looked over to the draenei, frustration apparent in his eyes. “Hold her down.”
The draenei knelt obediently down beside him, his arms holding the small elf down. Alanna let out a muffled “Mmh!” before he slapped her hard, growling, “Be quiet!”

Alanna squeaked again, beginning to struggle. Her bound legs kicked out at the undead, knocking him aside for a moment. She struggled up to a sitting position before the draenei pushed her back down. The warlock righted himself, his grin replaced by a scowl.
“We're not playing that game.” He lifted his dagger. The cold steel met Alanna's eyes and she began to quiver in fear. Would that be the last thing she ever saw? She closed her eyes in resignation, then opened them slowly. She jumped slightly, for there! In the tunnel beyond stood a man, an elf. A creature of the forest, a Kaldorei. Alanna tried to hide her surprise, and immediately replaced her look of surprise with one of pain. Even if she left without limbs, she might make it out alive.
The undead whispered in her ear. “Farewell...” He grabbed the dagger and plunged it straight into her left shoulder, right where it met her neck, right in between the two bones.
A sharp and dreadful spout of pain flashed across her eyes, a spurt of deep red blood spouting out from the gash. She thought she had known pain, but no, this was worse than anything she had ever felt. It was like a poker tipped in flames had been driven straight through her neck. She managed to see through her watering eyes that the undead was holding his dagger high in triumph, blood dripping from the finely crafted blade. Alanna struggled to free her hands, but to no avail. She could only wait until the Kaldorei in the tunnel made his move, and he did, even as she watched. The man suddenly stepped forward, drawing his hand-and-a-half sword, and plunging it deep into the draenei's chest. He let out a sound, a choking gasp, like a dying man, before he fell forward on top of the planks. The night elf leaned over, pain and fear apparent in his deep golden eyes. He reached a hand out to her in assistance.

Alanna struggled for a moment, the pain muddling her thoughts. The undead looked from his dead partner, to his attacker, then without hesitation, drove his dagger deep into her other shoulder, aiming for the same spot. The night elf let out a war cry, it seeming like he had been pierced instead of Alanna. She looked down at the dagger, stuck in her body. Blood was seeping around it, but suddenly her thought was cut off by a flash of light. Another sharp burst of pain blinded her from anything else. There was nothing but blackness... numbing and painful. She was lost, her very head bursting with it. She was falling... falling down a dark tunnel, the door of light closing around her. She knew nothing else, and the nothing was part of her. The darkness and aloneness was so complete, she wanted to die, to be done. If only she could succumb, she would be free. She looked up to the ceiling, crying out, her voice usually light and carefree, laced with anguish. Her body was covered in blood, her wounds seeping. She managed to blink her eyes, trying to remain with the light, but her will wavered for a moment and she continued to fall. She was sinking, drowning in the darkness. The last thing she felt were comforting, yet strong hands reaching around her, gentle words brushing against her ears. Then she knew no more.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not much, only one thing. I'm a slow typist. I use punctuation, I -try- to spell things correctly, but I'm just slow. A few months ago, I was in a car accident, paralyzing me from waist down, plus smashing my left side. I'm left handed, so I've had to learn how to type with my right. It's getting there, but that also means I do it one-handed. I've been practicing, so I'm getting better. I hope this won't hinder me from begin able to join you.

I look forward to hearing a response, and I also look forward to meeting people. Thanks!

(Edit: My main is now Keladry, as Alanna is already taken. I'm also playing a mage, Zambal. Sorry...)
I think you might have meant 5'5 tall. o.o; That, or you're officially the tallest and skinniest person on this server. =P
Consider it my first typo, the first of many. Yes, it's supposed to be 5'5". I guess that's the fantasy side of me, longing to be taller. Hehe...
Welcome to the server!