Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rogue's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

When it comes to playing the game, I'm slow at leveling, especially when Roleplaying is involved. I do know my way around alright and do not mind assisting others in need, however I do prefer to solo unless raiding or group instancing.

I have not run my own server or really been a part of many private servers. There were few I went to, but no one ever roleplayed and most of the time, it was instant 80's servers and people there created a character, then left when they were bored.

I do play on retail right now, I have several characters there and am a certified Altaholic, to my own dismay. However, my financial situation has had me playing off and on for about three years now, I have only a couple in their 70's. I however, no longer play on Roleplaying servers on Retail, I have many reasons for this, personal reasons included, however I have mainly found that Roleplayers on Roleplaying servers on World of Warcraft Retail, get much grief from others.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born in the United States, where I lived for the majority of my life, speaking English as my primary language. I studied Japanese in High School, but never got past basic enunciation and simple words and phrases. I took one class for the German language, but all I can recollect is counting to ten.

However, about three years ago, I moved to Quebec Canada where I live in a French city. I am learning French, immersed in it really and sometimes it even slips out while speaking or writing.

I'm a fan of language and culture and love to learn. Though I like to think I have a great understanding of the English language, I am no master and specifically a poor speller at times.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Simply, a man. Hahah! I had been playing Star Wars Galaxies for a while and met someone there whome urged me to leave with him and play World of Warcraft, this was of course back in the day where downing Onyxia was a grand feat and boasting about it earned much respect.

Well, I purchased a copy of the game and logged into the server and faction he wished of me, created a couple of characters and got hooked. I even purchased Warcraft III and played this from start to finish, which reminds me, I should pick up another copy as mine has gathered far too many scratches to serve me any longer ...

What made you seek our server over others?:

I've been seeking a good steady roleplaying server for a long time, this one seems grand and functional, with several people who login daily it seems. I have also seemed to end up primarily Horde based now and well, Conquest of the Horde spoke to me, jumped out from the list even. Writing introductions pleases me, though I don't mind teaching others about roleplaying, I have had problems with certain kinds of "God-modders" or "l337" people who may have intended well, but frustrate me to no end.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Now this is a question I can go into detail about. I have had many great and epic roleplays that have been started merely by saying hello. There has also been plenty of failures or roleplays with people who eventually give up interest in their own creations.

One of my favorite kinds of roleplay is structured sharing. Let's see if I can elaborate a bit more on this. For example, a guild leader creates a booming guild, full of roleplayers. This guild has a plan or reason, it isn't something that is just there, there is meaning behind it. Well, it seems that even with these meanings, most of the time people never get to share their own characters stories and it ends up being either a) all about the guild leader and officers or b) all about the purpose behind the guild. Structured sharing to me is the kind of guild I explained above, only each character gets to take their story into OOC discussion, with the guild or with the guild leader, so that they may improvise or figure out new and exciting means to discover the story behind each character and how their destiny fits together with the guild, with the game or anything else they may think of. Everyone gets a turn, everyone gets a say and a voice, in the long run, it may take time for things to progress, but things can progress in a way where people get to really advance their stories.

Now, I do enjoy the random tavern gathering, the swapping of mighty tales of eventful dungeon plundering, it brings a nice slow pace and filler into the storyline. However, if everyone is always throwing a tea party or running around looking for the kidnapped Lady in distress or vicious battle hardened Orc are picking flowers and wooing young Blood Elven women, I'm going to be sick. If I'm going to sit in the tavern, I'm going to be my character!

Reality Roleplaying, is also prefered to me, on somewhat of a basis. If a level 1 is claiming he or she can beat up anyone, just because their tongue is sharp, I'd like to see them duel and win as they claim. It is my opinion that level should matter, because it is experience gained in the game that gives experience to your character. However, I can be somewhat verbose and redundant so I like to give people chances to explain their character at least a little, if they have a certain extra skill not granted to them by the game mechanics. This includes other additional features, colors, scars, extra appendages, lack of appendages, scents and physique. In other words, if someone can explain to me in great detail why their character is a pregnant Troll hermaphrodite with blue eyes and has a peg leg, then by all means, they're welcome to it.

Random roleplaying is fun too, if I make friends, I'm happy to continue to share great adventures with them. No matter the faction as well, if I create a character who is appalled at killing any Night Elves, then by goodness those purple-skinned, long eared beasts will have a friend with that character in any Night Elf who wants to say hi, without their weapon.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I have two favorites for each, either combination works with me.

I have always enjoyed being Forsaken. My first Horde character was a Forsaken, they've got intriguing history and I think the males are kinda cute! I also like Blood Elves, because even though I'm Horde at heart, I'm still a woman and like to be pretty.

My favorite two classes, which I always play are Rogue and Priest. I love being a Rogue mainly for gameplay reasons, RP aside. I prefer to deal a steady amount of DPS with little downtime, able to solo and sneak around to explore places I'm probably not supposed too in the first place. I enjoy being a Priest, because I like to be a healer in groups, I always have an itchy Greater Heal finger, even when I'm DPS it's hard to resist glancing around for your non-existent heals to keep that green bar filled up.

