Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Tammuril's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I am Rachel, and for the purposes of internet anonymity I will refrain from giving a last name, but I am a 41 year old mother of two, who has been role playing in one manner or another since I was thirteen years old. I primarily table top rp, or did until my sons introduced me to The World of Warcraft. I have played the game pve side on commercial and private servers, and have been rp'ing as well now on rp servers for the last year and a half.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am born and raised in the United States.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
As I think I explained earlier, my sons got me into playing the game pve, just before the official opening of AQ.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I am tired of commercial rp servers, where rp is dying or limited greatly by the nature of the people that rp there. I enjoy the very act of writing, and rp for me is a fantastic way to approach that, to work on character growth and interaction.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like interesting rp that deals with mature themes, and that requires considerable thought and work to maintain. I like a bit of personal conflict for my characters, however, primarily I like that conflict to be internal. I like them to have challenges in their personal and professional lives that make them strive to improve over odds, sometimes great and some times small. I like the idea of redemption, as a goal for characters and I also like to explore characters that seem to struggle with their nature - particularly well meaning characters with flaws.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
In terms of rp, class to me means very little. And by that I mean, I have a person who is a rogue, I don't necessarily force them into the "dark, nasty, clandestine" mold of a rogue. Maybe they are a good person who does what they do just to pay the bills or they do it because they are working for some greater good. I like characters that challenge stereo types. I currently rp, a Blood Elf Holy/Shadow Priest (Dual Spec), A Blood Elf Rogue and a Blood Elf Hunter. Each of them are very different people with very very different motivations and manners of reaching their goals. My priest is a well intentioned person who in truth is not a net positive reactor on her world or the people she knows. She is highly respected but feels far less deserving due to her relationships, and how she's conducted herself in the past. My rogue on the other hand is a former Scyer Agent, who believes that the work she does is for the benefit of her brothers and sisters the Sin'dorei. My huntress takes her job as a Farstrider of Quel'Thalas seriously, but that is all she does. She likes to drink, fight, flirt and cause trouble in her wake.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a server where I am allowed within the bounds of game mechanics and lore to pursue my rp in the way I want to. Not to be judged oocly for my character's actions and to express my characters in as a "realistic" manner as possible.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
That the separation of OOC/IC remain solid in players. That respect and tolerance of others is enforced. Those two things make me curious to rp here, to see if I fit the server and if the server fits me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

How to change your life for 50g or less.

Tamuríl shook the gold in the small leather pouch at her hip with her delicate finger, fifty gold; more than she had seen in one place in her whole life and next to her fifty silver it looked like a fortune. It had been too easy that, far too easy. The old orc had never noticed her slippery fingers, too busy looking into her bright blue eyes, enjoying the warm press of her body against his, her “adoring” and deferential tone. The knots holding his money pouch had come undone, like the belt of a sailor just come to shore for leave. While leaning against him in conspiratorial laughter, the removal of the coins and their replacement with small street pebbles had been effortless. “I haven't lost my touch,” she chuckles to herself.

It had been a long time since she had “lifted” a coin bag from some lonely drunken wretch, but tonight she felt restless – uncertain. So much had changed in the last 24 hours. Yesterday she was simply elven refuse on the streets of Silvermoon, un-wanted, outcast, but now she was a part of something bigger, so much bigger. Her big opportunity had come and she wasn't going to mess it up. She walks unobtrusively out the door of the inn leaving the rank stench of the drunken orc behind. His now comatose face resting blissfully on the bar, mug of ale still tightly gripped in his hand. Breathing deeply the artificially sweet smell of Silvermoon at night, she steps out into the brightly lit walk of elders and meanders towards murder row, replaying the night's events.

She had been sitting in the inn, smoking and drinking alone, enjoying a rather comical lovers spat across the bar, when a troll shaman, with a strange look and even odder accent approached her.

“Missy I've been givn' someat to speak at you of, canna you folla me outsides fa a momnt?” She eyed him warily but something, a gut instinct told her she was safe and that she should hear him out. She stubbed out her smoke on the bar, took a final swig of wine, sliding off the stool as she did so and followed him to the Bazaar. She stopped at the base of the entrance stairs. “Nae here, a futhr yu be comin'.”, as he motioned her to follow. Across the pavement to a small-darkened storefront, he took her. He opened the door silently, scanning the plaza as if to make sure no one saw him or her enter. He held the door open for her to follow, motioning her inside with an air of impatience.

Once inside he did not light the lamps but set a glowing totem between them that cast a fel green pall on the room. He squatted then, as trolls do when ready to “hold palaver,” his bones creaking as he moved. She took a seat herself on the soft floor rug, and looked at him expectantly.

“I pose yu be wantin to kno wha' I be sayin' ta ya? Is a simpl thin – I has an offer fo ya from his L'rdship Thalnadras. He is wantin, ya to kno hez bin' watchin' ya close like an he sees potent forces wi in ya. Hez quite taken' wi ya missi an wans to offa a position in hiss organizations...”

And so it began, she had chosen the path to power, chosen perhaps the only path she saw as viable considering her faith in the future of her race. Her new employer, a servant of the Lich King wanted her to serve beneath him, apparently in all the ways implied by that statement. In return, she would be rewarded with power greater than she had ever wielded and permission to continue her research on the offensive ability to rip a warlock's demon from its master, in fact her research was an added gem in her “resume.”

