Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Casey's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a long term RPer, mainly via forums, mushes, and a couple MMOs (Mainly City of Heroes, and of course World of Warcraft). I've also explored the private server scene before, but not for some time, mainly because, quite frankly, I'll be happy if I never see another 'leveling road' again. That said, the idea of a server so tightly focused on creating a roleplay environment has me rather excited.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States, and English is my first (and at this time, anyway) only language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played Warcraft two and three a fair amount... I enjoyed the story, but never got too into it, as I was most certanly NOT good at real time strategy games. Then World of Warcraft came out, I realized that an MMO wouldn't involve me playing the same mission over and over to get to the next one, and I got quite a bit more into things.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I've been looking for a role play oriented private server for some time, but both Google and asking around never yielded much in the way of results. This time, I just happened to stumble upon a blog post mentioning this server, came over to check it out, and after peeking around on the forums and wiki, was convinced that registering and posting this introduction would be worth the effort

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm generally more into the social aspect of things then the more conflict oriented side... Which isn't to say I never fight, even IC, but all things being equal, my character is more likely to be found in a more peacful setting, be it a tavern, the streets of some city or another, etc.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
For quite a while on live, the only character I had that had reached the level cap, or even half the level cap, was a tauren druid, and as such, the class especially has a special place in my heart. That said, were all races available to all classes, I'd probobly stick mainly to gnomes, humans, and trolls, although thats more gut feeling then any quantifiable preference.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Having had a mixed bag (some disapointing, some very rewarding) of experiences on official RP servers, I'm not expecting this place to be Roleplay Nirvana (Although that would certainly be nice)... If this is, as it seems to be, a server where the people here are here because they enjoy roleplaying, with, as I would expect from the greater moderation allowed by the smaller community size, a lack of (out of character) trolls, I'll be more then happy!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect and Tolerance, by far. While all the rules seem important, and I greatly welcome the encouragment of decent keyboard skills, I think that most everything else listed, ideally, should follow naturally from having respect and tolerance towards your fellow players. Example? Godmodding is clearly disrespect towards other players. Even exploiting is disrespecting others by, in effect, attempting to trivialize the work they go through to obtain things legitimatly. Of course, the rules are all important, but they SHOULD, assuming people are respectful and tolerant, come naturally.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Yawning lazily, the troll woman strolled into the inn, having to brush aside the elven curtain around the door, having been hung with the sindori, rather then her race in mind. Finding a seat on a well cushioned stool on the bar, she ignored the glances from some of the natives, putting her elbows up on the surface in front of her and motioning to the bartender, ordering herself a glass of wine. She idly noted a rather loud cough from across the room, but didn't turn to look, mearly sipping her drink as it arrived, seeming to stare out into space.
A few moments later, a similar cough came again, sounding closer this time, then closer still as the third came, almost as though it was right behind her. Letting out a drawn out sigh, she spun on her stool turning to face the long haired elven man behind her "Can I help ya?" He frowns at her, seeming to take a moment before he speaks "Yes, perhaps you can... I am the propritor of this inn, and I don't know who you think you are, but if you think you can just waltz in he-"
Cutting him off in mid-work, the troll stands slowly, her eyes narrowing as she glares at the man "Oh, so thats how it be, huh? Your in be too good for da lesser races of the Horde, that be it?" The man looked suprised for a moment, before laughing derisivly, waving a hand "Oh, come now, don't be absurd, I'm in this business to make money, and your coin is just as good as anyone elses... No," He states, pointing to the trail of muddy footprints leading from the door to her stool "I mearly would appreciate it if my patrons could bother to wipe their feet before they enter."
The troll blushes slightly, hearing a few chuckles from her fello patrons, nodding her head slightly "Ah, yeah... I guess I be a bit tired today, I can see how that be something you would prefer." She puts a few extra coins on the bar, enough for her drink and a generous tip, sighing slightly "I trust this be enough to make up for the inconvenience?"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
First of all, I am a male player, I tend to play characters of both genders, the one whom I've already set up a profile to apply with is female. If this offends anyone, I do apoligize, but I'd rather be honest about it then feel like I'm deciving people.
Welcome to the server!