Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Avius' introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

As player, I've played mostly in Neverwinter Nights role-playing servers, for about 3 years, most of time in spanish servers, altough spent some months too in english ones. I just played Wow in role-playing servers, not oficial ones (I haven't got enought money for paying an account). That actually means I played in the role-play free spanish server, the only one that exists. As a player (and as a person) I'm rather talkative, and my characters use to speak in a courteous and educated way (mostly because I do speak that way too). I use to role-play characters with high metal and social skills, and I dislike brutal ones. I also love long descriptions of spells, rituals and magic (most of times I roleplay an spellcaster) and, even more, the diplomatic issues. I do get bored with servers where you just have to kill monsters or PvP (need a little more background for fighting).

On the other hand, I don't really have a lot of patience for slowly leveling, starting as a dammed peasant... Mostly because I don't have free time enought to spend years in order to have an interesting story. Another nice flaw of mine is that I hate when other people roleplay rude characters. Most of time I do avoid role-playing with rude characters (unless I know the players well), as I can take dislike for both (player and character) easily. Being so susceptible about rude actitude, I don't really understand why I don't get offended by scenes of rape, bloody sacrifices, drugs, racism, sexism, homophoby or that kind of things (IC, obviously)... Not even when they involve rude acting. I supuse it's because what I hate is rudeness as a way of being in the character. In fact, sometimes I've role-played evil characters wich made offensive things. Of course, just if I'm sure all the players involved aren't offended. And when I've role-played women or homosexuals in a medieval and sexist world, I've keept in mind that those characters must have it's drawbacks in roleplay.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from Spain and so, of course, spanish is my mother language. I'm afraid I don't domain any language enought to be considered bilingual, altough I'm trying to improve my english. One of the reasons for joining the server is my interest in improving my english: next year, I'll be studing in London (blessed Erasmus grant). So, I'm interested in improving my english skills, and the best way to do so while in Spain is using the internet. If I can have fun by the way... Isn't it even better?

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I have played for a long time to strategy games. My favourite ones where those with map editor. I created my own maps, characters and so on and I played with them, creating my own stories. It's like playing with legos and that kind of things, but in a computer. Then, I discovered Warcraft and it's map editor: it allowed me to create creatures, races, buildings and even habilities! So, I've spent hours and hours making maps with my own civilizations, wars betwen factions and such kind of things (oh, hells... I miss my mist elves so much). And when I discovered Wow existed, I bought it... Loved his background and wanted to enjoy it making my own stories.

What made you seek our server over others?:

As I've said, I bought Wow as soon as I discovered it existed... But I felt dissapointed as I had to pay a lot of money and the whole game was about killing monsters and/or other characters. A long time after, I discovered a free role-play server in spanish, I joined, I bored as they had a lot of internal struggle and boring rules that tried to make it over-realistic (I don't want to play some sort of wow sims...). One day, I decided it would be cool to look for the same thing in other languages and here I am. This is one of the few role-play servers in english that seemed nice enought.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy the magical and diplomatical kind of role-play. I love role-playing rituals, spells and magical phenomenoms, as I love spellcasting. But my spellcasting isn't (usually) for fighting. The other kind I enjoy are the diplomatic issues, political intrigues and such kind of things. So, I love when a magician decides not to become a bookworm or a piece of artillery but to represent it's faction politically... Helped, of course, by his magical habilities. And I do love rituals as it's a nice way of introducing miscellaneous magical effects that don't fit in the core game spells... It's a lot more interesting describing all the shiny sparkles and misterious gestures for making a strange effect that just clicking.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favourite class is any spellcasting one. Most of time, I do role-play what in Wow terms would be a mage or a warlock. They're the most suited for rituals, magical things and so on. The next class I prefer is the cleric (priest in Wow): they're really suited for spellcasting and they are usually a lot more quallified for the social role-play. And as my third option: the druid or even the shaman. Just as long as he's not an isolated guy who spends his whole life in a boring and empty forest, I can get the diplomacy in it. Specially in Wow, as a druid can fit well for the role of a diplomat of the night elves.

