Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introducing Ignaddio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a person, I'm in the military, meaning long periods of no internet access for gaming purposes. I played a lot of MMO's for a while, but recently pared it down to just two: WoW and City of Heroes. I play a lot of console titles as well, and am presently enjoying both sides of inFamous.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm born and raised in the states, my primary language, and the only one I'm fluent in, is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother had an extra play disk of Starcraft's Expansion set, and I played that until Warcraft III came out, whereupon I got my own copy. I've been hooked ever since.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Honestly, this is the first independent WoW server I've ever encountered. It was mentioned by a user in a forum I frequent.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer one on one, or small groups, but the venue and plot are welcome to be varied and frequent.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm a big fan of the broken history of the Blood Elves. Kaelthas' chapter of the Warcraft III Frozen Throne Expansion was my favorite. From a gaming standpoint, I love Blaster classes, I.E. Mages and Warlocks, but lately I've been shifting over to classes that are less squishy, I.E. Warriors, Paladins, Death Knights.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to have a good time in a community centered around roleplaying.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The requirement for typing competency is a wonderful bit of snobbery that will save me a lot of headaches.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Out on the street, Leo's mind went to work. After much internal debate, Leo found an inn to spend the night. The place wasn't what one would say "five-star", nor "one-star", nor even clean. In the dim glow of a grey, most likely re-used candle, Leo unwrapped the package. This is where he found his dagger, along with a letter. The letter, written as the writer was in tears, or perhaps just sea-spray and a thrashing ship, reads as follows:

"Aunt Bella, I send this to you to ask a favor.

I would like you to look after my son. I have named him Leo-" and here, what might be the rest of a longer name and a last name is smeared in tears or sea spray.

"You will notice he doesn't have my or his father's surname. I do not want him to grow up taunted with his parents' names. Please tell him" here, the words are apparently struck through as well as smeared.

"Please tell him something. Or nothing. Just raise him well, and give the enclosed dagger to him when he is old enough to use it. It belonged to his father. I suppose I will let you decide the rest as it comes along.

"Your Neice," and again, a fold as well as tears or spray smears the signature, as well as the closing.

"P.S. Please love him as you know I do." Leo, here, was in tears, and he set the letter aside for fear of making the parchment no more than ink smears and dried wrinkles.

Admiring the dagger, Leo decided to buy for it a sheath, and decided to set out in the morning from here in Noit for the city of Sungan, of which he had be told fantastic tales of trade and art. For the first time since becoming an adult, Leo slept.

The first rays of sunshine woke this giant of a teenager rather subtly. Having slept on the floor, deeming the bed unfit for sleep, Leo had a stiff neck. He actually felt well, despite the conditions he awakened in. Looking about, Leo was at first startled. He had forgotten the events of the previous night. Now, looking at the dagger resting on the nightstand, it all came rushing back.

Leo shook his head. Can't let this get me down, he thought. Gathering up his meager belongings, Leo set out the door. He gave the overweight, gruff-looking manager a cheery smile, and set backward out the door.

This backward movement would later prove the most and least saving factor of Leo's life for-

"Oof!" protested an unfamiliar feminine voice as Leo backed up into her and set them both on a collision course for the unforgiving earth. "Watch where you're going, you ox!"

"Ox? I'm no ox." replied Leo as he stood up and rubbed his still sore neck. He offered the woman-no, teenaged girl, Leo ammended- a hand up. She refused.

"Right. If you were, you'd be down at the docks earning an honest living, not knocking innocent, pretty, intelligent, noble, famous, nice, well-liked, and most of all HUMBLE women over!" As the girl(? Woman? Leo hadn't a word in his thesaurus for the age between. ) raved on, Leo noticed she was atleast pretty. She was, as Leo had grown used to, a foot or more shorter than him. She had a healthy weight-not a waif nor a pear, mind you- and had characteristic long, braided, firey orange hair and indeed some equally characteristic orange freckles and bright green eyes. Her figure was indeed a rounded one, so Leo deemed she was atleast fifteen. The other qualities she deemed herself, due to her shabby-looking tunic and unlady-like rage, seemed unlikely to Leo. "So who are you anyway?"

"Me? I'm Leo." Here, the girl looked at him oddly, "Leo who? I'm Leo..." Come to think of it, Leo didn't even have a surname. The letter didn't help matters. In an almost-panic, Leo looked about for items to become his last name. Mug? No. Glass? No. Shop? Family? Saotome Family General Store! "Saotome! Er.. no relation to the owners of the shop behind you."

"Funny surname. Doesn't match the first. My name's Diss Arna Reidun Trine Freida Ragni Idona Unne Eldrid. But you can call me Arna. Remember it. I'll be famous some day, and I won't forget you." This was Leo's turn to look at her oddly, "I'll just pretend I never knew you. Oh! I'm late!" With that, Arna swiftly grabbed the things she had dropped, and set off in the direction of the docks.

Leo rubbed his neck, and shook his head, "Insane." Without a second thought, Leo picked up his bundle and walked across the street and into the general store.

