Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Brör Bluebeard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Name's Josh. Not a terribly exciting person. I do a lot of reading...more reading than anything else, really. I'm into music too, but not very much good at creating it. I've been roleplaying off and on for the past ten years, though it's been more "off" than "on" since I went off to college.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
USA, and english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft II: Tides Of Darkness was the first computer game I ever bought, after playing a demo that I found who-knows-where. Fell in love with it; bought Beyond The Dark Portal as soon as it hit shelves, then Warcraft III, although I never got around to getting the expansion. Played a few 14-day trials of WoW over the past couple years, and a friend getting out of WoW gave me his discs a few weeks ago; I've been sitting on it since.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Roleplaying! I'm interested in creating and developing a character using the medium of a computer game, rather than using the character as a shell to play a computer game; according to the description on this page, you are "a private WoW server that focuses primarily on roleplay within the Warcraft setting".

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
"Tavern" roleplay is fun (and how I started roleplaying in the first place, years ago), but so's an adventure; I'm keen to try just about anything as long as it fits into the character's personality and life.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I've always had a soft spot for roleplaying dwarves; ever since I first encountered Thorin and company in The Hobbit, I've been intrigued by dwarves, and find roleplaying a grumpy, drunken, bearded miner to be a lot of fun. As far as class goes...I have no idea. I'll figure that out as I go, I expect.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'd like to think that the server will be full of interesting characters with whom I will spend many enjoyable hours interacting. We'll see.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The "humility" rule; few things are more irritating to me than trying to roleplay with people who insist on being all-powerful, all-important beings around whom the universe spins, and I do as much as I can to avoid being such a person.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Leave it to Bror Bluebeard to select the worst shack on the worst street in the worst district of the worst quadrant of the city. The small building resembled its master in a few key areas: namely, it was short, covered in mud, and thoroughly run-down. The only thing at all that distinguished it from all of the other short, mud-covered, piss-stained houses on the row was a small, brightly (apparently also freshly) painted sign hanging above the door, with three defiant words emblazoned upon it:

The Bluebeard Estate

It was to this facility that Bror removed himself on this particular afternoon, rather than to one of the city's various public houses. He needed some time alone, to clear his head. This constant cycle of waking up in the streets, spending all day getting thoroughly smashed up, and being thrown (rather more forcibly than neccessary, the dwarf thought) back out into the streets had to let up sometime.

Maybe tonight would be the night.

Maybe, rather than a pub, this afternoon he would darken the doors of a smithy, looking to find employment of some sort.

He sat in the hovel's lone chair, staring at the short, cylindrical wooden object lying on the small table in the center of the room. He ran his now-clean fingers over the gold-traced woodwork, letting his mind wander back to the halls of his forefathers.

"That's the Bluebeards' chanter, boy." He could hear his father's voice as if it were yesterday. "Ye'd best not disgrace it...been in the family fer nigh on a thousand years."

What was he going to do next?

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I do have a question, actually, and apologies if it's answered elsewhere. Do I have to be able to use peer-to-peer programs to receive updates for this server? My school's network has most of the main p2p ports blocked, which makes regular WoW almost impossible to play...I'd like to know if this is likely to be a problem.
Welcome to the server! Uhh... I'm not sure if you need peer-to-peer, but most schools are blocked from our forums. It should work if you've patched enough I would think.