Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I'm a seventeen year old male student from the northeastern U.S. I've actually been playing WoW since mid-2006 (role playing all along the way!) and recently took a short break from the game. Having played for quite a bit of time, I've come to really enjoy the lore behind WoW, and high-quality RP has easily become my favorite game pastime, although I've never turned away anybody interested in learning, either. I'm a fairly laidback person who loves to laugh and have an all-around good time.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the United States, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I was actually introduced to the game by a long-time friend who doesn't role play. I'd always enjoyed fantasy games but had never ventured into the realm of MMORPGs, and he recommended that I give it a try. After playing with him on his PvP server for a few months, I realized that what really fascinated me about the game was the storylines, so I opted to switch to an RP server. Haven't left one since!

What made you seek our server over others?:

A few things. The first thing that caught my eye was the depth and quality of the RP here. Having read through a number of the introductions, profiles, etc., I have yet to come across anything I've found to be even average (which, admittedly, makes me wonder whether or not I'll be accepted at all…in a good way, of course!). The next was most definitely the level of activity here. It seems that posting occurs extremely often, which I presume means that in-game play is fairly active as well. I also like the tight-knit feel of the forums and community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I think it depends on my mood and the situation. While I do enjoy tavern RP, I feel like it tends to move rather slowly, although this could just be a misconception based on poor past experiences. I really love action and intrigue, although I do understand that this is often tough to organize and play out well. I like RP in a small-medium sized group. I've tried doing huge group raids with RP, and it tends to get very cluttered; however, this is probably just due to the nature of the chatbox, and I'm sure that, given a more organized experience, I would enjoy it immensely.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

The last character I really played heavily was an Undead Warlock. As far as in-game mechanics go, Warlock and Rogue are two of my favorite classes, despite how differently they're played. That said, I've only played a handful of classes for an extended period of time, and I'd really like to try out those I'm unfamiliar with. As for races, it's more a matter of which I prefer not to play. While I'll play anything if the mood strikes me, I tend to avoid night elves, blood elves, trolls, and dwarves. Elves seem overpopulated, and I've never had the urge to play one for very long. I can't put a finger on what it is I dislike about trolls, and I'm simply not very inclined towards dwarves. This isn't to say I don't interact with or enjoy those races; they're just not really for me. I do tend to occasionally break from any of the above statements if I have an idea that really appeals to me at the moment, though. So much for preferences =P

What are your expectations of this server?:

Quality RP, to put it simply. I suppose that encompasses quite a bit, though, so I'll elaborate by saying that I'd like to see good English, interesting plots, and friendly people!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I like that you have an application process, as it takes care of the issue of greifers and non-RPers right off the bat. The humility section is also nice. Definitely something that isn't addressed often enough by RP-communities.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Darkness descended rapidly on the small band of tattered refugees that had been the last to leave the town of what was now Sorrow Hill. They consisted primarily of the old, the young, and the sick, although a few broad-shouldered, well-armed men accompanied the sluggish convoy on its flight from its ruined home. The leader of the caravan was one such man; about six feet tall, he sported a short, bushy brown beard and long, straight hair of the same color. His soft mane of hair stretched overtop of his shoulders in two thick braids. His face was pale, although it might once have had a darker hue had he not just recently escaped the horrors of Andorhal. Dark blue eyes rested just above the bridge of his nose.

Baradar, as the convoy's leader was called, was also the first to raise the alarm as the assembly was set upon by a roving band of undead.

“Undead!” he roared, drawing a massive broadsword from its sheathe on his back, nodding at the other fighting men in the ragtag brigade.

The squad plunged into the mass of dead flesh, blades flying about, slashing, hacking, parrying as the undead surged towards them. Baradar watched as the cadavers cut down his companions one by one until he stood alone, outnumbered and surrounded.

As combat paused, Baradar smiled softly, watching the convoy push further into the distance. He listened to the silence and felt a breeze push a lock of hair out of his eyes and over the top of his head.

I have done my duty, he thought to himself. I am a small sacrifice for the lives I have saved.

Letting loose a bestial cry, Baradar hurled himself forward, swinging wildly as he felt his attackers thrust their blades into him. His eyes shut momentarily and, recognizing his impending death, he reopened them for one final look at the world from which he would soon depart.

He saw the convoy on the horizon. He saw people running. He saw an enormous, grotesque abomination fall upon them, killing and maiming any creature in its path.

Baradar opened his mouth and attempted a faint “No,” but all he could muster was a spurt of blood. He let out a loud “gurgle” and collapsed to the ground. The Plaguelands were lost.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

No other concerns. Hope you enjoyed!
Very well done, I likey! Welcome to the server!