Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A patch guide for Vista users.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello my name's Marcus and I'm posting this to help future Vista users in how to patch easy.

I tried to download patches and such after a downgrade but none seemed to work, offcourse this was just a minor fault of my own and had nothing to do with the patches nor the launcher which told me I was out of date when I was sure I followed the step by step guide given how to downgrade. However this was easily fixed as such:

NOTE: You have to have the original realmlist to make the patching work with the launcher!

After the downgrade go to your Launcher.exe file and right click and choose "Properties", after this step go to the Compatability section and check the "Run as administrator" option. Then just run the launcher and it will start to download your patches, and once your up to date you just cancel the patch and start playing.

As said this is for those who, like me, isn't that used to Vista yet and didn't know that this option acctualy fixes the patching problem.
Happy roleplaying.

Best regards, Marcus.

PS: I hope this is the place to put this, otherwise move it.