The later meeting with “His Lordship,” had been brief, but it was clear to both of them, that their future “relationship” would be very beneficial to both in several ways. Power, always attractive to her, made him irresistible, and he obviously looking for something pliable with a weakness that could be exploited to do his bidding; a better match could not have been made. She felt it with certainty when he had run his fingers through her hair and whispered “You are mine now, you understand?” with more of a statement than a question, the fel mark on her palm burning in response to his words.

After their meeting she made a mental list of all the things she would need, his Lordship had said he would be taking her to Scholomance for her transformation within the week, so spell components, traveling supplies, and proper attire for work and pleasure would be needed. That is where the orc's pocket change had come in. After the meeting she went back to the inn to find him still sitting in his usual seat, drinking himself into a stupor as was customary, and as the saying goes, “A fool and his gold are soon parted.”

She headed to her trainers first, picking up several Grimoire she had been putting off purchasing due to lack of funds, she also trained some new spells, picking up the training tomes for the next series of tests she would undergo. It felt good to have some cash in her pocket after this was done. She then set off to purchase the materials needed to craft herself a fine new wand, since she was certain she would need it on her long journey to Scholomance. Finally she came to the auction house, glad there was still enough jingle in her purse to re-outfit herself in the best gear possible and with leisure clothing befitting her new status, hopefully to keep his Lordship's attentions.

A fine quality robe of crimson, matching cloak, boots, and gloves. Red always looked good on her, and she would not want to disappoint his Lordship. The spell enhancements on the new gear gave her confidence and she knew they would help her make the dangerous journey and face the trials ahead. She also picked up some jewels meant to add to her powers, which also framed her delicate neck and enhanced the deft movements of her fingers as she cast her spells. One thing she had learned in her life on the street was image was everything, and with all this new responsibility and her “alliance” to his Lordship – it was doubly important to look the part.

Her final purchase an exceptional dagger, with at keen curving edge, wrought with silver, etched with ancient highborn script, and heavily enchanted. It was very expensive; it would take the remainder of the gold in her possession. She turned it over and over in her hands before buying it, wondering if she should wait, perhaps make a play to his Lordship for the cash to purchase it later, but decided against it. Appearing self sufficient and proud would be a much better tact, she decided for continuing to curry his favor. Clinging dependents tended to be left at home on the shelf where they belonged. If she wanted to be at his side, (for now) she would have to demonstrate resourcefulness and independence – to a point. Sliding the 40 gold into the hands of the auctioneer she sighed a little, but it was truly a small investment for potentially enormous rewards, besides “easy come, easy go” she thought with a chuckle.

Smiling to herself, she took her packages to the inn, changed and looked at herself in the mirror. Yes, she looked perfect, refined, and powerful. She brushed her raven locks until they shined in the light, pinched her cheeks for color, and walked down the stairs. She was curious if she looked as good as she thought. Several of the regular patrons how had previously paid little attention to her before, looked slyly at her out of the corners of their eyes, and one or two in bald faced admiration. Good she thought, let them look – all the better for me in the long run. Things had begun to look up, no more a scheming little orphan off the streets, the orc's money had assured that not only had her status changed due to her new patronage, but she looked the part; a worthy woman of rank and deserving of respect. She ordered a glass of wine, lit a smoke and smiled contentedly dreaming of the days to come.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Can't think of a thing.

Lastly, we would like to remind applicants NOT to send PM's to GM's asking to check introductions - as we will deny you outright. This also applies for those that bump their own introduction threads as well. It displays only rudeness and impatience, both are factors that we as a community are better off without. Thanks for your understanding.
Umm.. Sorry to get off-topic here, but isn't Tamuril the name of Cattie-Bree's magical bow in the Drizzt Do'Urden series?

And also, I read through the whole intro, very good work Rachel! I'll be looking forward to RPing with you after you get your Approval!
PiesOfGod Wrote:Umm.. Sorry to get off-topic here, but isn't Tamuril the name of Cattie-Bree's magical bow in the Drizzt Do'Urden series?

And also, I read through the whole intro, very good work Rachel! I'll be looking forward to RPing with you after you get your Approval!

You know, people have said that to me several times, and as much as I hate to admit it, I've not read those books. In fact, the name came from an Elven name generator when I first developed the concept of the character. It has since changed from it's original, changing servers etc. But, I have heard that and it may well, be but the similarity or what have you is purely coincidence.
Welcome to the server! You won't really be able to play the character in the story here, since we don't allow Scourge characters but I'm sure that isn't a problem. I've got to say, though, that breaking the "stereotype" of a race in WoW RP makes you cliche. You'll eventually find out that the only way to play a unique character well is to do your own take on the race as a whole instead of rejecting it (I.E. Play a Night Elf like an actual Night Elf, not just a purple Human with a cooler/cuter model.).
Thank you Kaghuros, I appreciate you speedy approval. :D

I would however, like to point out one specific as you did make mention of it in your response.

"In terms of rp, class to me means very little. And by that I mean, I have a person who is a rogue, I don't necessarily force them into the "dark, nasty, clandestine" mold of a rogue. Maybe they are a good person who does what they do just to pay the bills or they do it because they are working for some greater good. I like characters that challenge stereo types."

I play race as well as I possibly can, one of the few on my commercial server who plays a Blood Elf who is either patronizing or condescending to other members of the Horde, etc. I mean character classes, I don't like cliche class play. I try hard to find something in it to make them individuals as opposed to "standard" cut out's of character.

:D

Look forward to rping with you all.