Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Shoxie's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, first of all i am not entirely sure that this is the correct place to post this... Oh well.

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I'm a big fan of MMORPG's. I, and many others, think I play games way too much, and i agree with them. It's just i can't get out of the idea of fantasy. It probably sounds really nerdy, but I think it'd be absolutely awesome to be a fire-balling mage or a rogue to be able to go invisible. As a player I'm friendly to everyone, as long as they're friendly back (well even if they're not friendly back I won't just spam explicits at them). If a person is unfriendly towards me I usually try find out whats wrong and therefore make friends with them (hopefully).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am English born and bred. Although I am thirteen years of age, I consider myself pretty mature.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

This isn't going to be my life story about World of Warcraft, but to cut a long story short, I saw my sister playing it a few years back and I got pretty much addicted (It's like drugs, can't stop it :)). As I like fantasy books (almost only thing i read) I got fully stuck into Warcraft.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I searched "World of warcraft RP private server" and you appeared so I was like "Whoah, a full RP server, no way."

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Well. I guess I prefer the sort of lazing about in the tavern, a few bar fights sort of style. I think it fits my favourite race and also favourite class, which you'll find out soon. I only got into RP a few months ago but I think i'm quite good at telling stories from all the books i read.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favourite race is a female Blood Elf, mostly because I think they're pretty, and they look more human than the human's. My favourite class is the hunter because I love the idea of being a complete master of your trade and weapon, being able to shoot through a bracelet at 100 yards.

What are your expectations of this server?:

To be honest, I don't really mind what's wrong or right about the server, as long as there is a friendly RP environment and friendly people to talk to OOC.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I don't have a favourite rule or regulation... Buuuut if I'd have to choose between them, It's probably the no racism/cussing because I really am not fond of idiots who think it's cool to insult.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Firstly, I'd like you to realise that I type pretty fast, and stories shoot through my head like wildfire when i'm writing, so if there's a few minor spelling mistakes please take that into account.

Sunlight beat down onto the sandy, baked, floor of the Barrens. Where there were trees the sunlight crashed mercilessly down through the leaves, casting a murky green glow on the floor below. A figure was to be seen in the distance, under a tree. She knelt down to the tracks left by the rampaging Zhevras. The tracks were new, and the dung was still steaming. As you looked another figure, smaller than the female, came into focus. The new figure looked like a black panther. If you looked closer still, you could almost suggest that they were conversing. The female was a Blood Elf with shocking red hair, flowing almost to her chest. You could tell she was pretty by the way she stood. But the most attracting feature about her person was her eyes, they were huge, and hazel brown. Her face was sharp, but soft at the same time.
Suddenly, the female, who was evidently a hunter by the strength in her arm and back from pulling a bow from the age of 8, leaped backwards by force of magic and shot into the tree with her fine, medium length bow. She prided herself in the strength, and excellency of her bow. It was made of yew, with dense heartwood in the centre, and springy sapwood at the end. The sapwood, which is much bouncier and flexible than the heart wood, was to give the arrow more power and the heartwood in the centre was for the sapwood to spring back into shape. When the bowstring was taut and pulled to her chin, she let the arrow fly, the heartwood bringing the bow back to it's usual shape. When she was content the threat was neutralized a stunningly beautiful owl dropped from the tree. The Blood Elf screamed a four letter explicit before tending to the wounded animal. The owl was evidently her partner in life and she bent down to examine the wounds. She uttered a few letters of magic and, fast as quicksilver, a sticky yellow light dropped apon the fallen bird. After a few minutes the cat appeared, there was a heat shimmer, and the figure that was apparantly a cat, morphed into a Night Elf druid. The Blood Elf stood back and the druid cast a spell of healing upon the bird.
Suddenly a horn rang out across the arid desert and a few Orc Outriders were tearing across the baked mud towards the hunter, She let loose two arrows, one tearing the cheek off an Orc and unhorsing* him, the other plunged into another wolf rider's guts, wrenching him off the saddle and onto the floor, shaking in pain. The other three riders were closing the gap alarmingly fast. The hunter leased her third arrow high in the sky before the first two had even hit a target.
Then the arrows hit. Two of the wolfriders had been torn from their saddles with arrows embedded in their necks. But the one remaining rider was still on his wolf and only 30 paces from the hunter who had already used her arrows shooting the tree. She drew her strong sword and stood her ground. There was a clash of steel as the two swords met. She parried the second blow and dodged the third, counter-attacking with a slash to the hamstring of the wolf. The rider was thrown over the the front of the wolf and the hunter quickly dispatched it. But the rider was still alive, and running towards her with terrible ferocity. She parried and swung at the Orc's legs but he dodged and led a terrifying counter-attack, battering the hunter into a tree and she parried and dodged for her life. But then, just before the final blow had been struck, there was a shimmer of heat and the druid, as the panther, re-appeared. The panther plunged her fully grown claws into the belly of the Orc and broke his guts and intestines. He screamed in pain and the panther put him out of his misery by cutting his lower spine.
After recovering from her ordeal, the hunter went and ended the Orc, who had had his cheek taken off. She quickly rummaged through the belongings and clothing of the fallen Orcs and discovered a letter from Thrall the leader of the horde adressed to the chief of crossroads, whatever it was. She kept it and the unbroken mail armour from the corpses, as well as the fifteen and a half gold pieces around their persons. But then a drummer sounded from far off and she looked to her left and a humungous dust cloud was being kicked up. Then she realised, the four orcs she just killed, were just a scouting party...

*Sorry about the unhorsed thing, I couldn't really say "unwolved" :).
X: By the way sorry it's quite big even though I read a thread which said I shouldn't apologize. I either had to finish or leave it at a cliffhanger but I had plotted out what was going to happen.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

No, I understand pretty much everything perfectly and again, I apologize you had to read all through that story. Thanks and Goodbye.