Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Angar's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello everyone! I go by several alias online, but I chose Angar for WoW for it's more action packed nature (my other alias Lillian isn't very intimidating). I was first introduced to World of Warcraft via their 10 day free trial. Sadly, I am a poor grad student and I just can't muster the thought of paying for the actual game, and then paying the additional fee every month. A friend told me about free servers so here I am! I must say that my journey through such "free servers" has been quite the experience. While I appreciate the hard work others have done to create such environments, I disliked how all the characters were either fully leveled up or just wanted to do Player Versus Player all the time.

The main factor that drew me to WoW in the first place was the Role Playing aspect of it. I'm not one to fight others, unless a quest tells me I must. I am a stickler for rules, and I definitely abhor bullying (which I had experienced on another server since I was considered "fresh meat"). Looking back on my previous gameplay while on the official WoW servers, I would consider myself a bit of a loner (considering it was a trial account and I couldn't join any guilds). However, I would always aid those in the midst of a battle if they were in trouble by either casting a spell or physically teaming up and fighting the foe.

I am a genuinely friendly person, and I would like to think myself a proper lady. I cannot stand other "female characters" parading in their underwear and dancing as if it were sexy. It's not.

Other than that, I would love this opportunity to join this community. Your description of the server, as well as your rules and morals seem to have a perfect fit for what I was looking for in a RP server. I look forward in meeting all of you.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I have traveled all around the world, but I call the United States my home. Thus, my primary language is English. I am also familiar with Tagalog, Spanish, and Latin (it's the inner geek in me).

How did you get into Warcraft?:

As I mentioned above, I blame this recent addiction on the 10 day free trial World of Warcraft was offering. It has changed my life since (for better or for worse!).

What made you seek our server over others?:
Again, I believe this server to be what I am looking for in terms of game play. I appreciate the fact that this community also screens their players before allowing them onto the server. This shows quality and dedication that I seek for in a server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
This is slightly embarrassing, but I enjoyed fishing. I know, I don't get it either seeing as I hated fishing when I was a little girl. I also love going on quests since I get to explore the map some more and discover new things.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Night Elves/Druids. I blame the Elves part on being a huge Lord of the Rings fan (Arwen being my favorite, Legolas being my eyecandy). As for Druids, I always had an interest in magic and wicca in general. I'm not one for brute strength, but rather spells that can be cast from afar.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope it is similar to the World of Warcraft servers in terms that I can do my own thing for quests, but still have the opportunity to join up with another person and venture the virtual world.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Seeing as I have a B.A. in English, I would have to say I appreciate having others spell out the words and use correct grammar. It kills me when someone misspells a word. I admit though, I am prone to smiley faces, but I'm good at following the rules. Also, I like the fact characters cannot act God-like. It's annoying to see characters maxed out because of a hack.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I write fanfiction found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~lillianisfickle. Here's an excerpt from one of them.

The dismal night sky paled in comparison to the luminescent moon that loomed over the congregated group below. They stood in the formation of a loose circle; the tall trees around them obscuring their location from prying eyes as they encircled a lying figure dressed in white.

It was a young girl, bordering the brink of womanhood. Her curly auburn locks intermingled with the fallen leaves on the moistened ground, dampening her backside. She was clothed in a simple cotton shift and wore not a single layer of makeup on her lightly freckled face, which remained a ghastly white, blending in with the bleached white of her thin dress.

Her chest remained unnaturally still, not invoking a single blessed breath, and her eyes did not move as normal eyes do when in a dreamlike state under its eyelids. Her lips, swollen as if by a passionate lover, were a deathly blue hue. Her thin fingers, which rested gently over her dormant heart, had a tinge of blue to them as well.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope to hear about my decision soon. Out of curiosity, any other 21-23 year olds out there? I feel silly that I've got hooked onto another computer game when I should be preparing for law school... but what can I say? Warcraft is addicting! And hopefully this community can be my drug to sate my hunger for WoW.

~Angar
There are older folks around here, in comparison to the normal WoW player's age, and for the most part a number of the younger players act maturely. About quests and ingame mechanics... Well, they don't matter. Levels and gear deal in no way with RP (Except Platemail vs. Cloth in stopping a blade, etc.) and quests are usually OOC. Most of what goes on are IC things done by player characters in the world to advance some or another cause, or just do their own thing.

Welcome to the server!