Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction for Migdalah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello! As a player, I've been playing various MMOs for seven years, on and off. Before that, I was involved in forum roleplay, and the occasional MUD. Even before that, I've managed to drag myself into a bit of reenactment, leading to my current job. Repairing equipment for them leaves me plenty of time to spend on Warcraft, which prompted my decision to search out a private roleplaying server!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the United States, and my primary language is english. Though it's far from perfect, I do try my best!

How did you get into Warcraft?
Well, back in 2004, I was lazing about between various MMOs, both free and pay, and finally stumbled across Warcraft. It was cheap, and ran on an older PC, which was a plus for me, so I thought I'd give it a try. The first thing that caught my eye was the fact that there were, indeed, roleplaying servers! Servers entirely dedicated to the fine art of immersive roleplay! Or, so I thought. Nonetheless, I tried to make lemons out of lemonade, until I found this!

What made you seek our server over others?
Quite a few friends of mine had been disappearing from my current server. Upon their return, I asked where they had been, and they pointed me here!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?
Lazy, 'day to day' RP is lovely, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong! Epic, long-reaching storylines are amazing as well! But, they can't be everything. Someone once said, "Not everyone can be a hero. Someone has to sit on the curb, and clap as they fly by!"

What is your favorite race/class? Why?
Troll Shaman. Call me a lover of stereotypes, the whole 'Voodoo Priest'-ish idea is amazingly fun, to me.

What are your expectations of this server?
Nothing more than has been promised. Mature players, mature staff, and an environment where roleplay is not only allowed and encouraged, but ENFORCED!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?
The rules against godmoding. Anyone who's played on a public roleplaying server can tell you of the horrors of the 'Half neko, half vampire, son of Arthas, Thrall, and Kael'thas' that stalks Silvermoon.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!

>>The Sheer Amusement of Fire and Frost<<

It was nearly midnight. Cindri was enjoying a nice pint of Elvish Mead, direct from the Grand City of Silvermoon. She was in the Inn of Brill, located in Tirisfal Glades... as she sipped, every now and then she would glance into the fireplace, seeing herself, her eyes, burning within. She grinned, seeing a few strangers coming in, and one who happend to be another Mage.

But different kind of Mage. A Frost Mage. They made Cindri feel conflicted. Though she didn't care for frost magic much, she still loved the powers that it contained, and knew of their powers with the Frost Shield, and their mastery over water elementals.

Cindri smirked lightly, snapping her fingers, and looked back to the fireplace. As she did, the flames sparked violently, bursting even higher, enhancing the heat of the Inn. This unsettled the frost mage, as she was forced further out of her element.

While the flames grew, the frost mage peered to Cindri, then to the flames. With a flick of her own wrist, the flames began to die down.

Cindri grunted. "And what do you think you're doing?"

The frost mage smirked, looking away from Cindri.

Cindri ground her teeth together. "Bah! Pathetic frost-mages!"

The Inn was deathly silent, as everyone looked to the frost mage. Cindri simply chuckled, stepping out of the Inn.

The frost mage rose as well, following wordlessly. As she exited into the night, a snap of her fingers extinguished the flames of the candles and lanterns, plunging the inn into darkness once more.

Later that evening, Cindri found herself passing through Silverpine forest, and trying in vain to put the earlier events of the night from her mind.

The winds cursed the land with its icy breath. Carrion birds cried shrill calls of victory, finding the corpses they fed from to be plentiful, here. The wind creaked and howled through the trees, frightening Cindri more than she cared to admit. Nonetheless, she spurred her steed onward, desperate to force her way through the cold evening. She sighed to herself, drawing her cloak tighter, and mumbled. "Ugh, will this night never end?"

As she grew accustomed to the cold, a familiar voice cackled behind her. She paused, peering around once, and found herself to be just alone as she recalled.

She sighed, shaking her head to clear it, and struggled to reassure herself. "Nothing, I'm sure... It must just be my imagination!"

Yet, as she muttered these words, a distant 'Woosh!' caught her ears, and the very same frost mage from before was standing before her, smirking proudly. Cindri was startled. "What... What are you doing here?!" She cried, blinking her eyes in disbelief.

The frost mage simply grinned once more, her eyes adopting an icy palor to match her skin. The area around the mage seemed somewhat more dense, as if the naturally-occuring magics had been dampened, and the air took on a frosty chill. At her side, a large, dripping elemental appeared.

Cindri knew not to take on the mage in her element, particularly with that enormous elemental bearing down on her. She sawed on the reins of her horse, turning it and tearing off into the night. Unfortunately, the elemental was right on her heels!

Cindri, realizing where she was, leapt from the steed. A mild burst of flame sent the horse tearing off into the night, as she slowly slipped into invisibility, scampering underneath some rubble to hide.

Though she could not see anything in the visible plane, she could hear the sound of the Dalaran mages shouting cries for help. The elemental must have been nearby. Suddenly, there was silence, and she lept out, taking her chance. As she found herself back in the visible world, she was faced with the still-angry, and still-capable elemental. She panicked, but hurriedly blinked away, running as fast as her quivering knees would allow her.

Just as she believed herself to be in the clear, bolts of ice struck her in the back, sending her sprawling. She weakly rolled onto her back, only to find the icy shards pierced through her chest, blood dripping from it. As her eyes began to cloud, she saw the frost-mage above her, a proud smirk on her face, and the elemental by her side.

"Kill Her!"

Cindri screamed, frail arms raising to fend off the elemental's blow. Yet, it brought its arms up, only to slam them down on the quivering mage. Everything went black...

She then awoke in the Inn of Brill. Confused. Thinking.

"It was only a dream!", she whispered to herself.

Only a few seconds later, the very same frost-mage stepped into the inn. Without a word, Cindri dropped her mug, and bolted out.

The first mage smirked, taking a seat, and gathered the fallen mug for herself.

-Finished!-
Welcome to the server!