Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introducing Avalanche
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well I'm going to cut straight to the chase, I've been roleplaying for near enough three consecutive years, I've thoroughly enjoyed the concept, the idea and the brain-tickling thought of being out in a different world other to my own.

I live in England and I'm part of the 'Theatre Royal' in a city called 'Bath', I'm also enrolling in 'The City of Bath College' for performing arts, obviously an indication of that it's not just Roleplay I enjoy, but Drama, Acting, Music and so much more, in fact I could make a list!

I've been around the block a few times when it comes to community, I like to think I can become a building block in what is, Conquest of the Horde and dearly hope I can get enthralled into a permanent role within the server itself.

I've been taking part in a wide range of private servers, though most of them have been roleplaying orientated, to name a few, Azshara, Rebel WoW, Esterus and Genesis, though I've been little more than a lurker on them, as the RP was less than to the standard I would expect on a server dedicated to the soul purpose of a roleplaying immersion

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from England - More specifically, Bristol. And my Primary language is English (Hence the 'our' in words rather than the 'or'), and I know a small bit of Latin and French (Again, relating to my interest in Performing arts)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Table-top board games was when the whole roleplaying interest sparked in me, I used to play a fair amount of these games with friends, family and when I was really bored, by myself (Sad, isn't it?), It was from that point, and a huge gap in time before I discovered World of Warcraft, and of course, by random internet browsing.

I picked a 'Roleplaying' Realm on the realm-suggest system and it pointed me to a server, which was indeed a roleplaying one. When I logged on it seemed most of the people playing weren't roleplaying atall, I didn't know much about "WoW Roleplay" But I'm sure correct "WoW Roleplay" Dosen't consist of "hey u want 2 duel lol/?"

Much to my dismay, I was on the verge of slinging the game into the bin, as the other aspects of the 'RPG' (PvP, PvE etc) seemed tedious, boring and repetitive.

Just when I was about to log-out, I saw what seemed like Roleplaying, I remember the guild's name was 'Horizon' or something to that effect, and there were three paladins, not with a clown-suit of collected armour that they'd retrieved from Westfall, Elwynn and what have you, but a one in a full set of Marshal's gear, one in Full Judgement, and the other was in a poor-looking Canvas set.

I quickly tried to engage with them, and they willingly accepted my advance. Before I knew it, I was surfing Roleplaying Guilds, taverns, pretty much anything I could get my hands on.

It got to the point where the guild crumbled after three or four core roleplayers decided to grab their coat and leave, and with them, so did most of the guild.

It'd be a lie to say I missed every member of the guild, though one of them talked to me about a 'Private Server' with roleplaying quality twice the standard of what I'd find on any retail roleplaying server, and so I gave it a try, whipping out my happy-go-lucky google search bar, I looked into Private Servers, roleplaying ones in fact, until I found Azshara WoW - What happened from there, til now isn't relevant however, but that's how I found out about WoW, and how I got into roleplaying.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The fact that quality is more central to your aims rather than quantity, which is more than I can say from some said servers, the application system filters out any of those not roleplaying-savvy enough to enter, and those who would make a stout building brick in the community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy any range of Roleplaying, should it be tavern, travel, combat, construction or what have you.
Though should I pick one, it would have to be the effect of where a group of people would travel in order to colonize and settle.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Night Elf Druid, Why? Because Night Elves arn't the tree-hugging panzies or eRP fodder people think them to be, they are possibly one of the most dangerous, renegade civilizations to of existed in WoW, if you want to see an example, just look how Tyrande struck down a son of Cenarius in order to free Illidan, and how Maiev would forsake anyone, and anything in order to re-capture him.

