Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Thorgrund Goldson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm 22, my nickname is Erk. I started playing RPG's ( The good ole pen and paper ones way back in the day ) with my friends from school, we had a little group and we would traverse every dungeon and every kingdom I could come up with. I was usually the GM because I was the most imaginative one of the bunch.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States of America. My primary language is English ( America )

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Ah warcraft, when orcs were green, trolls were spear throwers, and daemons were the bane of all living creatures. I played warcraft: orcs and humans with my father growing up and have been a fan since then. My favorite hero is Gul'Dan, mysteriously evil, and very powerful.

What made you seek our server over others?:
This server seemed to be the only legitimate RP server that I could manage to find. Plus, who else but Thorgrund to stop the conquest of the horde?

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
It really depends on my mood. If I am feeling adventurous, I strive to find combat situations and situations that could possibly lead to gold and treasures. If I feel the need to build ( which I do very often being a dwarf, I'll have you know our masons are the best in the world, and no human, orc, or cocky elf will ever compare to the great dwarf masons ) I'll go out in search for materials to forge new items with.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
The stout, burly... situational greedy Dwarf Warrior.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are to have fun while RPing. I love to RP. I have played D&D since I was a small child living in the hills of California. I would gather all of my friends and we would venture off on great adventures.. sometimes comical... sometimes very very scary... sometimes slightly confusing... ( for instance, I was playing as a GM and I decided to scare my sister with a ferret that had eaten a ring that gave its user the ability to fly. Ah, good times. )

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most? I would have to say all of the rules appeal to me. There is not much I can say about the rules. I agree to them, and I will follow them to the best of my abilities.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It was a misty morning in the wetlands. The air smelled of freshly slain Gnolls. Thorgrund was out on the search for his next adversary. He had been very grumpy today, because his little sister Darla, had gotten into his ammunition and sold them because she thought they were pebbles. Clearly she had not seen that they were indeed bullets for his blunderbuss.. his prized blunderbuss that he had acquired looking for copper in the old yeti cave back in dun morogh. But thats another story. Today though, oh today was going to be a slow day he thought to himself " another scruffy feral mongrel down and no closer to finding their leader. " He had been on the search for their leader for the last few days now, and his luck was turning out to be terrible. In fact, he had spent almost fifty silver on upgrading his old chain mail shirt to a new a shiny silver breastplate. " Worth every silver piece " he thought to himself. While he was busy admiring his own intellect he hadn't noticed that a small group of larger gnolls had succeeded in sneaking up on him. " I think I will buy some copper when I get back to Iron Forge next week and see if I can fashion me some new grea- " he was cut off by a howling from behind. Quickly spinning around on his heels, he brought his trusty copper battle axe to a guard. The gnolls did not like the look of this, they began to run towards this tiny man thing as fast as their paws could take them. Bringing up their stone clubs to strike they leaped forward on the attack. " This is going to be a good warm-up this is " Thorgrund said to himself. As quick as an adders strike he struck down one of the gnolls sending it spattering in two peices to the ground. " Hah! I didn't even hit ya that hard! " The leader of this pack seeing his second in command fall quite quickly, brought his own stone club down on the dwarf, or where he thought he had seen the dwarf a second ago. Quickly moving forward Thorgrund struck with just a bit of his strength at the largest of the last two gnolls. The gnoll leaders last thought as his head rolled down the bank into the swampy waters was that the dwarf had a very pretty shiny breastplate on. The last gnoll, seeing his leader fall, instead of attacking the dwarf, threw his stone club as hard as it could and ran the opposite direction of the dwarf. Bringing his battle axe up to block the stone club, Thorgrund realized the gnoll was attempting to flee. Reaching for his prized blunderbuss and bringing it up level to the gnolls backside, he let loose a volley hitting the gnoll right on its backside causing it to YELP! in pain. " That outta teach the bugger to bring everyone instead of a measly scouting party. Waste of my time that was, how rude!" As Thorgrund began to investigate the carnage he wrought, he quickly comes to the realization that the largest of the gnolls was the leader he was looking for! " Well call me a gnome and blow me up!" Thorgrund reached down and picked up the object for his personal quest... a nice piece of silk cloth. " Ah this should make a nice bag for me to put more gold in BWAHAHA!" Thorgrund put away his battle axe and secured away his prized blunderbuss in his pack. Looking over his felled foes one last time, making sure he left no coin purse unturned, starts off down the road towards Menithill harbor off to have his sister make him a nice silk bag. Another day, another quest completed... even if it wasn't the hardest of quests.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Thorgrund looks baffled as he walks into this strange musky town.... as he views an army of guards dashing towards him he remembers... " Orgrimmar? This isn't where I parked my mule!"

edit: Fixed some things in my short story. This is how I spent the first few months ( hit 51 about a year after playing ) of World of Warcraft. I would just do my own personal quests, trying to help my sister level her professions so she could make me new larger packs for carrying loot.
Welcome to the server!