Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Edward the Longshanks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a casual player, but I do anything, really. Quests, PvP, raids... When I'm RP'ing I usually do the basic quests and train professions and leave raiding for what it is, I don't think I ever had an RP character who surpassed level 25. My manner of playing also depends on the character.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm Belgian, so I can speak Dutch and French. Of course I'm also nearly fluent in english. ( I would consider myself fluent but i'm no living dictionairy - yet. )

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I played WC III and the expansion and always loved the humorous aproach, unlike most other games wich are dead serious. A friend of mine started playing the World of Warcraft beta and recommended me to play WoW. I have been playing since May 2005 until now with one or two 3-month pauses, and have built up a good knowledge about the game.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I used to RP on the live Argent Dawn server, but the many not-rping people, the power emoters and the lack of good character customatisation made me look for a private server where these kind of rules can be enforced. A quick google search led me here, I have yet to see if it's as good as they say but I have good faith.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm used to alot of different types of RP, and I'm open for new things. Personally I prefer:

* City RP ( I used to bee in the Stormwind City Watch on AD )
* Outdoorsy trapper types who rescue people and kill monsters.
* Militia or soldier types
* An absent minded mage or scientist.
* A drunk mountaineer.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is Human, and to a lesser extent Dwarf and Night-elf.
Humans just seem... right when playing soldier types, mages, in cities, et cetera. They are very versatile and don't seem out of place RPing the bad or good guy, the clumsy one, the righteous one...

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect Rping without a character named 'lsbmiebqmiu' asking if I want to buy gold, No 'Arthos' or 'Legolass' saying */me takes a sword and cleave you in half. you are dead*
Secretly i'm also hoping to be able to go for a certain look of armor without having to lvl to 80 and shelling out 2000g, but that would be a bonus. Playing 3+ years on live has made me very resourceful.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The roleplaying and/or No godmoding one. As I mentioned I used to be in Stormwind City Watch, and the sheer numbers of people who were invincible or paladin kings boggled the mind. The maturity one is also good, but it seems like a given.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"DAMNED!" - It was almost inaudible, a strong wind carrying away the word before it even left his mouth. "DAMNED DAMNED AND DAMNED TEN TIMES OVER", Lorin yelled again. For seven days now he had been stuck here, snow covering almost all of this Steamtank, and now a bear had run off with the last of his food. "good fer nuthin' flea ridden pests", he muttered at the brown shape in the distance wich was getting smaller and smaller until it was impossible to see. "Why me", the dwarf sighed. "What 'ave I done ta deserve this?" But he knew full well what he had done. As a member of the Royal Guard, Lorin Stoneshield responsibility had been to protect King Bronzebeard, with his life if it was required. But when the day came when Magni was attacked - A band of dark iron dwarves had ambushed the royal caravan near the Northgate pass - he had been gripped by fear and failed to do his duty. Bronzebeard was gravely wounded, and lorin was quickly discharged from the Guard. He had already made preparations to got live in Kharanos when he recieved the acursed letter that led him to this icy hell:

Lorin Stoneshield,

After your magnificent display of cowardice at
the side of the king, we have seen fit to
appoint you another task that hopefully earns
you some courage. You are to go to Steelgrills
where a Steamtank will be waiting for you.
This tank and it's contents have to get to
Thelsamar. Further details will follow.

I don't know why the king has decided to
trust you with another task, even one as
trivial as this, but I'm sure he has his
reasons.

- Senator B. Redstone

The tank was a miserable heap of metal, it's cannon was bent, most of the armor had been replaced by inferior iron plates and one side had a wheel more, leading him to always ride in curves - Lorin was sure this was the cause of him getting lost and stuck in the snow. The crate that he was supposed to deliver was as empty as his stomach and a deep corner of his mind started to suspect the whole misson was a sham. Luckily some of the equiment was in working condition, including a rifle and the tank's stove. Seeing no other options, Lorin prepared to go out hunting.

After two hours of wandering around aimlessly he still hadn't found an animal, nor a trail or any other sign of life. It was getting dark and he had almost given up hope when he heared a scream scattered in the wind. Then more screams, this time closer. Flashes of light accompanied the howling while the sky grew darker, and a strange voice seemed to be singing right in front of him. Lorin wasen't the bravest of Dwarves and soon he was so terrified that he could not move a muscle. The chanting came closer now while the wind got calmer, not instantly, but too fast to be natural. The voice was now just in front of him, maybe twenty metres away - And so was the screaming, wich sounded like a pig getting slaughtered. Something brushed against his leg. As he looked down he saw a beautiful creature with a smooth skin, like a cat but bigger and with a large head. A feeling of calm came over him, and bent forward to stroke the beast. Suddenly, the cat-like creature screamed, a bloodhurdeling sound that deafened him, as it ran away a small distance, only to leap at him with an open maw full of razor sharp teeth.

"... That's how winning is done.. ", sang the voice, right besides him, and the creature exploded with a bright blue light, knocking him off his feet and sending him flying through the cold air. "What the.. ", he gasped, and everything turned black.

