Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kelborn's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

While I have never actually participated in a P&P session, my RP habits are heavily derived from years of playing on private servers in both Neverwinter Nights and its sequel. I am not entirely sure how you fellows handle calculating the results of IC actions (*fails his /roll to recall that information because his Lore skill is far too inadequate :P) but I am certainly open to other styles of less rigidly codified play. If my harrowing time spent learning that complicated protocol has imparted any worthwhile knowledge, it is that maturity will overcome all such obstacles. We, as niche players, are all ultimately more interested in compelling events than the narrow self-interest you would see in a wider base.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I live in the UK, specifically Scotland, though I am originally from California and may play from the PST time-zone if I return there for the summer. English is quite naturally my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I had actually never played any of the preceding Warcraft titles when I first bought WoW at the urging of a school mate, and indeed it was initially intended only to occupy my time until the release of Middle Earth Online. I was pleasantly surprised to find a decidedly massive and unimaginably diverse canvas for RP which truly dwarfs any other MMO medium available!

What made you seek our server over others?:

A thoroughly dreadful experience when I recently resubscribed with the intention to try a retail RP server. I was greeted with a few lovely expletives from the first fellow Level 1's that I attempted to converse with and so promptly logged off; a comparable reception on four further servers led me to cancel my subscription and again turn to private groups.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

While I can appreciate the subtle nuances of idle dialogue, especially so as a means for character development, I generally prefer interacting with large numbers of people with varying agendas and perceptions. If I wanted to purse my goals with 100% chance of success, they would remain little more than a fantasy with no life of its own. That life, manifesting as both adversity and unexpected fortune, is what provides truly enjoyable conversation and actions.

More specifically, private RP of this nature opens that interaction to scale possible nowhere else - I have read through the server Lore, and see that the often ridiculous nature of the MMO model can be circumvented and even moulded into something grand. I am already drooling over the ongoing progress in the Echo Isles...!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

The various tribes of Trolls have always fascinated me, largely owing to their culture and historical significance as essentially the great humanoid race which has fallen from its ancient zenith. As for a class, I actually find the mythos of Warcraft Druids to be far richer than D&D's or any other work of fiction. Their endless resourcefulness and supernatural nature often makes for compelling stories.

What are your expectations of this server?:

That I am able to further explore and affect the World of Warcraft with kindred spirits. A tall order, perhaps, but I think it is the wish of all who were awestruck by Azeroth and then crushed by the realities of retail MMO structure. Blizzard gave us the canvas, but only a few tools that ultimately accomplished nothing. Now we have got our hands on the brushes and shall see what we can make of it...

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

It might seem daftly obvious, but I should say the mandatory RP requirement for all players. We congregate on this server to feel immersed and there is little commendable to be said for someone who intrudes on our fun with the intent to blatantly destroy the efforts of GMs and other story tellers in creating this universe.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"So it is foretold, so it shall be."

The priest was released from her trance and crumpled to the ground. Attendants rushed to her side and carried her broken form from the room, the sacred fire suddenly waning and returning the hut's occupants to the present.

Goraja spoke first.

"You know now why I have summoned you." He rose from his crouch and moved to the pit which had seen them across the vast ocean, into the frozen wastes. "If we ignore this vision, it is to the peril of all life."

His visitor sighed. The massive Tauren gave a silent prayer to the Earth Mother and poked idly at the smouldering coals that whispered of his children's death. "The Horde is frail, old friend. Our breath is now as laboured as any elder beast which knows predators are beginning to sense its weakness."

The Troll spat in response. "I know what you would say, but the Warchief's folly may be reversed. His allies," Goraja emphasising his disdain with a growl, "are those that would bring about such doom. We allow the Warsong defilers to fell entire forests with the greediness of craven Dwarves, we offer open support to legions of the undead scourge, and while such a perverse end would be a fitting punishment for this madness, our people and this sacred land may not be abandoned so quickly!"

Mokka had known the Shaman for many years and should not have been surprised by his furor, but even he could not have expected such open criticism of Thrall by a respected Darkspear. "I have long asked for the rape of Ashenvale to cease, you know this. Do not saddle me with the blame of that forest's torment!" Recovering, his thoughts ran to other members of his order who had attempted to destroy the vast mills which now ravaged the northern glades. "There...there is a man with whom we must consult. He will know of this new plague and how it might be cut down before seeding our doom."

Goraja smiled with the grim satisfaction of having overcome only the first of many challenges ahead. The Druid would take him to the council of his order, and he would finally make his case...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

A simple note of thanks will suffice, I think. I am intimately familiar with how much effort is expended in maintaining and enriching this sort of portal. :D