Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: New Policy- Resurrection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Character Resurrection Post

There is no limit on how often a character can be ressurected. But if the character's life is tossed away (the character kills themself, has another murder them, etc.) then their is no resurrection. However, if the character is to be resurrected an IC post MUST be made.

Why? We've had some ridiculous deaths and resurrections in the past.

If we feel the resurrection is... bad, for lack of a better term, we reserve the right to deny it pending a better post.

To show that something is a resurrection post, place a (RC) in the title.

I.E. The Return of Gandalf (RC)

Drawbacks

A character must be dead for one week before it can be rezzed. During this week you must think of what drawbacks come from your death. The drawbacks should be listed at the end of the post. If no drawbacks are posted in the RC thread it will automatically be denied.

Ressurrector & Killer

Another addition to the Rezz post must be the addition of who the character was killed by, and who resurrected them.
Hopefully this will solve the drama with people rezing 5 minutes after they were killed.
So... If a Forsaken gets killed, he can't come back not even to his "deader" form? :?
Forsaken as in given up/cast aside, not as in the race.
There is a new chunk of this policy. Drawbacks from dying.

Quote:A character must be dead for one week before it can be rezzed. During this week you must think of what drawbacks come from your death. The drawbacks should be listed at the end of the post. If no drawbacks are posted in the RC thread it will automatically be denied.

This was supposed to stop people from immediately rezzing with little consequence. But it didn't seem to work.

Well it will now.
I'm a little confused... when you talk about characters "dying" you mean "plot deaths" or "RP deaths," right? I.e. when the character dies for a plot reason such as a fateful duel or a suicide -- NOT a game mechanic where your level 5 paladin gets whacked by too many level 7 Defias Bandits while he's out looking for copper to mine.... right?

Thanks in advance. :)
Oh, in character deaths. Having to make a large post for every time you die OOCly would be silly :)
I think if it was some outside interference that caused a person to do suicide then it is not a true suicide. It's like death by mind control and such. Suicide is about intent, right?
The soul must have a genuine desire (or at least indifference) to return to its restored bodily shell.

Otherwise resurrection will automatically fail.

Certainly, there exist dark magics capable of forcibly bringing one back.

Such resuscitations, however, do not end well. I wouldn't suggest them.

...And I remain unsure if they're allowed altogether.
I have a forsaken character who was rekilled, but could I say he faked his death and catagorize it under a rez?
Laucian Wrote:/necro

I wonder...

If a character lost his will to live through a curse or magical means and got someone to kill him, does that qualifies for ressurection?

Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure getting another character to kill yours counts as wasting a character's life. This includes planning with another player to kill your character, even though your character is not suicidal.
I think it's in our policy that if a character is killed voluntarily, then he/she's not a candidate to be rezzed.
What about if it's killed voluntarily OOC, not IC?
Sorry for necro.
Then you can be resurrected. In almost all cases, a character death requires OOC acceptance on the part of the player before it can happen.

What it boils down to is whether the person wants to be resurrected or not. That's why it can't happen if they killed themselves voluntarily.
I see many posts about who can be resurrected, but I feel someone should ask this, What makes someone strong enough magically to revive one to their undead form, so to speak.