Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kestrelaida's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am a long experienced Gamer, raised 'Classically' on the original Avanced Dungeons & Dragons. (Know what Thac0 means?) I have Dm'd multiple campaigns, each lasting anywhere between a few weeks to four year streak in weekend episodes. I generally do my best to keep my Rp fun and sociable, though I tend to be a bit of a Schemer...

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States, English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I watched a friend play for long enough and decided to try it. T'was my own doom.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I'd been looking over the Pirate Bay for private servers to play on, when I realized I could have probably googled it in the first place. This sight was the first to catch my eye, ah, Lady luck had smiled upon me that moment.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm normally an Action/Adventure sort of person, having monsters thrown at me while the room is filling with poison gas the the ceiling is slowly coming down. However, I also have a soft spot for Horror, and occasionally, (However much I dread to admit it..) Romance.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Preist. Everyone gives the holy man in the dress the hard time for his choice of wear, however, when it's your arm on the floor, severed clean and your shoulder socket is squirting huge amounts of blood, guess who gets to laugh now.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect mature, quality Rp from other players without the fear of having a tavern full of down to the skivvy stripped night elves dancing on the tables.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. It means all the difference of forgiving a typo versus starting a guild war that lasts a solid month.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

..Grey clouds hugged the sky and choked out the light of the sun, between them a unhealthy looking vaporous mix of black clouds oozed their way in between their more neutral seeming brothers. Rain came hard for early in the morning, and Seigfrein had been walking through the soggy vomit of bad weather since two hours ago, coming out of Stranglethorn Vale.

A man in magic saturated leather armor, with a pair of wavy bladed daggers at his side. He would have given them the usual coat of Rochak Death Powder (or so he labeled his own supply of poison), but today's incessant wetness had ruined that. It didn't bother him too much. The rain expressed him right now, silent, heart eroding depression. Just ahead a blurry outline stood quietly watching, a man in rich velvet robes and hooked pauldrons (more like horns..) with a glowering Void Walker adjusting it's magic cuffs, attempting to seem as menacing as possible.

"Are you the one called Seigfrein?" The warlock questioned, his voice betrayed his paranoia. Perhaps dealing with Fel Magicks had eroded the sanity barrier around his brain. The rogue replied, his voice gruff, throaty. He could have passed as a Forsaken if the Warlock hadn't been able to see him. "Yes. I am. Do you have her?" The Warlock gave a nervous glance to either side then replied. "I do. Do you have the money?"

The rogue pulled a sack weighed down with at least some four or five hundred coin. The tiny circular edges pushed against the silk fabric, daring to show their shapely outlines past. "Gold, all of it." Seigfrein offered the bag to the Warlock, his outstretched arm catching cold, needle droplets of rain. The warlock gave him a shifty look, the man handing him the money was wearing a defias face mask. Something of a novelty among the rogues. Oh well, at least he was able to get his living cargo off his hands quickly. "She's inside one of the wine kegs, gagged and bound, down in the Lion's Pride Inn, just down the road in goldshire."

As soon as he'd closed his fingers around the top of the back the Rogue lunged faster than any human could have ever hoped. Of course, Seigfrein wasn't human, and the man he was currently jabbing his left handed dagger into wasn't a good person either. In the short span of a few seconds, Swill could only feel this funny gaping feeling in his chest, shortly after he felt a pair of sharp things descend into the side of his neck, and then he felt no more.

Seigfrein laid the Warlock's corpse down, pulling the Defias mask back into place to hide his enlarged fangs. The Void Walker had dispelled the second he had felled the master, dissappearing into a swirl of nothing, hands raised to the air in a cry of freedom.

"No on tries to sell me my Fiancee." The rogue hissed from behind his face rag, planting his heel full force against the Warlock's head, smashing it apart in a magnificient curb stomp. He didn't bother retreiving the sack of copper he'd given to the the Warlock.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Numbers, Questions, Vauge Response.
Is that a World of Warcraft story, or one from AD&D?
From Wow
Is your character there some sort of vampire?
He was, did end up on the wrong side of a wooden stake in his sleep though. -Frown-
You do realize WoW has no vampires, right?
There's a Vampire you take a quest from during the Death Knight missions...

A vampire is a creature that feeds off of the energy or blood of others. The rune spell known as Vampiric Mark of Striking is said to imbue a weapon with the essence of a vampire.M&M 72

The term "vampiric" is often used to describe artifacts or spells that drain a victims lifeforce or feeds off of blood. There are spells and items that are said to be vampiric. The nathrezim are often described as being vampiric.

Vampire bats are large bats often used by trolls.

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King introduced the darkfallen, a race of undead elves loyal to the Scourge. Their leaders display a number of traits associated with the traditional vampire archetype.

Quoted by WoW Wiki. Looks like I'm dead wrong.
Oh well, what else can I do but admit to that it was RP on Retail WoW, though I admit, I had never been told that they did -Not- exist, forgive me.
That was well-written at least. Any character that overpowered is essentially a no-no here, however. And, of course, vampires don't exist as I already said. Welcome to the server!