About the race, well, I do like humans and elves (night, blood or high, it doesn't minds me) the most, although I also use to enjoy gnomes. I like humans because they fit in every role, and I usually use them for evil characters. Night elves are nice, so wise and ceremonial, but what I don't like of them is that, whew, they look like giants! I can get over this cosmetic prefference, anyway. High elves aren't role-played in this server (as long as I've seen) but I love that they're mainly magical and that they've had a very tragic fate. But my favourite elves are blood ones. The sin'dorei are really suited for a diplomatic, magical and machiavelic character: what would you do for saving your whole race, the people you love...? And about gnomes, well, magical inventions have always atracted me, and gnomes are the steampunk topic in Wow... Right, dwarfs can do it too... But they aren't as intelligent, cute, clever, little and magical as gnomes.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I would like to create a well developed character who fits in a living enviroment, in a history that actually moves and changes over the time. Probably I would love becoming a diplomat for any kind of faction... Being the good one who wants to avoid war to the evil one that is just trying to take over the world for his race and betray any kind of allies.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I've no doubt: the one about maturity. I think it's one of the most important skills for sociallicing (both arround games or in real life): the hability to think rationally even when you feel that your speaker is saying stupid things... Being respectfull while arguing about any matter is necessary. And I must admit I do love the rational debate.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

RAISE OF THE DOWNHEARTED

The whole Senate was looping at him. Tense were those in silk blue robes; tense their mouths and expressions, tense the depth of their eyes.

-I will not –he said, and a murmur expanded and his shiver-like voice has to be raised to speak. –I will not keep my word, neither expend my whole life weeping for the past.

-You promised! –an ancient shouted, but quickly he calmed his voice looking at his comrades. –As we all did, you promised, and a vow must be kept. Not to fight, not to move, not to build, not to share. We promised to weep for we once had a life, a civilization which died with our cities and her.

-The mourning must end –he answered. Almost all of the senators' long hair moved as they denied. Their blue-skin pale, their hands on their staves. –We can fight, we can move, we can reborn from our ashes. Once again will our cities fly over the earth, filled with wonders of distilled knowledge. Once again our magic…

-You sound like a human –interrupted the leader, softly speaking, denying. He was honoured with the longest hair, without the shame of a cut in over a thousand years. He sighted. –Too long you have spent as ambassador, Uel'alure –he pointed him with a long skinny finger.-Too much time we allowed you, not knowing the risk. Our time is over. We had our annals, we had our language, we had the measure of our time. We were keeping the sign of End, so could write it once we couldn't advance. And we couldn't, and we promised, and then we did write the sign.

-We can rise… -he moaned, trembling maybe in emotion.

-No, we can not –replied lowering his arm, hiding again his hand in the depths of his sleeve. –We lost most of our people, we lost our cities. Eons of knowledge and poetry just banished in vain. And foremost, we lost the Everlasting Queen. Her death can not be avenged: no punishment is hard enough to equal the damage we suffered. The last chant and summon that destroyed her time did released a sorrow that we just can not handle. Our civilization died…

-We have magic left –his voice was trembling too, his nails pushed against the soft skin of his palm, letting some few drops of blue blood escape.- We have leftovers of magic, we keep some poem-spells… Not all the words are lost, nor is all hope…

-She will not rise, and so will not our civilization. Our time has passed: our enemies are too much to be counted and we are but a handful. But above all we are chained by the deepest sorrow. You are young: you did not saw the lost of these thousand lives, these lives that had shared with you the past of the centuries…. You did not gazed at the Mysteries in their unpronounceable beauty, and so you don't know what has been lost forever.

-Maybe I do not –he answered trembling, ¿was it fury or was sadness what was making him cry?- And it might be my strength…

-But our destiny is sealed, we will not debate longer –the leader pronounced. –The sign of the End was written on our History.

No one, not even Uel'alure, could have guessed what then happened. He advanced, he moved, with the sight in his mouth, with a terrible shout in the corner of his eyes. He advanced towards the book, and no spell was raised: no ancient could think about what they were seeing.

He tore the last page of the book, reduced it to a few pieces. The paper, simple parchment, didn't offered resistance and it sounded like a word which is dying forever. It took a few minutes to see what had happened, to comprehend his hands were stained with something worse than blood.

-Sacrilege –he whispered, as he fell on his knew, as he caressed the pieces of the sign of the End. –Sacrilege –he repeated, and he cried and he trembled.-Sacrilege has been done over what was left as sacred.

And the ancients were able but to mumble some words, for the sign of the End just once could be written. So we had to fail our pledge, and to act, and to judge, and we all cropped our hair for not fulfilling an oath. The we punished the crime of breaking our mourning and Uel'alure was crowned as king of what was left. Now we think, now we move, now we build, now we share: but a bunch of foreigners without cheer in our breaths.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Ahem... Well, you didn't said there was any kind of limit for the story's sice, did you? I do love writing, but, obviously, I just write... let's say "artistically"... in spanish. So, this short story has been sort of a practise for my english skills (I'm proud I could mostly create it without using the dictionary :D). And I must clarify something: nope, it doesn't belongs to Wow. It's an scene for a book I had planed. I had the idea when I was thinking about what to write in english, and that's what happened. And now I must translate it to spanish, tsk... I just wish this kind of things will help me in London ¬¬U

Oh, yeah, before leaving: sorry for the types and offenses against english grammar!