For roleplaying, I actually tend to expand pass these classes, though they never get too high, I enjoy creating new characters to interact with, different histories.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Unfortunately I have no expectations. I would enjoy it if my desires for what this server could be, would be fulfilled, however I have come to learn that to expect something from people without letting them prove themselves first is immoral.

I would like to meet new people, begin to roleplay as I first log in, I would like to see a variety to the different kinds of personalities and creations people employ. Even if I am not conventional, I would like to be accepted by others, as most social people do.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Respect. I find that upon the NA servers of Blizzards Retail World of Warcraft, this word does not exist. Respect should be a vital virtue dictated into everyone's mind. Treat others how you wish to be treated in return. It shouldn't be a shock to someone if they call me a nasty word and I /ignore them or leave their group.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This is the end to an epic tale of love, loss and vengeance. What is described here, what this woman was a part of, is no more. How this came about, will not be described.

She stood upon the hillside of the purple hued Netherstorm province, peering out into the vast open space of the Nether itself, blank bone white eyes filled with despair as she stared, waiting for something or someone, perhaps waiting to find the end of such vast Chaos. When the winds picked up around her, tossing snow white hair across her porcelain features, long thin elven ears dipped and the Sin'dorei form of the girl, faded from reality. She phased, in and out of time, lost on this world a Ghost of the past and long forgotten time of discovery and youth. Only memory keeps her alive, tied to these planes of existence, only one memory. It had been years since she had started to wander again, this construct of flesh, years since she had contact with any being other than the random adventurer or demon she slew that came to try and strike her down. The girl had avoided any contact with either faction of Horde or Alliance, including the many smaller factions that contained the races of men and women. Today, she sought them out.

A small piece of parchment sat crumpled slightly in her fingertips, she seemed to had forgotten it for a while and while her thoughts traced to those people she once called friend, her lithe gripping fist caused her to start, remembering that the paper was there, wondering briefly where it had come from. So she opened it, ears twitching slightly to the sound of unfolding paper as it was smoothed out in her palms, the tear stained and blood inked parchment was the last surviving piece of her old life, the only piece who couldn't let her go, the only piece she couldn't let go.

My Dearest:

You were my obsession. I loved you and you ran away from me. You ran away from me when I needed you. Was I not good enough for you?

You killed me. Took my life away from me, left me to his care, why? I had forgotten everything, all of it was missing, but the one piece you worked so hard to take away, the memory of you.

When I had you, you didn't stay. You killed yourself to get away from me, your suicide to return back to everything that was normal. I could never know happiness like I did when I was with you. What he did, what they did, they created me. They created a monster, one you feared.

When I saw you again, I forced myself to forget. All the times you cared for me, all the times you told me you needed me, where not the words I wanted to hear. I begged for death at this time, end to existence, but it never came. I told myself it wasn't really you, it was someone else.

Now I am unwanted, no one remembered me, not even my creators. They had forgotten, just as everyone else. I fear now, it is you who holds onto my memory. Are you ever going to let me go?

I know you will never read this letter, I write it to the wind. Though I wait now, still fading, I wait for you to come kill me. I beg you now, to put me out of my misery, because that is what I have become, Misery.

I love you. I will wait for you in the afterlife, perhaps then we can finally be together.

Sincerely,
Ghost

Her own tears flooded towards the paper once more, crystalline droplets fading before they could stain too much of the letter. Dressed in a smoothed silken black dress that parted upon her legs, the icy woman stepped barefoot towards the center of the Outland, seeking civilization, seeking to return to Azeroth. A pair of swords hung upon the leather belt tied around her hips, each one a glow with a deepened violet aura, oiled with an invisible coat of poison. However she didn't get far, when she detected a presence behind her, as if her reading the letter had summoned the man she pined for, he had appeared, watching the Ghost with his own dreaded despair. She turned towards him, breathing out in a painful gasp as her heart skipped beats. This tall muscular man dressed in darkened gray leather, marked with an aura of bestial grace, took one step towards her and she took one step back.

"Rogue, have you come to kill me?" She asked, though it was a question she hoped the answer was true and a light begging wisp echoed behind her voice.

"No ..." Her eyes closed, despair written on her features as the tears slowly continued to slick her features and bring a flush of blood to her cheeks.

"Why not?" Her fists tightened, crinkling the paper between them. If he noticed the letter, he didn't show it.

Rogue stepped towards her again, slowly, testing her reaction with each booted foot upon dusty violet ground. One arm came up, like a lost pup his ears drooped and he whimpered slightly at her presence. Her body rejected her mind and his implying wolfish beg brought her near into a full leap into his arms, desperately crying for his solace. It was one embrace, but the heart behind his actions beat calmly, he was prepared, but for what?

Looking up at him, the Ghost's blind stare tried to study his features, hoping to read from him the truth of his appearance. "Why have you come ..?" she pleaded.

