Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Otherial's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I have been an avid roleplayer on the retail version of the game for going on four years. I also used to roleplay on forum based sites as well as play Dungeons and Dragons.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

My primary language is English, but I am also conversational in Korean. I am an American by birth.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I was introduced by a friend of mine back in high school showing off his antics in and around the Scarlet Monastery as well as a guild he ran as an evangelical detachment running out of Stormwind as a recruitment tool as well as general defense against the undead encroaching from Duskwood.

After seeing that I purchased the game and joined in the fun shortly thereafter.

What made you seek our server over others?:

A player from a guild I was a part of was preaching how awesome the roleplay is on this server and invited myself and another player to fill out introductions and give this server a try.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy Tavern roleplay as well as scenario and action/adventure based roleplay. I tend to gravitate towards being the middle aged to old man in the group.

What is your favorite race/class?

Favorite race in WoW would have to be human, I love the idea of humans being the youngest and shortest lived race but still achieving world changing and legendary feats and status in the comparably short amount of time they are alive.

Favorite class would be the priest. I love having someone who I believe is the ideal political adviser or is just as easily able to be the dark zealot simply by changing the viewpoint and particular walk the priest takes in his lifetime.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect to make some new friends and to be a part of and witness some amazing stories I wouldn't be able to find elsewhere.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I love that maturity is a prerequisite for admission into the server. I have seen more than my fair share of the opposite live side.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A young man closed a freshly bound tomb and rubbed his temples wearily. His studies have taken him from the early morning to nearly night without so much as a break to make use of the cesspool.
"My eyes are killing me... May I be excused for a few moments?" The man asked with an irritated sigh.

"You may leave only if you can tell me what makes the trolls able to utilize the light in a similar manner as our own priesthood..." An older grizzled man spoke up with the discipline and patience of someone who has mentored many a young priest of the light.

The young man squirmed in his chair and stood up and looked around the room for anything that would jar his near recollection of the trolls spiritual methods.

"Today Timothy!" The instructor said with slightly less patience than his initial query as if contemplating imparting some of his own discipline upon the student.

" The Trolls do not actually use the light in the casting of their spells. the trolls commune with the spirits of their ancestors for them to bestow similar effects upon their patients and enemies as the light would when we cast our own spells. They also use ingredients found in the jungle as well as the remains of their ancestors in ceremonies and worship whereas we do not partake in such barbarism during our communion and worship." Timothy spoke with a sudden unexpected certainty that surprised both himself and his instructor.

" Very well. You may take a break, be back here in 30 minutes to complete today's lesson and you will be released until tomorrow morning." The instructor said to the young priest before standing from is seat opposite Timothy taking his leave from the room.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

The policy is that I am able to make an account and start playing in the meantime while this is in the approval process? I have seen that on the front page and the thread itself but I have also seen information to the contrary.