Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Tahruun's Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello there. I'm a relatively young player from the South of Europe, an avid reader, creative writer and a roleplayer, faring myself well with forum RP, pen & paper. Since I paralelly play on retail, most of my experiences come from there, and I lead a renowned tauren RP guild. Roleplaying for more then five years, I tried myself in all different styles and games, and I have been a Dungeon Master for quite a few occasions, usually ending with successful parties.
I tend to show up in the eves, but often found in the afternoons and mornings on Weekends. I visit school and have no job so far, therefore ending up with a fair bundle of free time.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?

I fare from Slovenia, which is of course a non English speaking country. An avid reader as said above, my English goes pretty fluently and is constantly improving (or so I trust). My primary language is Slovenian, my secondary is certainly English.

How did you get into Warcraft?
That was three and half years ago, when I was desperate over Guild Wars' "silly-bility". I started on a PvP realm as a pretty newbcake, leading a pretty successful Slovenian guild thereby, but ending up guildless and slowly leveling towards 60. Then BC dinged, and I picked up my wits and dinged 70 quite fast. It's at 68 when I discovered roleplay in WoW, and I quickly dazed off to search more.
Since then, I developed several long history based characters, and moved my fresh 70 tauren druid to the given RP realm. There I created a tauren RP guild which turned out very popular in a mere week and soon we monopolised tauren roleplayers to ourselves. The guild kept developing ever since, and I maintained a realm newspaper on my gnome and led a captain position on my human in a pretty known military order, The Vanguard Order.

I've tested myself in being a Dungeon Master many times since, and I believe these two years of WoW RP brought me a lot of experience and English fluency.

What made you seek our server over others?
I'd be lying if I said anything else, but it was as simple as writing "Private WoW RP server" in google and I run up to you. Aye, simple as that. And since then, I didn't care to look at others, for you seem much goodness.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?
I'm the reverer of deep, consecutive storyline RP, with numerous plots and twists leading up to epic and unepic, fun and serious, dramatic and plain adventures. Romance RP does not fare well with me, and neither does Tavern. I'm one of the wild ones. DnD styled sessions are my love.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?
I tend to find myself content with anything that is calm, wise, but strong and authoritish. A tauren druid or shaman is my perfect choice, and I'd roll either if I could.

What are your expectations of this server?

A fair share of enjoyable, relaxed and storylined sessions of roleplay. A mature staff and mature realm-mates are preferred too.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?
Role-playing Rule naturally, though all seem very content to me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!

The tired caravan wrought their path up the Barren steadily, the sounds of the wild kodo hooves beating against rock filling the otherwise silent and dull atmosphere. Barely any shaft of light could of break through the dim clouds ruling the skies. Since departing from Mulgore, a storm started preparing in the south, for which they were not prepared. Krigaj walked after Aenokhe slowly, his worried mind heating up, as the soil beneath his feet cracked.

“Seer,” he said at least to Aenokhe. The old one kept his pace up, despite his age. “The Scale... I do not bide well with it... it is... it is like a chain of burning iron of immense weight thrust in my hand, my soul and spirit, its cunning poison entering my veins ever as we move!” Far behind, thunder rung through the skies. “The world has changed, since the day I took it off my chest. I see shadows lurking at my sight even more often than before, and my feet feel hazy and tired.” The Seer did not stop nor did he turn around.

“Elder!” cried Krigaj now. “Are you listening to me at all?!” But he was not given a response. The weather continued to get even sultrier and the thunders became less seldom. The animals of the wilds sought refuge, yet the tauren thought not of resting. Some of them seemed quite displeased and were silently whining, but it was clear that even those wordless were exhausted. For two days and the second eve were they on feet without break. Their hooves felt as if about to fall apart or burn from the heat, and their manes were wet – solely from sweat. The storm came closer and closer, and the last rays of light vanished under a thick layer of shadowly clouds.

A distorted cloud spawned from behind the mountains, walling the Barren off Mulgore, and flew towards the company. Talur's eyebrows lifted thoughtfully and he lift a hand up to his forehead, gazing towards it. “Hiamovi, what see thee therest?” said he, pointing out his right hand. “A cloud it seems. Why ask you?” answered Hiamovi quietly, seeming quite careless but frank. “I had of thought the cloud moved too fast, and for the moment, I seemed to have seen a small, crow-like figure separating from its core. But must be the heat my eyes receive these days,” said Talur, smiling faintly, as he turned back forward.

Hiamovi looked at the cloud again. “Hoom, you might not be all so wrong... if it is a cloud, it certainly is of strange nature,” he mumbled to Talur on his ear, when suddenly, the sky was filled with birdlike squawks. All the tauren turned to the sky, and then in a gasp, Talur shouted: “It –IS- crows! And they seem nothing I would like to be seen by as well!”

Aenokhe then finally faced the rest of the tauren, glanced across the cloud and let out a sharp yell: “To the ground! Cover down, lest the crows will see thee! Cover in the grass!”

Krigaj prudently bound into the grass, the rest following him shortly after. Aenokhe morphed into a predator lion, his colours morphing with the ones of the grass. He dug his horns in the soil, waiting for the flock to pass by. Krigaj cast a glance up, turning himself back down in seconds.

“These are no usual crows,” he whispered to the Elder. “I fear these are the ones we encountered two days ago in Mulgore. Apt is our Enemy.” Then the flock was abounding, and the pack rested in silence. Dozens of wings swung through the air as swiftly as the wind goes, and a wide sphere of shadows was thrown round the lying bodies, as they moved in several circles. At least, they croaked fiercely and suddenly dropped lower to levitate only ten feet above their lying bodies.

“Curses, I fear they have us,” Krigaj whispered, setting his hand on the haft of his bow. He almost sprung up to strike at the foul beasts, although that would likely be his misery, if a claw had not been laid on and pushed against his shoulder. “Wait and see,” mumbled the Elder.

Then raid began to drop, and thunder sounded again. The crows moved one last circle above them, but as their feathers wet, they croaked again and flew off.

The Wolves cautiously stood back up, eyeing the waste plains. “Pray to the Earthmother, for it was only herself who today saved us from discovery,” cried Aenokhe, monetarily sprawling his hands above his head as a sign of thanks.

“We will find a shelter nearby and have a humble rest ere the storm takes rest,”
Welcome to the server!