"Ghost, I have come to say good-bye."

"So you have come to kill me." She was at peace with this already, in fact she had wanted it since the day he left her, so many years ago.

A leather clad hand was drawn up from the embrace and he tucked his fingers under her chin, raising it to face his dark stare. A smile crossed his features, but there was the hint of sparkle in his eyes, betraying his cool demeanor. Then in one swift move, he pressed his lips against hers in a long awaited kiss, a kiss she couldn't help but to melt under, leaving her entire being defenseless. Goodbye, she whispered in her mind, expecting his blade to pierce her spine.

When it did not come, she suddenly got worried as he pulled away from her form, she was so cold now as he stepped back slowly, precise placement of strides, causing her confusion and ache to become realization with each of the Rogue's steps.

"No ..." she whispered, "No not again ..." he was too close, she ran towards him but he raised his arms up and fell back, letting the winds of the Nether take him. "No!" She screamed, screeched behind panicked outstretched arms as he dissipated into the dark emerald abyss, Chaos consumed, her heart beat faster in its final defeat. She could not take this pain, this loss, no longer. Her scream echoed out, echoed with the wind as it burned and stung her flesh, it turned into a banshee wail as the center of her heart, a shard of her constructed form burst with glowing white light, piercing her pale white flesh and cracked.

The parchment fluttered slightly, now alone in this plane, rolling around in the wind, no longer with purpose or meaning.

There is the end now, of two star crossed lovers, the Romeo and Juliette of Azeroth with a tale much longer and much more grim than that written by Shakespeare.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

::Takes a short pale finger and taps it against her chin thoughtfully:: Nope, can't say that I've got much else to be wonderin' about! Time to go make tacos!
I liked the story. Your style is very good. I hope the Game Masters will feel the same way.
Thank you.
I actually have a question now, I hope it can be answered.

Could one play a race that is not a playable race in the game, but in character?

For example: a Troll playing Amani? Or Blood Elf being High Elf? Or perhaps even Human being Half-Elf? Nothing so elaborate as Tauren being Pandaren ... but something along those lines, previous?

Also I'd like to thank SweetSpirit for her hello and compliment as well.
Nope, Wildhammer dwarves and Frostwolf orcs are allowed though, because they are still within the same faction, cross-breeds are to rare to be played, I'll now shush! Because we aren't allowed to talk on Introductions, we keep 'em clear for vouches!
I'd begin by double checking

Character Creation Policies

The wiki from that link will answer a lot of your questions.
Amani troll no, High elf no, half elf I'd guess no. The GMs try to keep non-player race playing to a minimum. And once one person is allowed to roll a high elf or half elf, the entire server will want to because they're "the hot thing this summer".
Thank you for the responses. I'll refrain from posting here any longer, waiting with slight impatience at my response, though waiting still indeed. Appreciated.
I'll take a little time here to respond.

We don't really recognize levels as a measure of experience here. If your character is a level 3 and he's been through the First, Second, and Third Wars, well, he'll stick a level 80 Peasant without much trouble. Everything about your character is based in RP, as game mechanics on an emulator server are never accurate no matter how even the match seems to be. They can't reflect your character's unique attributes.

Be aware that the Horde and Alliance are at war. Most people do not have any cross-faction connections (Or should not), simply due to racial tensions. Tensions are even present between races in a faction (I.E. Night Elves don't get along with much of anyone by lore, and Old Horde races dislike Blood Elves and Forsaken.).

Just as a last thing, I'd like to know if the story is about the character (Or type of character) you plan on playing on the server.
Kaghuros Wrote:We don't really recognize levels as a measure of experience here.

That's perfectly fine with me, I was voicing my own opinions and preference, just as I thought this was an introduction of myself. I aim to settle into the server with its own set of comfortable guidelines.

Kaghuros Wrote:Be aware that the Horde and Alliance are at war.

My example of the happy-go-lucky night elf lover, was just an example and an attempt at humor.

Kaghuros Wrote:Just as a last thing, I'd like to know if the story is about the character (Or type of character) you plan on playing on the server.

No actually it is not. I was requested to post a piece of writing, this was the most recent writing I have been mulling over that includes the Warcraft Universe. This character was defined by a different set of rules on a Retail Server and evolved from suggestions, when I was new to roleplaying, different roleplays and numerous strange events that probably have little to do with any sort of possible reality. I simply chose my first character on a Roleplaying server, made her have white skin and hair and people asked me why, so thus began my search for reasons and thus ended up having quite the strangest little elf I've ever made.

I have however, been working on a character from the posted profile creation assistance and managed to come up with something much more mundane. When I've finished, writing up this character-in-progress' history, I would much appreciate any constructive criticism. Shall I post her history here or submit a copy to you via PM, or perhaps the Character Profile thread? I could even post an additional short story involving my character, if that is preferred.
There's no need to post it unless you want to play it as your first character since I'm going to... Welcome you to the server! Occasionally I try to figure out if Warcraft-based characters are characters that are going to be played on the server. It's just something I like to find out.