Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The rantings of a newb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hiya, I am a 23 year old male human specimen from the Midwest area of North America. I love to roleplay, whether it be in a video game, a chat IM, or at a table. I like to play D&D and I'm branching out, trying to play different tabletop games lately. This server seems very roleplay centric and that's why I joined. Hopefully, I can get on board the home-brewed lore and be a valuable part of your universe.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
America. English. Not a difficult question.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I don't actually remember, but I do know that I am a big supporter of the Sentinels realm. I started horde side with a troll priest named Grapthar. He joined a guild called Proven, and I have never found a more friendly, thoroughly RP centric guild. That fact has had me slowly moving away from WoW, but I hope this server turns me back onto it.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I don't know. I did a search, got you, and you look on the up-and-up. After reading through some threads, I can say this is the kind of place I could get into.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
A good long story. A soap opera almost, but with far less drama. I like to be the average guy. The adventurer with an almost normal past. I love realism (or as close as I can get to it in a different world)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human. Why? I don't know. Stormwind is just so nice. I *am* a human, I guess. After that, I'd say Troll. Fav. Class? Well, Fighter is the only class I have gotten anywhere near lvl 50. Rouge and Warlock just don't appeal to me. I've just never been good at grinding I guess.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To find a good roleplay haven and a good home for some characters I have.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The fact that they are enforced unlike other free servers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Alright well... I'll tell you about the character I played on Sentinels the most. He was a human warrior named Kenlure.

Kenlure was the son of a merchant father and a priestess mother. She pushed him to be a healer, and his father wanted him to take over the store, but Ken wanted adventure. He joined the Alliance and was whisked away to many a place and battle. He eventually joined a guild filled with Night Elves. They taught Kenlure many things about nature and the elves history. Kenlure loved to learn. He fell in love with one of his guildmates, and before they were married he disappeared. A month later he returned a new man. He had been teleported to a distant island, far from any thing charted on any map. It turns out his uncle was an explorer, and was in fact not as dead as everybody thought. He had brought Kenlure here with the help of a small sect of wizards to help them. They needed a man pure of heart, and after trying very desperately to find one, they decided on Ken.

Kenlure had to be the force of balance against a choas dragon that had taken the island and its people as its own. The wizards told Kenlure his fight would be long and hard, and that they were sorry for taking him from his home. Kenlure was sure a gentle soul that he agreed to help them very quickly. After a lot of training and an epic battle, Kenlure was sent home with a spirit of Balance within him. Over time he learned to harness its power and cast a few spells.

And so on. It was a long time ago this all took place and I'm not quite sure of what happened after. I'd rather not ramble on and on.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Thank you for the opportunity to roleplay in WoW again.
You took my name!

Just kidding. Welcome to the server, bro!
Heeeey! Nice to meet another fan of the word Monolith.

Sorry. I used to go by Arx Monolith, but well, I'm not sure why I changed it to 'Lord'. Sorry if I stole your thunder.
Why can't I create a server account yet? Still says I have to post an intro.

:? :? :? :?
Yes, I like the word Monolith. I usually go by FireMonolith myself :P

And give it a few minutes.
Har har! You've been outranked.

Welcome aboard, matey. Yarr.