Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Intro: WhiteSkinnedOrc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name is Eric, though online I'm commonly known as Raptor. I've been using a computer practically since I started walking, and I started RPing not long after that. I've always enjoyed characterization and cooperative storytelling.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Born and raised in the USA. English is really the only language I know fluently, although I know smatterings of some others.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
The usual way, word of mouth. I originally joined WoW to RP with a friend who had migrated over from a more obscure MMO called Ragnarok Online. But this friend had a tendency to be rather nomadic, so it was kinda short-lived. I tried joining an RP guild afterward, but it wasn't active enough for my liking, and I didn't feel like the WoW experience was enjoyable enough to be worth paying for.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The RP, of course.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
A common theme I enjoy is inner conflict. Some Hordies don't like Thrall. Some Alliance members don't like Varian. So... I guess "political intrigue" would be a good simple answer for this.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Whatever makes a good character. My characters include an incredibly orc-like human (hence my username), a female dwarf paladin with ties to the Dark Iron clan, a Tauren druid who is a merciless force of nature... etc.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Hmm... I don't have any, really. I don't mean that in a bad way - I just don't know what to expect, so I'll just wait and see what I think.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The various caveats against godmoding and spotlight-stealing.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
What version of WoW do you guys run?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Stratholme. Even years later, the fires still burned. Not just metaphorically - there were actually parts of the ruined city which were still in flames. It was a cruel irony, and it was not lost even upon the illiterate Kharivas. He growled in disapproval, looking through the steel-barred gate at the city's undead inhabitants. Once they had been simple men and women, just humans trying to make their way in life - and that had been robbed from them, just because they had been in the wrong place at the wrong time...

As the gate rose, the man let his rage embrace him. The zombies clawed at him, but he felt no pain. His thoughts were focused wholly on his axes, and on their precise motions as they cleaved through the air, maiming and slaying his enemies.

This was the joy of combat. It offered a sort of simplicity - in this situation, you always know who you enemies are. Sometimes, it's not so simple. Allies - and enemies - can come from unexpected places. But there were no allies to be found here, and Kharivas was content with that. Though he sought no allies now, he would need them in the future... but that was then, and this was now.

The now. The present. "That's all that matters," he murmured to himself. "Just keep living. Day by day... because many others can't."

And then, his thoughts were interrupted by another zombie. How irreverent.
You probably won't be able to play a Berserker (Your Human, that is.) on the server, but welcome!
Thanks for the welcome.

Kaghuros Wrote:You probably won't be able to play a Berserker (Your Human, that is.) on the server, but welcome!
Hmm, not to argue or anything, but why not?