Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Toothpick intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
about yourself, as a player:
I'm a fairly relaxed player, I've RP'ed in a few games, including WoW retail and other private servers. I'm a bit of an RP junkie. I like laughing, things that make me laugh make me happy. I like RPing because its essentially impossible to predict how another person will play, and that spontaneity is what really draws me to RP.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

U.S. o' A. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Played warcraft III and its expansion, loved the story. WoW came out, bunch of friends enticed me into joining them on retail, been loving it since the old vanilla days.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Looking for a quality roleplay server where roleplay is the focus, and not just a byproduct, I'm tired of RPing on servers and have people dericively mock me and the other roleplayers because they look down upon it or do not understand it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like smaller groups, just because it moves faster and is easier to follow. I'm open to any sort of roleplay as long as its fun. I prefer action but only if its preceded by a proper build up of plot and drama, not just fighting for fighting's sake.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Draenei shaman. I don't know, I love the little fellas. Honestly, I cannot explain it, I tried horde shaman, found it slow and boring, tried draenei shaman, I know its the exact same class, but for some reason its wonderful to me.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Deep, immersive roleplay, immense amounts of fun, creative and exciting community with lots of opportunity to delve into high quality roleplay.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity, the line "It means being able to have the clarity of vision to be critical and honest with oneself, and to act based on the greater good rather than the personal good." really strikes a chord with me, because I really believe that its a clear statement, and it relates a lot to the respect rule, but it has some deeper connotations.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Oh jeez, a story, I'm not much for the forum roleplay but I'll try:

*Abe Bluewell walks into the bar, the bell on the door ringing as it opens and shuts, the wood floor boards creaking as his boots press upon them, water dripping off his coat. He sits down on a barstool, yanking the snowcap off of his head, looking out with a pair of piercing blue eyes and the hardened stare of a seasoned soldier*
Bartender: "Hey Abe, what can I get you tonight?"
Abe: "Just get me a beer."
Bartender: "A frosty one, comin' right up!"
*Abe grunts, scanning around the dimmly lit smokey bar, eyeing the other patrons, getting a feel for the atmosphere. His cold, hardened demeanour and analytical eyes removing what little happiness was in the bar. He was a well known man, reputed murderer, although never caught. Whenever he came into town, people started dissappearing, not that they didn't deserve, almost everyone in this town was a criminal of some sorts, but Abe, no one could ever pin down exactly who or what he was, he just came and went as he pleased, and damned be the man who got in his way.*
*The bartender sets down a large frosty mug of cold beer.*
Bartender: "Here you are, I'll just add that to your tab as usual."
*Abe grunts, taking a swig of the beer, the familiar watered down taste washing away the taste of the rain. A foul thing the rain, ever since the war started it's always been acidic, bitter, no one stayed outside longer than they had to these days, but it wasn't just the rain people were avoiding, it was what lurked in the darkness with it.*

Ok, I don't really know where else to go with it, that's just a little sample off the top of my head. ^.^

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hello COTH! Are there cookies?
Yes! We do have cookies! Welcome to the server!