Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Tanis' Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I suppose my greatest strength and weakness is specialization. I can't do many roles well, which means I'm somewhat inflexible, but the roles I do like to play, I like to think I do with a degree of depth and development that is at least mildly impressive. I like playing the old cynical war veteran, the coolheaded and charming rogue, and the old advisor types more than anything. There's a lot of dry humor in my characters.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

From the Middle-Of-No-Where Midwestern USA. English is my first language, obviously, though I'll soon be picking up Italian.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I grew up with Warcraft. It was one of my first games as a young boy and it's been a staple of my computer gaming ever since. It is a series I know a lot about, I like to think, and it is a series that has captured, at least partially, my imagination.

What made you seek our server over others?:

The absolutely horrid RPing live servers, obviously. That, and the fact that a lot of the Private RP servers I have been a part of since I took to them have often collapsed spectacularly under the weight of their own ambition and incompetent, moronic leadership. I won't mention any names but I imagine there are at least two or three people on this server who would know of what I speak.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Most of all I enjoy dialogue. Action is, of course, important, but something I've always loved is a simple sort of conversation between people. Often the most interesting and entertaining role playing for me is a battle of wit and intelligence over a clash of steel. Of course I

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race is Human because it is easiest for me to relate to. I already know the sort of life a Human has, being one myself, how complex they can be, how diverse they are, and what motivates them. It's the easiest race to role play, and while that may be laziness on my part, it lets me focus more on depth and development and less on wondering how another race might react. As for class, I don't have a favorite class but the most versatile is obviously a warrior. I'll pick this when I have no other ideas.

What are your expectations of this server?:

To find some serious roleplay, of course. I'm a little on the dramatic side sometimes but I blame that on my parents.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Weeding out godmodders is always a good thing, having seen multiple servers destroyed so completely by the radical actions of a few out-of-control players who were given GM powers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The rap and tap of heavy leather boots on cobbled stone ground made a sound not unlike a drum as Val swept into the packed of Stormwind, his saddle bags over one shoulder. The metal chape of his scabbard occassionally knocked up against an upraised stone, making a metallic dinging sound as he walked. The traveller often had to grab the hilt of his rapier to keep it from banging against the ground. Perhaps it was time to cut another hole in his baldric. He'd lost a lot of weight since he'd worn this sword carrying rig. Was it muscle or fat gone? Probably a combination of the two, Val thought, as he attempted to weave his way through the crowd towards the docks.

He'd sold his horse at that stable, and dearly hoped what he'd gotten for it would be enough to barter for passage out of Stormwind. Some part of him wanted to stay in this part of the world, which had for so long been his home, and the home of his family. Yet ever other fiber in his body knew he had to go. It would do him no good to stay in this place, where pain was his only companion and nostalgia wracked his oldened frame at every turn. He finally reached the dock master, a man he'd know for a few years now. He seemed shocked to see Val ready to depart Stormwind. He choked back a tear.

"Valentino? By the Light, you're packing up. What's happened?"

"Time I moved on, old friend. There's nothing in Stormwind for me now."

"Why I saw your wife Lucy just last week with your young Lad, you can't h-" The Dockmaster began, but stopped when he saw the grave look on Val's face, "What's happened?"

"A sickness took both of them from me, now I'm moving on. It's been good knowing you, but I need to go. Help me find a ship?" Val asked.

The two walked off together, sharing the last few words they might ever share.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'm a reenactment fencer, leaning towards the fighting style called Florentine. My characters often reflect this quality in me. I live by the Code Duello and all the tenets it entails.
Tanis Wrote:What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Most of all I enjoy dialogue. Action is, of course, important, but something I've always loved is a simple sort of conversation between people. Often the most interesting and entertaining role playing for me is a battle of wit and intelligence over a clash of steel. Of course I

Of course you what?!

Other than that, Welcome to the server.