Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ahnleist's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a casual player who doesn't religiously follow video games. Sure they are a blast, but for me they are the most fun when enjoyed on a semi-regular basis.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the United States of America, and consequently my primary language is American English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend of mine introduced Warcraft III several years ago, and World of Warcraft about a year after it was first released. He showed me around Azeroth and the different cities and towns within it. It wasn't much longer before I had an account and several characters of my own. I quit World of Warcraft in September due to financial difficulties, frustrations with griefing, the emphasis of what gear you had, and the "holier-than-thou" attitude many of the players had. I'm coming back for Role Play purposes only.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The focus on Role Play and the rules of conduct were the biggest points. One of the other reasons I left World of Warcraft in September was the emphasis so many players around me had on Instances, gear, and PVP. Role Playing interested me, but I couldn't talk seriously about to other players in my server without being mocked.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I gravitate toward small groups or one-on-one. As far as location/situations are concerned, I'm pretty open. I can enjoy a leisurely chat in an inn, or a perilous quest in lands hostile.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Without a doubt, it has to be the Tauren. Their immense brawn and benevolent nature are quite admirable. As far as class is concerned, I can only narrow it down to two classes: Warrior and Druid. The warrior's proficiency in hand-to-hand and arms combat, and the Druid's flexibility and closeness with the world around him/her make both of them my favorite classes.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm hoping that the server will be a great place to build characters and have some great Role Play experiences.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. It can mean the difference between a simple misunderstanding and a long ugly feud.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The din of the inn preys upon the exhausted warrior's ears. It was a long day of mining in the Barrens, and the ship from Booty Bay to Ratchet isn't due to arrive until the next morning. The tauren winces as he places his hand on his head. A foolish thief attempted to steal the tauren's hard earned copper ore while he was eating lunch. In the thief's mind, a blow to the head with a club and quick work of a knife to the incapacitated tauren's satchel would yield an easy silver coin or two. What he failed to take into consideration is the condition of said club, and the resilient nature of his foe. That mistake cost the thief his life, and the tauren's enjoyment of his lunch.

A loud crash behind the tauren prompts him to look back. An ugly brawl involving a couple of orcs, a human, a troll, and several dwarves is breaking out in the inn. Having had a tiresome day already, the tired warrior slips a couple copper coins to the innkeeper for the brew. The warrior quietly makes his way out, dodging the occasional stray flying stein and dagger. The cool night breeze feels wonderful on his aching head as he walks over to the Windriders. For the warrior, sleeping out on the grass by the smelly Windriders is a far more pleasant choice than being cracked over the head... again.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

1. I don't have Wrath of Lich King, but I do have the Burning Crusade.
2. I may be online only a couple of times per week. Work & School come first you know.
Welcome to the server! You can get Wrath of the Lich King in a number of easy ways over these fine internets, so that'll be fine. We accept casual RPers here, so you shouldn't have a problem there either. I usually stick to the same sort of schedule you mentioned.