Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Helgrid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, My name is Drew of the clan of Varrocksnicks. Not really, but it sounds cool. I am 16 years old, but I try my best to act older than I am. I like role-playing games, such as DnD, and others. I've kinda quit almost everything I used to do as of late, but desided to get back into WoW, cause I love the lore of Warcraft.. Well that brings us to now pretty much, sorry theres not much to tell I'm afraid.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I hail from the fifth moon of zinith in the quaqlar nebla, my primary language is Sparnith, but I am fluint in over 5 billion forms of communication, and I can even talk to mostiour vaporators.
(I'm from the usa, and english is my primary language)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft III, hands down. Its still one of my favorite games ever, and I've also played the first two. The lore, and good gameplay got me hooked, and here we are.

What made you seek our server over others?:
A friend kept telling me of his adventures and I always thought role-playing warcraft would be fun, so bam! Perfect fit. ^^

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Depends on what kind of mood I am in. Sometimes I want a nice casual, fun role-play. Other times I'm in the mood for some hard-core in-character deeply role-play. Then theres the lawlz-style role-play where we do everything just for kicks. ^^

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would be Tauren HANDS DOWN. I like the whole, treat all life with respect, and "Outsider" feel when I role play. I do like the trolls to, simply cause its fun to roleplay one.
Class would have to eather be Hunter or Shamen, simply because I like playing a character with a close connection with nature/the world. And haveing a animal companion (from hunter) be at your side loyaly at all times is a nice role-playing way to go.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To really ROLE-PLAY, and make some friends while I'm at it.
Oh and to hang ot with my friend Kyle :P

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The whole "Value people's role-playing ability over how fast they type/how powerful there characters are" thing. Oh and the no-leetspeak/type well rule is also very nice. =]

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Helgrid is a tauren hunter from a small village on the outskirts of the tauren plains.
He always felt more inclined to keep moveing, than to stay in one place permanitly.
He was born with the heart of a hunter, constantly on the move, waiting for that next
kill. But he was born with a great respect for nature, and never killed for the fun of it.
He used all he took from the earth, and despised thouse who didnt.

There was a small army of centaurs and goblin-kind that amassed with one goal in mind,
destroying the tauren capital of Thunder Bluff. The tauren cheiftan sent out a calling
for all warriors and soldiers to come and fight for there people! When word of this got to
Helgrids ears, he imidatly said his goodbyes and left for the capital. With nothing but
his trusty fire arm. When he got to the city, he was greeted by the gaurds. He said
"I'm here to fight for my people!", the larger gaurd said "Welcome Brother!". Witch is a
saying not to be taken lightly. For if someone of no blood relation calls you there kin,
they respect you a great deal. Helgrid was pleased by this, and so he marched forth to
meet his cheif for the very first time.

The walk seemed longer than is should, but this could be cause Helgrid was eager,
and very much waiting intill he could defend his home plains. As Helgrid aproached the
cheif, he started to lower his head in a sigh of respect. The chief than replied to this
"Raise your head, for you are a proud warrior of the Tauren", and so Helgrid did. He was
given a short profile of the situation, and then was handed a backpack of rations and other
field equitment, then was sent on his way to the war camp. The commander in charge
gave him a important duty, Gaurd duty. He was to stay on wath for enamy movements,
constantly, only resting for sleep. Helgrid did his duty with pride, and joy of finaly doing
something for his nation.

One day, a few weeks after Helgrid got posted, he noticed a line of movement on the
horizon. Once he got a better look, he knew it was the enamy. He imidatly sent
word to his commander via carrier hawk, and was told to lead a small suprise attack
from the flank. Then the main army would charge the front, geting them in hand to hand
combat.

Helgrid amassed his warriors and loaded his gun, he then knelt onto the hard dirt of the
land and aimed for the highest ranking officer in range. When the army was well in range
Helgrid yelled "ATTACK!" and let out the most frightning, blood-freazing battle cry anyone
of the goblins or centaurs ever heard. Then he pulled back the trigger of his musket and
felled a commander. Then he ran into close combat weilding his gun as a club, he kept
smashing in goblin skulls with it, intill he broke it across a centaurs face. Then he picked
up two battle axes from near by corpses and dual wielded then to great effect.

When the battle seemed over, he noticed a goblin sniper aiming right for his commanding
officer, and without hesitation he lept infront of the bullet. It lodged itself right in his chest,
and instead of falling to the ground, Helgrid just let out a nother battle cry and charged the sniper.

When all was said and done that day, the Taurens had one, with very few causualtys.
Helgrid was thanked by both his commander, and the chieftan himself, and they both
asked him to stay in the army and lead the whole ranged division. Helgrid simply said
"I am sorry, but I cannot do as you ask. I am a hunter, and I must go where the hunt
takes me" and with that he was given a legendary gun used by the first tauren marksman.
Helgrid of coarse took this weapon with gratitude, but never uses it. Instead Helgrid
fixed his very first gun that broke in the battle, and continues to use it today. He also
kept his two battle axes, and uses them if he needs. And that brings us to now..
Where he is as he said "going where the hunt takes him"..

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, but thanks for the offer. ^^

Well I got a rather unsettleing private message, and I want to say if I
"grammer-nazied"? Not my intention, and I'm not even sure what it means. Well, if I did
"nazi "my grammer I'm sorry. And if my grammer is the reason you dont accept me, please let me know. I'll really work hard at improveing it to the best of my abilities. ^^