Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As per sticky instruction, here we go. I hope to have the pleasure of roleplaying with you in the future!

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a player, I am most intrigued by my own imagination and creativity, as opposed to the bounds of a particular game. I enjoy the story of a game most of all, which is why I was drawn to World of Warcraft. I like playing my character as I think they should in whatever situation they are in. What would they think at this particular moment, how would they react, etc. I enjoy roleplaying, whether by myself, with a few others, or a crowd of people. For me, it represents somewhat of a challenge, and stimulates my own creativity.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm Korean, living in the United States; English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A couple of ways. Before I knew about the game, me and some friends back in high school played Ultima Online. We grew tired of the regular servers, and instead turned to free shards (similar to how it is, now). We came across a shard named "Eternal Myst," which was strictly RP-enforced. We had no idea what roleplaying was at the time, but me and my best friend were really into writing fiction. We eventually submitted our own character backgrounds, and were accepted on a trial basis. From that point, a seed of curiosity grew within ourselves, which quickly sprouted to a love for roleplaying. Eventually, another friend showed me WC3: Reign of Chaos, which we started to really get into. We even remade new characters in EM, using Furion and Cenarius as our names. After we graduated high school, we eventually lost interest in Ultima, and went on off to college (the Navy, in his case). WoW was released a year or two before, and my roommate introduced the game to me (which surprisingly, I didn't know about), and the roleplaying came back. Three years later, I sit here and I've tired of paying $15 dollars a month. On and off of the game, I've recently started reading warcraft novels, and my passion has renewed... And here I am. :]

What made you seek our server over others?:
Reasons stated above for my leave of the regular servers. I googled "world of warcraft roleplaying shards," which turned out some item in the game. I tried out "free rp wow" and came to a top 100 list which contained this website. I haven't seen much of a display for the RP community, so I've decided to give this my first (and hopefully last) look.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy the spontaneous variety. I tend to avoid tavern style RP, although when I'm bored I'm always open to it. I prefer RP that comes of its own accord, rather than being invited to a specific event or locale. One of my favorite moments was while I was walking through the entrance of the Undercity, and was stopped by a traveling tauren seeking information about this eery, distant land. It turned out to be an hour long conversation, which caught the attention of others in the area, who eagerly tried to join in. It turned out that he was looking for the right realm for RP, and he decided to stay based on our interaction.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I don't really have a favorite race or class, because I'm always open to new and different things. If I had to choose, one would be a orc warrior/shaman. This could be because I'm reading Lord of the Clans right now, and I feel that they are one of the proudest races to exist on Azeroth, with a colorful history. Rogues are fun for me, as I've always enjoyed shadowy characters that only aimed to further their own ambitions, could blend into darkness, etc.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope that it's a respectable environment, filled with creative thinkers and great, solid roleplaying. I hope the staff and GMs are attentive, do their best to better the server, and still make time to enjoy the fruit of their creation.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The topic of humility stood out, as I've seen most of the other rules in various places. Good RP, I believe, focuses not on just yourself, but on the community as a whole. With the integration of everyone's stories and goals, everyone can achieve what they want, in a sense. It's important to think objectively, not subjectively. (Hope I didn't mix those up, lol.)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Grudok stared out at the open plains of the Barrens, enthralled by the sight. He had lived many years in this wide expanse of land; nevertheless, the simple beauty never ceased to amaze him. His nostrils took in the crisp, clean air, which flew cooly over his hardened features. He had obviously been in his share of battles, his green skin scarred and weathered from the sometimes harsh elements. These elements he understood well, as he was trained in the ways of the shaman from a young age. He held respect and understanding for the elements, able to ask each aspect for it's power. Not at all unproficient with axe or spear, he wielded those with as much skill. Many a time in battle, he was forced to use both weapon and magic to defeat those who would do him harm. He thought back a couple of weeks, his mind clearly forming a picture.

It was a calm night, and the fire was warm against the cool winds. He saw Grashka, his mate, looking back at him. Her beauty had never faded in all the years they were together, and seemed to grow each day that passed. She smiled at him, rubbing her belly softly. A child was growing inside he remembered, a thought that brought a feeling of immense pride in Grudok. His emotion soon vanished as a twig snapped in his near proximity. They were far from any outpost, and he was not expecting guests. He leapt from the log upon which he sat, instinctively grabbing for the axe on his side. Before he could wrap his fingers around the hilt, they were on him.

Quillboars, one of the numerous enemies of the orcs, had surrounded them. Before Grudok or his mate could react, a blade struck Grashka from behind, piercing deeply in her chest. Grudok stared, unable to believe what had just occurred. "Grashka!! Nooo!!!" A red haze entered his vision, and he roared with such force that the other quillboars momentarily faltered in their strike. With beastial brutality, Grudok unlatched the axe from his side and ripped into the quillboar closest to him, neatly cutting it in two. The quillboars, struck from their stupor, charged him. Deftly evading a stab from a dagger, he jumped back, giving himself some room between his enemies. Calling upon the spirit of the Earth, he felt the solidity and strength of the element coursing within him. Another roar escaped his jaws, and he met the quillboars head on. They fell like flies beneath his bone-crushing strikes, until only one remained. This quillboar, having seen its comrades slain so quickly, dropped its blade and ran as quickly as its hooves permitted. With deathly precision, Grudok reared back his arm and launched the axe into the back of the fleeing coward. It struck hard, launching the quillboar another few feet until it slid to its death. Grudok ran over to Grashka, his bloodlust finally appeased. He crumbled onto his knees next to his mate, seeing that she had been killed instantly from the strike. Raising his arms to the sky, he screamed until he could not anymore, tears streaming from his eyes.

A squawk of an eagle overhead jarred Grudok from his painful memory. If only he could have saved her... A deep sigh erupted from his chest, and he started walking. In the distance he sighted the barbed thorns of a quillboar den. It would take a couple of hours to reach, if he continued his pace. His judgement told him that taking on that many foes alone was foolish, but he had the power of the elements at his side. He only hoped that they would aid him in this venture. If they did not, he would avenge Grashka with skill alone.

Or die trying.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'd like to thank you for the opportunity to write something, as it has been far too long. Regardless of the outcome, I hope you enjoyed this introduction as much as I enjoyed writing it. :]
Fantastic introduction! I can't wait to hear more from you IG!

Welcome to the Server!