Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction of Eragnus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I'm a college student who has been into roleplaying for a while. Done alot of Dungeons and Dragons as well as roleplaying in various MMORPG's. It's a hobby of mine to write and create stories, and roleplaying turned out to be a good outlet for that.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
USA, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft 3. After that I hopped into World of Warcraft and not soon after began roleplaying. I've read most of WoWwiki at this point and felt like writing my own stories.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Organization. It wasn't advertised, it wasn't something that was slapped together. This honestly looks like an excellent set up and after reading through your wiki I was very impressed. That, and I typed "Best Horde RP server" into google and it came up. :P

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Ooh, tough question. Really depends on my mood, and what character I'm playing. I enjoy tavern RP, but I think adventuring has to be my current favorite. There is only so much you can do with a tavern, but once you get a group out into the field, whether it be as mercenaries, soldiers, or travelling merchants, then anything can happen.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Orc Paladin. Well, to be honest it's a tie between Orc Warrior and Human Paladin, orc being my favorite race lore wise and paladin being my favorite class game mechanics wise. I don't expect you to combine the two, but in my little perfect world, it would be orc paladin.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are to have a good time and create a good storytelling experience with others. I simply enjoy the experience of roleplay.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
All of them! No, to be honest I think the one that appeals to me most is this application process. Other private servers I've been to have let all sorts of people in to do whatever they want, and it tends to deteriorate. I like this because it shows the people running it really care about the experience, and don't just want to mess around with the game programming.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Dressed in the stately armor of a Paladin, light gleaming off of the polished Lightforge metals, Aldrec Deimos stood outside of the Cathedral of Light and stared up at the high stone peaks of the architecture. His eyes slowly closed shut, his posture rigid and his hands clasps behind him. In his mind, the sounds of battle and the screams of soldiers replaced that of the trickling fountain next to him.

"Sir, we can't hold them out for much longer!"

Aldrec opened his eyes, seeing the torn remains of the inn and wounded soldiers scattered about. The voice had come near the door, where every man who could stand was helping barricade the entrance with the furniture that once decorated the room. His lieutenant looked at him with a face that showed desperation. Aldrec knew he had a young wife, and could not be thinking of anything other than his children.

The Paladin's brow furrowed, and he took a look around the room as he heard the unearthly screams of ghouls and the guttural laughter of abominations outside. Six wounded, only eight of them could fight. Several could not even stand. They were all injured in some way, all losing their energy from this prolonged battle, and all looking at him with eyes that showed fear. Hope was dying in their eyes.

After taking another long look at the makeshift barricade, he nodded to his lieutenant, who instantly knew what fate held for them that night.

"Lads, it's been an honor serving with you all. May the Light guide your spirits home."

The door could hold no more. As Aldrec turned to face the mass of undead swarming through the breach, a cry escaped from his lips.

"FOR THE LIGHT!"

A cry, sounded so loud in his mind, escaped as only a whisper from the man standing otuside of the Cathedral. He finally opened his eyes, the cold blue light which betrayed his true identity shining out from underneath. He looked up at the Cathedral again, smiling. They would not be happy to see him now.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing at all. I hope you find me a good addition to your community.
Welcome to the server!
At this moment I would love to bestow a shiny VOUCH upon Eragnus!

I started rping with Eragnus as my gnome, who eventually came to know his character Corsin as her best friend. Corsin is, to be blunt, a hilariously mouthy merc. Everytime I happen to rp with him, no matter what character I am on, the witty IC banter that occurs is fantastic. Not only can he play this type of character, however! Eragnus has shown himself to be capable of mastering diverse personalities. I have also rped with him when he was a thoughtful and slightly mistrusting Druid in the forests of Ashenvale!

I have experienced some roll-fighting with him as well. My dwarf was busy watching two other tavern patrons get ready to fight when Corsin went to punch her in the face and started an entirely new brawl! He knew how the fighting system worked and made the experience rather entertaining with his descriptions and good sportsmanship. On top of this, he even rped out the process of getting his punishment from the guards after doing research on the forums to determine what consequences would be appropriate. He has also shown himself to be more than fine with grammar and the English Language! In addition to all of this, he never once asked or begged for a Vouch! Pretty awesome.

He has proven himself to be a very good friend, and is always entertaining as hell! I know he will continue to add some color to the CoTH community. I wouldn't Vouch for someone so soon after getting Gruntship if I didn't sincerely believe this. Keep up the good work, Eragnus!