The Night elves are Stoic, territorial people, and to see anyone else other than those enthralled in deep ties with the Night Elves staying in Teldrassil would be a very rare sight indeed.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are a firm roleplaying community, Grade-A roleplaying experience from every member of the server and a potent, helpful and organized staff team.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The section where it highlights not to be related to a Lore character, claim to be a high-ranking officer, or anything that you just have to implement into your character that would make it a 'Mary-sue' as we all know this is going to breed Drama, confrontation, contradiction and a whole list of problems.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
*THWACK* "Gerrup yer lil' shite, yer gotta go an' get tha waw'err for mar."
That was Mary, she's our lodger, late teens, though she always had some sort of ... 'bond' for the rest of the family. Even my own mother looks upon her more as her child than she does me.
"Alright I'm gerrin' up now yer snotty' bulldog, I'll be dowe' in five bleedin' minutes so piss orf, and don' let the door 'it yer arse on the way out!." I throw an empty cup towards her as she walks out the room, the cup smashes into six or seven pieces of jagged clay on impact against the door, just missing her. I kick the sheets off me and sit on the edge of my bed, rubbing my eyes and ruffling my hair, taking a moment to re-adjust to my surroundings. "Jonathon yer gerrin' the waw'err or wut yer lazy git?!" That was mum, she's an angel compared to Mary.

I slip on some loosely threaded trousers, we couldn't really afford all the good quality clothes that the Hatchets that live across the road could, I left my chest bare, it was a hot part of the country that we lived in anyway, I open my door, though it always dug into the coarse floorboards and was a bastard to open, there was a knack to it that only mar knows. It was that type of mornin' where I couldn't be bothered to piss about, so I grabbed the hinges off the door and tore them off, then pushing my door into the next room, Mary's Room, being in a sorry state the house was anyway, it took minimal effort.

I dragged my arse down the stairs, though not literally, I saw Mary turn on her heels to face me, she gave me a shitty look then opened her mouth as if to say something, then apparently thought the better of it, I admit, I grinned in self-proclaimed victory, if there's one thing that Mary knew, it was not to piss around with me, on this type of morning...

*Mar marches down the hallway where the staircase connects the downstairs and the upstairs then holds out a that old shitty bucket that always leaked* So much for a 'Good Morning son, I trust you enjoyed your slumber' I snatched the bucket and pushed through a rotten failure of carpentry that was our front door.

I held my hand in a crude salute though to not sentiment value, but to keep the sun from shining in my eyes still half-shut and with all that mucky crust you get when you wake up, without a word I walked through the grass, which donated a tickle and brush against my feet, I looked across at the Thatcher's two children, they must of been about, nine, ten? Their father came outside and herded them back into the house and gave me a Ugh-you-poor-bastard look... It was just one of those mornings...

"The f**k yer lookin' at yer snobby bastard?" Mr. Thatcher said nothing and quickly went in-doors and peered at me from behind his curtains. That grin came back, the one of victory, after about a three minute walk, I reached Simon's Well, no one really knew why it was "Simon's" but no one could be arsed to contest it. I lower a bucket into the depths and pull out a suprisingly good amount of water before tipping it into my less-than-gathering rusting container, I plug my finger into the largest of the rusted holes before trotting back to the house, coming back to that shitty door I was telling you about. "Mar I go' a shite load of waw'err 'ere yer gonna open up or am I guna 'av to kick it in... Again?!"

Have I mentioned it was one of those mornings? With a swift motion I slam my foot into the door, sending it off a hinge, now it was droopy and done little to secure privacy of the house.

Mary was sat at a table by herself, holding that filthy rag she always kept in her blouse-sleeve. I almost felt sorry for the poor girl, she looked pretty upset.
"Who shat in yer porridge sunshine?" I said to her, though as I said that, I found myself sincerely worried as she didn't throw something at me.

"It's m-mar... she's j-just left off with Terry... tha' cheap b-b-" I don't know why, and I don't know how I gained the courage to put my arms around this skank, but I did.

Terry? Oh let me tell you something about Terry. That geezer must be in his mid sixties, and let me tell you, he has alot of money, his coffers are bulging, at least something has to, right? Well he layed his tired sorry-assed eyes on Mar, and Mar layed her greedy eyes on his gold.

I knew it'd happen, I'd admit - Atleast I think I did, I didn't actually think that Mar would stuff the old bastard's hog for all the gold in the world, well I was wrong. Horrible feeling is that.

"W-wut we gonna bleedin' do withou' mar Jonathon?! she pay' all th' bleedin' bills, now what we gonna fu-" Again I cut her off by pushing her head against my chest, this time it was to stop her words from stirring that already conjuring whirlpool of negativity in my head, what we were going to do now, was beyond me...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing additional.
Welcome to the server!