Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: O hai CotH!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hmm.. Ok then! I'm 15 years old male and my boring life is pretty much all about games currently (has always been lol). Recently I have stopped playing WoW on normal servers since it just got boring, because the end game content was just easy and PvP failed. I haven't been RPing in WoW for a long time, but I have been playing lots of Warcraft 3 maps with RP to keep my touch in RP :)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Finland and my primary language is Finnish

How did you get into Warcraft?:
It all started when my big brother bought Warcraft 2 on our first computer. I didn't think it was anything special back then. Years later came Warcraft 3 that just blew my mind, it was awesome and still is awesome. The lore really sucked me in (there was also a file on the CD that contained whole Warcraft story and I really enjoyed it). And then came World of Warcraft, well naturally my brother bought it and we shared an account together, so I couldn't play much when it came out. Later I got my own computer and account, so I started to play WoW like a mad man.

What made you seek our server over others?:
well I have been looking for a RP private server for a while now and always name Conquest of the Horde happens to pop up.
+ I haven't even found any other RP servers so far.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy social company in my RP. Also I like to listen to people and hear their stories.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would be Taurens I suppose. Why? Well I just fell in love with Taurens in Warcraft 3 (They were the badass tanks). Favorite class would be mage, since I really enjoy blasting enemies with magic instead of just whacking them with melee weapons.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Enjoyable RP, friendly people, strict rules and non-abusing GMs

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"We don't need characters from other dimensions, worlds, etc. or characters that are out of place and make no sense with the current, established lore"
^
That. Why? Because I hated when on normal RP servers, there were "vampire NE lesbians o_O", Qiraji people in NE bodies and NE warlocks (Funny that they are all NE freaks for some reason)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It was a beautiful morning in Dun Morogh when Boggel was waking up. Suddenly Boggel's house started to shake from beating and Boggel fell from his bed to the floor. The shaking suddenly stopped.
"What's with the racket so early in the morning!" - yelled Boggel with very angry tone.
Boggel grabed his favorite crowbar that was made from the best saronite a gnome can find and went outside to see who was there. Unfortunately there was a big hairy yeti waiting him with a very hungry face.
"So you want to mess with the great tinker Boggel, eh?" - Boggel glares the yeti with killing intent in his eyes while peting his crowbar.
The yeti is unaware how "dangerous" this little gnome really is. Boggel's rocket boots launch him up in the sky.
"Here I come you stinking hairy monkey!!" - Boggel also makes strange noises while he is coming down with great speed.
The crowbar lands to the yeti's thick head.
"HAHA! Still think you are something, huh? HUH?" - Boggel keeps kicking the yeti's head
Later on that day the great tinker Boggel prisoned the yeti and made many fascinating tests with his new inventions on the yeti.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Actually... If you die because some player just decides to kill you for no reason and you have died once before, you lose your char?
Gremor Wrote:Actually... If you die because some player just decides to kill you for no reason and you have died once before, you lose your char?
If your character dies ICly once, you have a chance at resurrection (which is in no way guaranteed to work, and may or may not be possible depending on who your character knew and where/how they died.) If your character has already been resurrected once and dies again, you do lose that character.

That being said, the situation where your character is killed "for no reason" should never happen. We do not tolerate characters randomly attacking/killing other characters. Character death is a serious event and has to be handled appropriately. There are several guidelines regarding this.
1) The death has to be the result of legitemate role-play. That is, both characters had to have a reason to be where they were, there had to be a reason for the confrontation, and there had to have been role-play leading up to the attack immediately before a character's death.
2) Metagaming and powergaming are not tolerated. This means that other players are not allowed to stalk your character without knowing ICly where your character is, and nobody should ever have a super-powerful character that can just up and kill you. Furthermore, things like "I stab you in the back and you die" are considered powergaming.
3) Unless your put your character in an obviously dangerous situation (such as being in the opposite faction's area of influence, or following a group of warlocks into the woods, or similar things), a character warning has to be issued and your character should be given a chance to escape the situation if you do not consent to maiming or death. Note that this is not an excuse to do stupid things and then say "Character warning? I don't consent, I run away now." It has to make sense ICly, and both players have to be respectful to each other.
Generally, use common sense, avoid powergaming and metagaming, and report any such behavior to GMs if you've tried to talk to the other player OOCly about this and they refused to cooperate.

So, to sum it up - yes, second death is final death, but you should never be killed for no reason.
For more indepth information, take a look at this thread.
Oh, and welcome to the server.