Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Esgaroth's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I come from a long line of role playing. Sense I was at least 7 years of age, I've been with my imagination like no other. I just recently turned 21 and been through a lot. From the classic paper and pen; Dungeon & Dragons, to Never Winter Nights, then Everquest, and for the pass 3 years I've been playing World of Warcraft. As well the other most famous works of Blizzard's games. I'm a full time bookseller at a local bookstore so I'm a pretty big book worm I guess you can say. I love the sci-fantasy & adventure/ horror genre. I'm also with a Story Telling Renaissance Guild, which I've been a member for about 7 years now. I do also collect Dragons, Daggers & Swords as a hobby. But other than from what people say… I'm actually pretty laid back, life of the party type person. I'm also a film/ art major in college. 8)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the U.S. I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I started playing World of Warcraft after reading a few of their Archive Books in the Sci-Fantasy Section. The covers enlighten me with the art works from the covers. I then started playing Warcraft 3 and the exspansion Frozen Throne. After I started to invest some money and started to play World of Warcraft and been a fan ever sense!

What made you seek our server over others?:

From the reading in the forums and the rules it made me happy to see someone who actual had the imagination to actually start something like this and finally take control and make Role Playing fun! Don't get me wrong but World of Warcraft in general servers are fun, but it seems like this one is more controlled... so I do look forward in playing in a environment such as this. Especially from what I heard you can finally understand the other faction's language? If so, I'm already thrilled to finally interact with them other than the classic words... "Blur."

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

All kinds. From Sci-fi Fantasy, Adventure, Horror, the out of the norm just plain weird.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

So far the Forsaken are my most favorite race, other than the Night Elves/ Blood Elves. I love the storyline from the Forsaken how they were changed from being Human to their zombie like characteristics due to the plague. Especially how they turned their back on Arthas in the Warcraft 3 game and fought back for their freedom. Long live the Dark Lady!!

My favorite class is the Mage. I love their arcanic powers, and the way they wield them. Especially teleportation. Which is one of my for most favorite types of spells. With a matter of seconds your in the high rise mountains of Mulgore in Thunder Bluff city, to the outer plain of Outlands in Shattrath. It helps getting to where you need to go from time to time. Though I'm starting to get into playing a priest quite well.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm looking forward in enjoying a matured type server. Where we can actually have a conversation without anyone taking what happens "in character" to "out of character" content and then setting a reputation for themselves in a horrid manor. I'm also excited to hear finally there will be no god modding. Which seems to happen quite frequently in regular Role Playing servers. I'm also looking forward to what lies out in the world of CotH Role Play. 8) And might I say three cheers for no more OOC Drama!! Huzzah!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

My favorite so far is the Godmoding Rule Listing. Finally a server that takes this into action. I've seen this done several times on a variety of different occasions. Which makes it quite hard to Role Play when people God Mod. It ruins the whole Role Playing Battles & anything for that matter. I'm happy to see this finally take into action. :D

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The night sky was lit up with stars and the moons glow. The forest sparkling with ancestral glow. The flowers blooming their fluorescents mango orange and ocean blue color. The bark on the trees each carved with a symbol glowing a dark eerie green. Each with a different marking than the last. No call of wild life, no sound of any living creature, but the ambience of the howling winds coming from the far southern part of the forest where a cave lingers deep within the earth's crest.

A creature they say stirs about inside. Rumors and Legends told of this creature with over dozen or so eyes, glowing a deep and dark blood red. It's overgrown plant like body reaching at least over two stories tall. It's arms like emerald green vines. The creature's teeth razor sharp easily breaking anything from bones to titanium rods. It's body a sluggish form, from some bazaar nightmare. Luckily though, from what people say that it can only reach out of it's home there in the cave a good hundred or so yards. They say it's stuck, trapped like a rat with the cat waiting outside to feast upon it's prey. They say if you go inside the last thing you'll see is it's glowing eyes staring right at you as you paralyze over from it's grip. The sound of it so horrid that no man can survive it and live to hear another day. Yet to this day no one has survived it's presence.

Derrick trembles as he listens closely to his brother's story at the camp fire. His emotion still and worried, almost in shock just as his brother Alexander and friends Peter, Ricky, & Paul scream in fright scaring Derrick almost literally to a cold death.

“Ahh!” Screams Derrick, nearly crying as he huddles underneath his cloak and hood.

