Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Net_Creator, Myerriel, Faelana.. who other?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm known as a large variety of things (not excluding explicit names - not self-given), but my most common name was "Net_Creator." Hopefully, none of you have heard of me. My other, second most 'well-known' name was "Myerriel." If you know who I am, you "know too much" - and you probably know the consequences for knowing too much. If you don't, I can't tell you- I don't know them.
I've been around in the role playing community for a good few years now - and in the gaming community for a few more years than that. My first most memorable game that I had ever popped out was the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64, and I can't remember how old I was at the time for the life of me.
After that, I experienced Battle.net.. and my life was turned entirely upside-down, flipped inside-out, and I was totally changed.. into a techie.
Currently a home-brew technical support 'agent', a multimedia designer, self-taught programmer, and server developer, I've got a few projects being juggled back and forth on my hands at mostly any given time. Don't be surprised if you find yourself in an emotion peak in role play and something comes up for me.. because that would be too much surprise, let down, and other 'stuff.'

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the United States of America (which state is 'classified' information) and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft I: Orcs and Humans was the first Blizzard game I played - and it got my into their cycle.

What made you seek our server over others?:
That's got an awkward answer. I heard about Kretol from a contact of mine and my interest was sparked. Imagine it 'snowballing' from there.

What kinds of role play do you enjoy?:
My favorite style of role play is 'classic' pen and paper Dungeons and Dragons role play in a campaign with a Dungeon Master doing whatever the Dungeon Master happens to throw at me (and the rest of my group). In advance, I'm usually the healer.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I don't particularly have a favorite race (and that's not for any particular reason), although my most played race would be the Draenei (because of my Avatar character). My favorite class is the Cleric, although I'll secondary as a Druid now and then. You probably get the picture- I'm a support, be it technical support, magical healing support, or any of that support (including emotional support and failed comedy relief.) I can't exactly explain why that is: I never have been able to. It's just "what I do."

What are your expectations of this server?:
Kretol is my expectation. I'll probably have to leave that to you, the reader, to decide what it could mean. I honestly can't explain it in my native language. You're very 'lucky' if you have the ability to portray, express, or communicate all of your feelings and thoughts with the English language. I lack that ability.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Out of every rule that Conquest of the Horde has that I've reviewed personally, my favorite would be the 'tolerance' rule and it appeals to me. I can't recall how many times that I've been dealing with something that's just down-right frustrating. Tolerance is a very necessary attribute in people.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Here's an excerpt from one of my writings:
Quote:The rain was falling. The large field was beginning to grow drenched. The grassy land had softened under the man's feet as he walked to the tent.

On the other side of the vast plains was an encampment of the innumerable opposing force.
The sky, darkened by clouds foreshadowing war, was a sight to be marveled at were it not for the unavoidable and uncountable deaths to come.

Just barely below the clouds, a group of hungry vultures was ever so slightly visible circling about, as if in wait.

In the camp that held the man—large yet despairingly small in comparison to the other on the opposing side of the plains—the men prepared for battle. Sword and axe wielders swung their weapons, pikes men jabbed theirs forward and back, and the archers checked their bows while the spell weavers of the camp played with summoned fire and the like.

The thunder clapped as the constantly darkening clouds above began to pour out their rain all the more ferociously. The vultures above slowly circled lower, not daring to come too close after one was shot down with an archer's arrow.

A strike of lightning smote the ground, burning and drying - yet not for long - a damp spot of the ground, and lighting up the whole field, which momentarily unmasked the face of the foes.

Yet such an occurrence would pose a question. Were they the only enemies?

Then, a war cry was heard, and the innumerable force ran towards the encampment, lead by a terrible thing - a devil, in the least to be said.

Man after man was slaughtered, and the spell weavers were quickly being drained of their strength.
The one man was fighting with this devil. They both sported inhuman speeds and reflexes that terrified others, keeping a clear five-foot circle around the two and their separate fight.

Magic glared and sprung up on both sides, only to be quickly dampened and put out by the other fighter.
Finally, this devil landed a strike on the man's shoulder, and he was rendered to his knees from the force of the blow. Just as the devil reared up his weapon to strike, one more fateful flash of light shone.

That flash was disregarded by the devil as lightning, but everyone else on the field knew otherwise, and struggled all the harder to fight on.

Up in the sky was a blazing pendant. It hovered above the devil and the man and flashed once more. Instantly, the devil was smote and reared back, dropping the weapon from his hand, clutching his chest, and crying out to the sky.

The vision slipped away and grew smaller very quickly as Faíolin faded from sleep.
I'll admit that it wasn't my best work ever written.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I just got back from watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, and my mind is totally blown out of proportion- kind of like what it's like when you've just witnessed an exceptional role play. Timestamp: it's 5:03 AM now. It was 2:30 AM when I got back.
*nudges Kretol with her elbow suggestively*
Quote:Kretol is my expectation.

(>,>)
(<,<)

Uuh... welcome?
El Oh El!

Uh, welcome to the server!
The plot thickens!
Quote:Hopefully, none of you have heard of me.

I've heard of you! :wink:
...!

/tackles!
Weren't you supposed to be the disciplinary GM on Azshara?
Whoever he is, I think Kretol just got lucky! *wink wink*