Once inside, Leo looked about. The building seemed bigger from the inside than the outside, Leo marked. He thought that it must just be good organization.

"Welcome!" greeted a man Leo was sure must be the shop owner, or Mister Saotome.

"Ah.. hello!" Leo found the cheerful greeting a rather contagious one. "Would you happen to sell coverings for weaponry? I'm looking for one about as long as my forearm.."

"My, what a fine specimen you are!" the nimble, if not aged man exclaimed, leaping over the counter. "No no, this weapon will not do! You must have something.. er.. better! Yes, better. Perhaps I may interest you in something longer?" With that, the man lead him off into a back room.

Leo looked down at him, "Really, I just wanted a sheath.." The man looked back up as if Leo had grown a third arm.

"Really, you can't be serious! You need a weapon with a longer reach! When fighting a fully rested enemy at only a forearm's extension of arm's reach, the battle is already lost. You need a weapon for melee. Surely, with a frame like yours you realize a dagger is only a last line of defense and a weapon of deceit in the presense of friends?" At this, the man startled himself and looked suspiciously up at Leo, "Well. You don't seem to have blood on your hands. I suppose it's safe enough. Here, stand still." With that, the strange man took measurements of Leo's arm, shoulder breadth, neck, torso, and chest.

Leo had the feeling he was being tried on for one of the funny black and white jackets he had seen a consort of Rose's in one night when she went out for "a walk." The owner studied the measurements and went up and down his row of all sorts of armaments. Leo fidgeted, to the man's protest, "Stand still, stand still! There now, that wasn't torture, was it? Now, let me have a look and see what've got that fits you." At length, the man spoke up, "Here it is, here it is! I have just the weapon for you!" He grabbed and brandished a short sword, perhaps a might big for that man, who was even yet smaller than the girl--Arna, was it?-- he had met not twenty minutes before. Added to that, the man was a scrawny bit. And pale, too, which made his black hair and steely black eyes stand out all the more. "Best stuff in my stock! Err.. but not expensive, mind you! And comes with two sheathes of your choice, on the house!"

"But I didn't want.."

"There now, it doesn't matter what you did or didn't want if you're dead. I'm not letting you leave improperly armed." The man scowled darkly.

Leo was beginning to feel the man was indeed genuine, but he knew at the same time this prized weapon won't come cheap, "How much?"

"I knew you'd see it my way! Only a hundred and five gold grans!" the man took Leo by the arm and escourted him back out front, to the cash box and the rest of his goods.

"A hundred and five? Who do you think I am, some world-renowned treasure hunter? I haven't even thirty and five, much less three times that."

"Hmm hmm, tell you what. I'll start a line of credit with you. I sense a strong will within you. Your destiny is a great one. When you have the money, come back here." The man picked up a piece of paper and scrawled a number, "What's your name, last first, first second, with the initials of your middler ones following?"

Leo sighed. He couldn't very well say he was Leo Saotome here. "Ah.. Leo. Just Leo."

"Ah, Leo J. S. E. O. Queer name."

"No, sir, I haven't a last name, much less middler ones. I'm.. an orphan."

"Ah, no matter. I'll just call you Leo Broadshoulders. And, of course, your line of credit won't be interest free. I'd never make a profit giving loans to orphans without last names. Take the sword, and whatever else goods you might need, and be on your way before my better sense takes me."

Now with free reign of the store, Leo looked about. He found himself a pack with a strap to hang on his shoulder made of, he guessed, imported leather or the tanned hide of another beast. He set in it provisions that would last him atleast until he guessed the end of the mandatory sea-voyage to Sungan. Finding a map, Leo folded it up and slipped it into a breast pocket. He went to the man, and set the bag down, along with the equivalent of fifteen gold grans and the map.

"Dear Creator, you're going to run me into the ground on one day's bad business. By the way, I've got your name but you haven't got mine--"

"Saotome, right?" interrupted Leo.

"No, goodness, no. I just haven't had the heart to paint over it. They're a legacy, you know. The Saotome couple disappeared around a decade and a half ago. Baby went with 'em. Queer family they were, going away for months at a time and returning each time richer than before. I hear rumors of the Magi hunting them. But for all I know, that's all they are. Goodness, I have usurped your time! And before I'm interupted again, my name is Tomeo Kenjiro Toshiro. But you may call me Hiroshi, because that's how I'm feeling today. Here, take these as well." Hiroshi set out two sheathes, each of appropriate length for his two new weapons.

Leo nodded, and slid them both on his belt, sword on the right hip, dagger on the left. He filled either with the appropraite weapon, bowed graciously to man Hiroshi, and set out the door, map in pocket, dagger secured, shoulder weighted, and pouch lightened.

Turning about in the fog, Leo looked best he could for the docks. "Hmm. West, I suppose." Leo said aloud, to no one in particular. He found the sun, determined it was still not yet noon time, by the lack of hunger, and set off in the direction he determined was West.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope.
Is that a story about the kind of character you intend to play here?
No, actually. But the template asked for a writing sample, and so I provided it. That character was a part of a creative world that no longer exists, I was just looking for a reason to bring him up.
Welcome to the server!