He didn't know how long he was unconcience, but it was day, almost noon, as he saw the sun through the window. Wait, window? Lorin sat up. He found himself in a soft bed in what had to be the most peculiar little room he had ever layed eyes upon - and thats an achievement for he had seen many gnome houses from the inside during his duties as a Guard. Almost everything was dark-red, and the shelves and cupboards were littered with little gizmos, books, candles, pieces of armor and assorted other junk. "By the titans, what.." he exclaimed, when he saw a statue of a Dwarf. Not just any dwarf - the statue bore a striking resemblance to Lorin himself! Lorin crawled out of the bed, hardly amazed that almost all of his clothes were gone, leaving him in his linnen underpants. His head pounded like he had been drinking Thunderbrew's latest creation the night before. He pinched himself, half expecting and half hoing to wake up in his bed in Ironforge. No such luck. Lorin wrapped the red sheets around him like a kilt and went on to investigate the rest of the odd house, brandishing a broom as a weapon. Onening the door he came in a hallway, equally red but lacking the gizmos and armor. Every door was locked except the last one that was half open and brought the smell of baked eggs and bacon to Lorin's nose.
His hunger overcame his fear and he entered the room, still holding the broom ready to strike. "Ah, goodmorning, friend!", spoke the soft voice of an elderly man, "Care for some breakfast? Or brunch, seeing as its getting late."
"Who are you? Where am I? What was that cat thing? Am I dreaming? Am I dead?"
-"My my, so many questions, Lorin", the man said with a smile. "No, you aren't dead, and you're awake, too. My name is Cadigohar Verinar Ameros the Third, but my friends call me Cadi and so you may too. You are in my House on top of Drag Modan, the Dragon Mountain."
Lorin tried to speeak but could not found the words, so his mouth opened and closed like a fish on dry land. He helplesly clinged to his broom, but it had dissapeared from his hands and instead he was holding a fork.
"Sit down", said Cadigohar. "Your eggs are done. Do you want tea with that?"
The dwarf nodded slowly. "You... you still haven't said what those things were..."
"Oh, you mean the Tikbalangs? Well, its a rather elaborate story but I'll give you the short version. Tikbalangs live in forests. They know three stages in life, the first of these is the Cat form, wich you have seen. They hunt people, and when they catch one they become one with it, transforming the victim in a grotesque version of itself. Human-like, but with bigger heads and limbs. Their favorite victims are humans and arrakoa, and I'm one of the few people who try to control their population. Unfortunatly some have found their way through the Dark Portal into our world. Your eggs are getting cold by thee way."
Lorin stared at the man. "You.. hunt.. man-eaters?"
-"Oh yes, tikbalangs, Demons, the like. I'm also a good cook and blacksmith - or so they tell me."
-"And why do you know my n.. Why is there a statue of ME in that room?"
-"Oh, I had to know how you looked, of course. You were supposed to meet me in Thelsamar four days ago. Do you have my crate?"
Lorin blinked his eyes, his upper lip twitching. "YOUR CRATE? I HAVE BEEN STUCK IN THE SNOW FOR TWO DAYS FREEZING MY ASS OFF!! FOR AN EMPTY BOX!", he buldered. "BEARS STEALING MY FOOD, TIKCATS TRYING TO EAT ME! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!"
"Oh, it's not empty", grinned the man, "No no no, not at all. Finish your breakfast while i'll go get it."
The mage walked through the door and closed it, leaving a bewildered Lorin behind. Mere moments later, he was back, carrying the crate in both hands'. If Lorin wasen't stunned with confusion before, he certainly was now. "How.. I.. But.." he stuttered.
"Ah, I put your tank outside in the shed, hope you don't mind", the mage winked as he pointed to the window. Lorin looked and saw his old battered up tank in anequally old and battered up wooden shed. "Some more tea?" the man asked. - "No.. no.." muttered Lorin. "Do you got whiskey or something?". The mage smiled and opened a cupboard wich seemed to be filled with bottles. "Let's see", he said, "Old Elwynn, 12year old Theramoore single malt, a fine Moran Eaglekeg.." - "I'll take em all." answered the dwarf, still with a crazed look in his eyes.
While Lorin was drinking to forget, mage opened the crate. It was empty, as the Dwarf suspected, but Cadigohar reached inside nonetheless, taking out a dark red stone that appeared to have materialized out of thin air. Lorin took another gulp of whiskey. "And this", said Cadigohar, "is our answer to the Tikbalang problem".

Stay tuned for next episodes of Lorin Stoneshield and the Mystery of the Three Red Stones, and find out how he became Captain of the Royal Dwarven Airforce, defeats the Dark Iron Emperor and finds the love of his life! I haven't quite written them yet nor do I have any Idea how they'll go but that can't be a problem. Sorry that its a little long i got carried away :<

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
If you notice extra vowels, commas or apostrophes - I'm currently using a somewhat banged up keyboard and it messes up my typing a little bit - I think i fixed all errors but you never know.