Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ledge's Intro.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

Well, I'm a casual player, and a college student. (Currently on Summer break, but still.) I've RPed on Retail WoW for about two years, before things happened, and my money was drained...Now, I'm suckling the bottom of the barrel, using a Laptop of my mom's which is a Stock Wal-mart type rig...Aka, Not the top of the line performance, but enough to play WoW. I'm not sure what else would really be Relevant as of now.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)
I live in the US (Currently, Anyway...Aspirations to move to Canada though.) And my Primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Soon after I got my first computer, I start looking into online games, played Guildwars for a bit, then realized I had parential expendable income, thus, I started to play WoW (About 4 Years ago, going on 5, to date...At least I think...My Memory is a terrible thing. I started a good two-three months before BC was released...I think.) Soon after getting to 50 or so on a Normal server, I dabbled onto an RP server (Originally Kirin Tor) Found out just how much I loved RP, and never looked back.

What made you seek our server over others?: Well, it was one of the few, if not only RP servers I could find. Not only that, the code of conduct seems like it'll be held pretty tightly, due to the all the pre-cautions of entry.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
I love group and guild Roleplay the best, I've found thus far. I love being apart of something. I love some action, but I'm really not too much of a fan of RP fighting, it always seems to end with someone aggravated OOCly.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'd have to say...Well, To play, I love Tauren, (I promise, my furry background has nothing to do with the choice.) I just love their Traditional Native American type background, as for class though, I'd have to lean towards the Rogue...I've always been the type to like being able to escape a fight unharmed.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm expecting that I'll be able to find Roleplay without digging for it...For you seem, I'm a rather shy fellow...And, Not the type to stick my neck out a lot...So, in the past it's been troublesome to find Roleplay, unless I was dragged into it, or requested into it. (Which I do LOVE just roaming, and have a random event occur in which I'm shoved into a Roleplay. It always made my day.)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)
The "Knowing when to quit" Ruling...I've played countless characters which, can, and have been rather...Rude...And socially unattractive people. But OOC people I've met have been amazing how much of a nice, easy going guy I am OOC...Some have taken my character and mixed it thinking it's how I, myself am...It get's rather annoying.
I also liked the "Humility" guideline...I'm a fan of being the side character, not being in the spot-light, I hate to see people battle for it though, having their stories get dumber and dumber, simply because they're trying to keep the spotlight. (I've seen a love story in which Character1 fell for Character2, then Character3 fell for 2 as well...1 and 2 became a couple, so, 3 found a way to make them break up...The couple rekindled later, then 3 was instantly pregnant...Soon after, I stopped RPing with the entire lot, because it just became rediculous, to point of player death's.)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Ronica stomped on the glistening floor of Silvermoon City, forehead wrinkled with aggravation, eyes wide and roaring with anger as her hands clinched her bright red dress, nails almost driving into it. Her stare at Ross had grown venmous, as he stood, shaken with fear, the gold white and red of the Sunspire glistening through the foutian directly behind him.

"How dare you pull me away from him like that."

Her teeth now starting to grind as the Hunter in front of her flinched, looking weary, pondering what to do if her rage were to expel. "Well...You see..." His voice was proper, yet frail sounding.
"I-I didn't want you to kill him-"
Ronica snapped, with a deep hatred obviously rising through her voice. "I can kill whoever I damn well Please!" She shouted, singeing the sides of her dress where her hands had started to bear.

Ross took a step back at the sight of this, almost as if her voice were bellowing flames, and he was simply evading the fire. "Well...I-I...I know what he's done...But, if you had harmed him-" Her left eye starting to twitch, the vixen looking almost literally ready to explode. He took a moment to pause. "If you had harmed him, We'd have the entire Shadow Court against us...You already know the power of their Tyranny."

At the end of his statement, Ronica inhaled, holding back her breath a moment, releasing her dress, her stalkings underneath showing, as she let her hands fall limp at her sides. She then exhaled and said "I'm going to burn that guild to the ground, All of it, every last bit, every single molecule, every bit of fur, every strand of hair!" As she spoke, her words fell on Ross' ear's like acid, small glowing flames fell from her hands and extinguished before hitting the floor.

"Rooonnn-eeeee-Kaaaaa!" a small screeching voice squeaked in the distance, seeming to draw ever closer.

Ronica turned to see her smaller than usual Imp making a mad dash for her, reaching her, then hugging to her leg. "Ron-E-Ka, The big furry one is coming!" Looking up from her Imp, her eyes seem to contract, her shoulders going limp, Her face seemed as if all the pent up anger she had just attempted to released, had swollen back up, and her fuse had burned out...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

The only thing I'd like to add would be...I hope I can get three vouchers. x.x -So Antisocial.-

Also, is there any definite server norms for RP? Such as...Everyone uses (()) for OOC, over [[]], or the like...I'd particually like to know for battles...I've seen notes about rolling, but...Just curious if there's a set system going.
Ledge Wrote:The only thing I'd like to add would be...I hope I can get three vouchers. x.x -So Antisocial.-
Don't worry about it to much. You will be rewarded for good RP in time. The best way to get vouches is to forget about them and focus on your roleplay.

Quote:Also, is there any definite server norms for RP? Such as...Everyone uses (()) for OOC, over [[]], or the like...I'd particually like to know for battles...I've seen notes about rolling, but...Just curious if there's a set system going.
Regarding OOC chat, take a look at the policy here. OOC generally shouldn't go in the IC /say channel, but if it does, we use ((these)) brackets. Spelling corrections and short discussions regarding IC events go in LookingForGroup, so realistically the ((OOC brackets)) should almost never be used anyway.

As far as battles go, there is no strict policy regarding this and it is agreed upon by the players involved, but there is a common way of handling combat. Generally, you /roll to see who goes first, then /roll to see if you hit or not. You both agree beforehand how many HP you have and whether or not criticals are used. Generally, you get between 3 and 6 HP, regular attacks do 1HP damage and critical do 2HP damage. You emote your attack, both roll to see if it hit, the defender emotes how they got hit or evaded the attack, the defender counterattacks, etc.

Welcome to the server.