Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Gajom's introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I've been playing World of Warcraft for ca. two years, now. My first character was a tauren hunter on a normal server, but I didn't really like it there, so I tried a RP Server - and stayed there.
The problem is, this server is flooded with more and more non-rp players who keep spamming ooc stuff in the /say. So I'm looking for a good private rp server.
Besides WoW, I enjoy music a lot. I'm the drummer and singer of a little rockabilly/psychobilly/blues band.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?

I'm from germany, so my primary language is german. I speak english quite good, I think but if you see some spelling or grammar mistakes, please correct me.

How did you get into Warcraft?

I always thought of Warcraft gamers as nerdy idiots, to be honest, because there've been two typical gamers in my school. When I found out, even my girlfriend has been playing WoW, I got interested. So I bought an account, my girlfriend bought a gamecard and we started playing together and unexpectedly, I liked it. I was playing pen and paper games for quite some time, so I decided to play on a roleplaying server, after trying a normal one.

What made you seek our server over others?:

My girlfriend was searching for some private roleplaying servers, when she found yours. So she gave me the link and we decided to try it out. It sounded very good, I really liked your agendas about correct grammar and not using leetspeak. We allready tried a german private rp server, but to be honest: The Admins and GM's were total idiots, claiming to know everything about the lore but knowing nearly nothing. Maybe I just don't like the idea of a bloodelf with frostmourne equiped suddenly appearing in a troll village, threatening a hole tribe of trolls.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?

I really like it, when there is some action. I have nothing against a nice evening in a tavern, drinking some mead, but I prefer the rougher side of roleplaying. Fighting for a high place in the tribe, fighting for a female or just fighting for fun.
Even if this may sound like my idea of roleplaying was PvP with rolling dices or stuff, it ain't that way. I try to give my characters their own opinions and believes. But well, yes, I love the rough characters. That's why...

What is your favorite race/class? Why?

...I love trolls! Trolls are my absolutely favorite race in the World of Warcraft. Their "strengh is the only thing that counts" society is unique. While orc's care about things as "honour", trolls just throw a spear into the back of another tribe's messenger, when he's leaving.
But I don't just like trolls. The first race I played in WoW roleplaying was forsaken and I still love them now. They've got this special kind of slapstick-humour wich makes them really enjoyable to play.
My two favorite classes are rogue and warlock. Why? Well, I don't really know. I just like to play them.

What are your expectations of this server?

Friendly, mature and skillfull roleplayers who know how to give some life and soul to a bunch of pixels. GM's who care about the roleplayers and maybe some support for roleplay events.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?
There were two things I really liked:
1. The one about respect. I think that is something, that's really important especially between roleplayers. If you ask two roleplayers about their idea of roleplaying, you will get four answers. That's why respect is essential between roleplayers.

2. The one about grammar and leetspeak. Don't we all hate it?
"tank lfg ubrs plx no noobs!" or:
"hi"
"Hello! May I help you?"
"heal?"
"Err..no, sorry. I'm a shadowpriest."
"lol noob^^"

To play without that would be just great!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!

Stranglethorn vale. Rainy season.
A ducked creature is walking down a dusty, old road, leaned on a wooden stick.
The creature is, obviously, a troll. And he's old. Very old.
A grey plait sticks out from his head and he has deep crinkles in his face.
Nothing around him but the Jungle and it's noise. And of course the knocking sound of his wooden walking stick.
Knock, step step. Knock, step step. Knock, step step.
~CRACK~
...crack?

The old troll stops und slightly turns his head. A silent but increasing rumble comes out of his throat.
Suddenly, the old one turns around, throws his arms out and yells a trollish curse.
...nobody there.
Sure?

To the trolls feet squirms a small, purple snake, which bites his left foot at once. "Nehjonu..." the old one croaks and stomps his wooden stick to the ground, whereupon the snake erects and, under horrible twists, turns into a young female troll with purple hair.

"Ya no be sneakin' up upon me like dis', mon!", says the old troll and hits the young troll's head with his wooden stick.

"'N ya no be transformin' me! 't hurts, damnit!", yells the female. For this cockiness, she receives another hit with the stick.

"Me be beggin' ya pard'n...me brought somethin', Papa!", the female says and reaches for a big sack made out of linen. The old troll takes a look inside and mumbles:
"Ayayay...dis' lookin' good!"
Inside of the sack, there's a little human girl. Dead...hopefully. Her small body is almost torn in half, her upper body turned 180 degrees around.

A pride grin creeps upon the face of the female troll, for wich she gets another stick-hit.
"No need to be proud. Ya wouldn't have made it without da help of da loa!", the old troll explains grouchy and so she keeps her mouth shut.

"C'mon now, Ula-Tek no like waitin' fo' sacrifice, huh!?"
And so, young Nehjonu takes the sack upon her back and follows the everlasting "knock, step step" of "Papa" Jin'Tuhzal, the old one.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?

Not really, I just look forward to play here!

Greetings,
Danny, the mind behind Gajom, Jin'Tuhzal and other characters.
Welcome to the server!
Thank you!

Am I allready a peon?