Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction for: Thialane
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hello, to all of you forum-browsers! I'm known by many names and variations of names, but I'll introduce myself as Thialane. First of all, I am a roleplayer. Not so much of a gamer, I'm more of an artist and an author. I'd like to consider myself rather friendly and polite, if not a mature problem solver when need be. As far as my roleplaying experience goes, I've been roleplaying on retail World of Warcraft for about two years or so, though since before that I've been writing and typing out stories of various genres. On the subject of roleplaying, most of my characters have been rather simple and nothing close to any of the mary sues one might see running around on the servers. I prefer to start off with a set personality, history, reasoning, etcetera behind my characters and allow them to grow and develop as I roleplay with the rest of the gaming world (at least the people I roleplay with on the server), and go through the various quests and whatnot throughout all of Azeroth and beyond.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born and raised in the United States, and my first and primary language is English. I don't speak any other languages, aside from the occasional phrase I've picked up from spending time around other people who do.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Originally, I got into World of Warcraft just after the Burning Crusade came out, because I was told I absolutely 'had to' by a friend. I've been playing ever since, and admittedly fallen in love with roleplaying. If it wasn't reccomended to me, I probably wouldn't have even known it existed until the time leading up to the Wrath of the Lich King. (Too much of a bookworm to see the adds on the television)

What made you seek our server over others?:

I'd been to various other private servers with roleplaying friends with mine in the past, but found that none of them had the roleplaying content I desired. So I let it be for quite a while until a friend of mine came to me telling me about the wonderful roleplayers here, lack of griefers, and that you all filter the players you let in. Thank goodness for no more, 'lulz wut rp.'

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Personally, I enjoy any sort of roleplay that's thrown my way. Whether it be riding around all of azeroth in pursuit of the scourge trying to invade the lands, working as a barmaid in one of the various player-run taverns, or taking friends to strange, far away places to show them what my character has found. As I've said before, I enjoy any sort of roleplay that's thrown my way; the only sorts I don't really enjoy in the least are when I'm forced to sit around and try to decipher what seems to be an ill-educated child's ramblings while their character forcefully ties mine up, stabs them in the neck, and watches them die -- all without leaving any room for legitimate response. Though I don't really know who would enjoy that, in the first place.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

With no race I particularly favor over any other, I've roleplayed every race available to me. As far as classes go, however, I can honestly say the Priest is my favorite (though I lean toward the female characters, in which case it would be 'Priestess') both to roleplay and to play game-wise. For roleplaying, I enjoy playing one of the not-so-all-powerful healers, and since I've had my fair share of raiding experience, I've found that I enjoy healing there, as well.

What are your expectations of this server?:

All that I really expect from the server is decent roleplay, without the constant griefing and being made fun of for roleplaying in the first place. Simple, I know, but retail World of Warcraft's roleplaying servers just don't get that. Granted, I've heard more than my fair share of how great the roleplay on Conquest of the Horde is, and I can't wait to find out for myself.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

For this question, I'd have to say that the rules against griefing and disrespecting other players appeal to me the most. It isn't particularly pleasant to have some random level three with the name of 'Bigteninches' following you around and leet speaking your brains out. Nor is it very pleasant to have another roleplayer cursing you out for something your character ICly did or said; considering it's IC, and that should be completely separated from our OOC world and feelings.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The crisp smell of medicinal supplies and herbal poultices welcomed Adelynna as she returned to the Argent medic's tent she'd been holding out in for the past few months. It'd been very stressful, she'd admit, listening to the painful screams and groans of the injured and the mortally wounded soldiers that came her way from the battlefield just down the hill. She wasn't the only medic assigned to the tent, of course, since the job was far too large for one healer alone. There was also her good friend, Marcia the Dwarf; not that it was strange that a High Elf was such good friends with a Dwarf. Marcia was actually quite nice, she'd found, after weeks of loathing due to her near-indecipherable accent.

The two women, along with the occasional passing party of healers sent out to aid, had spent many nights side by side with the various other tent-fulls of healers, tending to the sick and the wounded that managed to reach them from the battlefield below. It was a miracle that all of the healers had, so far, been able to avoid catching the plague from victims that were sent their way, considering they were stationed in the Plaguelands themself.

As a matter of fact, wrong as it may be, Adelynna found it exciting that each day they stayed where they were, the group of healers were faced by the surrounding Scourge forces and the numerous possibilities for dreadful fates. The general consensus, however, was that once the Scourge for the area were under control, they would all have their replacement healers sent up to take watch in their place and go back to their places around the rest of Azeroth, healing the wounded soldiers that were fighting the Scourge off from their own homelands.

"Yah know," the pudgy Dwarven healer started with a smirk, "Ade, tha' Paladin boy yah rescued thah other day's been givin' yah some'o those pretteh longin' looks, eh? Think he's'a taken a likin' tah ye!" Playfully, Marcia waggled her brows.

From her spot sitting atop a box of herbs, Adelynna choked on her tea. "You know I'm engaged, Marcia!" She scowled indignantly and dipped her fingers into her tea to flick the drink at the Dwarf. "Don't you start talking about what's going to happen if he falls in battle, either! It's not funny!"

"Alright, alright, fine," Marica waved the elf off dismissively, rolling her eyes. "Don' get your little elven panties in a bunch, t'was jus'a joke!" With a snort and a hearty laugh, the Dwarf returned to her work preparing bandages with healing and disinfecting salves.

"Oh, Marcia!" Adelynna coughed, swallowing down the bite of a biscuit she'd just taken and bounding toward the side of the tent Marcia occupied. "Word came in this morning just before you woke up about that salve! They said that the Scourge got to that shipment, we can't line the bandages with that! We'll have to make more ourselves until the next shipment arrives."

"Eh, Ade, yah got some mail yesterday ah forgot tah give tah ye." Since Adelynna was on her side of the tent anyway, Marcia figured it'd be a good time to bring that up. She held the note out for the other priestess and glanced off to the side. "Hate tah be the bearer of bad news, dear. It's from thah Dawn..."

With furrowed brows, Adelynna took the letter. Slowly as she read, her eyes widened and Marcia grinned. "Is this serious, Marcia?!" She squealed and threw herself at the Dwarf in an excited hug.

"Aye! It's serious! Congratulations on the promotion, deary!"

Adelynna was finally moving up among the ranks in the Dawn. She was finally going to be able to travel all of Azeroth with her beloved while they fought back the Scourge!

~Finish~
Welcome to the server! While I enjoyed the well-written story, you won't be able to play a High Elf on the server. Of course, I'm sure you'll have ideas for many other kinds of character.
V
O
U
C
H
!

Thialane is a super-awesome RPer, and I've been playing with her on retail for quite a long time on many different creative characters. She's also a great person out of character is definitely a Grunt-worthy person. So yeah. Vouched. Congratulations!