“Ha ha, Alexander your brother is freaked!” Paul replies laughing falling backwards off the tree log.

“Aye, I do say he does get scared.” Peter grinning, chuckling about.

“It's not funny! Not funny at all! Alexander, you just wait till I tell mother!” Derrick cried out.

“Oh nonsense! You said you wanted to hear a campfire story! So I told you one!” Alexander replied, giving off a devilish smirk.

Derrick sighs, wondering still trembling from his imagination taking over, picturing the darkling creature lurking inside the cave as he looks around seeing them in the exact same forest that his brother described.

“Ha that one was too great Alexander.” Paul said as he set himself up back on the log.

“I think that's one of your best ones yet!” Nodded Peter glancing over to Derrick, sighing as he pat's Derrick's head.

“Leave me alone!” Derrick sighed.

“Oh stop being a baby! You wanted to come with us.” Paul smirked.

“So Alexander where could this creature be?” Ricky asked, teasing Derrick a little more.

“Alright you guys… we can stop. I don't want to be grounded again for giving him nightmares.” Chuckled Alexander.

“We're running out of fire wood guys.” Peter said.

“Well then go get it!” Peter nodded no, “No way man, you can go get it yourself.” He gulped being somewhat startled from the campfire story himself.

“Fine then Paul can get it.” Alexander demanded.

“You nuts? Ricky you go get it!” Said Paul with a quick response.

“Make me!” Ricky said with a snarl.

“Uhg… “ Alexander sighed as the boys slowly looked to one and another. After, all eyes were pointed to Derrick still hiding underneath his hood and cloak. Derrick quickly nodded no, the boys replied nodding yes. “No, please… not me. I don't want to go out there! The mons--” Derrick was quickly cut off as Paula and Ricky replied growling and howling. “Ohhhh, oooh, scared of the monster?” Ricky howled. “Ya the monster Paul grinned.

“N, no--. NO! I can do it!” Derricked wined. Attempting to look brave and filled with courage though his expression showed none, he stood up wrapping his coat and hood around him. Alexander nodding no, smirking, “You just be careful alright. I don't want mother getting on my case with you getting lost!” Peter, Paul, & Ricky kept howling for a little longer as Alexander tried to calm them down laughing slightly seeing his brother Derrick walk out into the forest.

“I'll show them! They'll see what it's like scaring me!” Derrick clenching his jaw, and fist. Deep in thought he was as he walked and walked quite a ways gathering all sorts of twigs fallen from the trees above.

The glow from the campfire was no longer seen where Derrick was now. Too deep in the forest he was. Not realizing how far he went. Lost in the atmosphere of his surroundings, he heard a faint growl from behind him. He paused in his steps slowly turning around. His face turned pale. His eyes bug eyed. Dropping the small bunch of wood he collected. Gasping for breath, he begins to stutter calling out for his brother. Yet, all is heard is a roar like no other. Heard through out the land.

The birds vast asleep now fluttering away from the forest in the night sky. The boys at the campfire all stood up, looking around in all directions. “Derrick!” Alexander whispers. The boys quickly grabbed the remaining pieces of sticks from the fire using them as torches. Running out into the direction of the roar they heard. The boys calling out, “Derrick! Derrick! Where are you? Derrick!” Yet nothing was heard from Alexander's brother but another roar. Alexander's expression became more concerned by the seconds passing.

Soon a few minutes later after searching, the came up to a cave. Large enough reaching two stories tall. The smog drifting from it. Dark green vines hanging over the entrance. Small sorts of bones were scattered across the ground. A echoed howl came from the winds passing in and out of the cave.

“Alexander look!” Peter shouted as he pointed to a large amount of branches were.

Fresh blood smeared over them. Leading up into the cave. Alexander became cold with worry. He trembled in his shoes. “Where's Derrick?” Paul stuttered. As the four looked into towards the cave feeling a cold drift flowing pass them. Shortly Alexander whispered, “Go in there Paul. See what is inside.” Yet Paul didn't answer. The other two stood there looking between Alexander and Paul. “No way man… I'm n-not going in there.” Paul shouted. “JUST GO IN THERE!” Alexander demanded, as the other two pushed Paul ahead. “We're right behind you.” Cried Peter. “Ya right behind you.” Ricky nodded. Paul glared with anger as he walked ahead.

Alexander stood in his place as the other two boys slowly followed Paul behind. Alexander standing there unable to move, unable to breath at this point. Knowing that something happened to his only and younger brother Derrick. Watching the three walk up, seeing Paul moving the vines out of his way, walking inside drifting into the dark. Peter and Ricky stood at the entrance looking in, wondering where Paul was in the darkness of the smog.

“Paul, be careful! Yay be careful in there!” Ricky and Peter cried out. As Paul kept drifting into the smog of the cave. Stepping over the deep mud, nearly getting stuck, he dropped his torch. As he tried prying his feet out of it. “Will you guys help me? I'm stuck!” Paul sighed. The boys didn't answered as they both stepped back from the entrance of the cave. Leaving Paul there. “What the hell is with you guys? Help me!” Paul cried out.

Shortly Paul realized why they didn't help him, why the stepped away from the entrance so cowardly. A dozen or so eyes popped out of the darkness. Glowing deep blood red. Snarling about as vines slowly crept around Paul without warning. A great roar like no other was heard as the breath of the creature swept by the boys. They began to run as Paul screamed, crying for help. Blood splattered pass the entrance dripping against the vines onto Alexander. Who stood there in shock, eyes opened wide witnessing one of his best friends now dead.

“Alexander!” Cried out Ricky as Peter grabbed Alexander from behind taking him with them.

As they ran through the forest screaming, a great beast of unnatural imagination appeared. Slowly moving all sluggish like, it's eyes over a dozen sprawling about in the air looking in all directions. It's arms like emerald green vines shooting into the ground. Now a rumble was heard as the vines shot through the forest knocking over trees and plants of all sorts, capturing one of the boys Peter.

“Ahhhh!” Peter screamed as he was caught by the foot.

“Help me! Help ME!” As he was then dragged quickly back to the monster. “HEL--” As Peter was then snapped in half against a tree from the monster, throwing Peter into it's overly large mouth, being crushed by it's razor sharp teeth. Blood oozing over the monster's chin. The boys didn't stop they kept running, not wanting to look back.

Another rumble was felt again, as even more of the monster's vine like arms shot through the earth's soil again. This time capturing Ricky from behind. Alexander stopped grabbing a hold of Ricky. “Don't let me go!” Cried Ricky, as Alexander lost his grip seeing the last of his best friends being thrown into the air over the broken trees falling directly into the monster's mouth. Alexander screamed, “RICKY!” As he watched his friend being swallowed whole. Alexander muttered, “Ricky.” As he then began to run once more… a rumbled was heard like last…

“Alexander!” Shouted a familiar voice. It was Derrick who was drenched in blood. Perhaps escaping from death.

Alexander shouted back. Running as fast as possible, “Derrick! Run!” As Alexander was then grabbed from behind, being pulled across the ground he screamed for mercy. As he was drawn in closer, and closer to the monster who was trying to pull itself out of the cave.

Alexander catching a root from a tree, he held on trying to pry himself away as he was near death seeing the monster's tongue latch onto Alexander's legs, wrapping it around them. So he was to death, so close to being exiled from his world of the living. Screaming for mercy, as the root began to break. Gasping for breath, with all his strength he held on looking back to the monster he cried as the branch broke. Though being grabbed from the hands of a familiar from certain death. Derrick was there on the other side of the tree.

Holding onto his brother's hand so tightly. Alexander screamed, “Just let go. Run why you still can! Derrick! RUN!” Though his brother's expression turned from worry to grim. His eyes dark, his wicked scowl of a smile eyed Alexander directly in the eyes. No longer his brother, no longer himself. “What's wrong brother? Scared? Like you scared me! From your dam camp fire story? Now you know how it feels to be scared!” As Derrick cackled, his eyes turning blood red as the monster's. “It was only a story!” Alexander cried. As his brother let go, seeing his brother being drawn into the monster's mouth, crunching onto Alexander's flesh, bones… blood splattered out across the entrance smearing over Derrick's face, he grinned as the monster drew itself back into the cave as if it never were leaving blood and carcass everywhere.

“It was only a story brother, it was only a story.” Whispered the ghostly possessed Derrick, as he slowly walked into the cave. Disappearing into the darkness of the smog.

~Fin~

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nothing more, just that I look forward in joining your Role Playing realm!
Welcome to the server!