Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cross-faction roleplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
New poll time! This time around, concerning cross-faction roleplay.
I believe it should be regulated, as I don't want a Belf and Nelf being the bestest friends evar!...It's not right! They HATE each other's guts and want the other to DIE horribly! But, I mean, maybe having them...agree to disagree wouldn't be that bad.

But you already know what I think...And that's my cheap two cents in.
It -really- depends on the race and gender. I can see a tauren getting along with a night elf perfectly, peaceful and all. I'm suprised they aren't allies with each other instead of Horde/Alliance.

Blood elves and Night elves, not a chance, never, ever, ever.

Orcs and humans(Eastern Kingdom), see above.

It depends on the race, but at -this- point in time. We should beat it with a.. something. Stormwind has declared war on the Horde, it depends on what the rest do. But right now, Cross-faction should be -very- limited if it's peaceful.
Cross faction roleplay shouldn't be policed because it basicly cuts the player base in half for everyone to roleplay with.

Granted the Horde and Alliance arn't the best of buddys by no means, but when you arn't able to talk to the other faction without them going for your neck, it makes it difficult to create a story.
As of now, the perdicament that I'm in is finding a way to get the Alliance to leave the Elwynn region so that I can do horrible things to them, that's all I ever wanted ::Puppy dog eyes::

However it's done however, no cross faction or allowed cross faction roleplay, there will undoubtebly be the hot spot area to sit down at the tavern and talk. The choice of these two options merely translates into where that hot spot will be.

No cross faction intermingling, half the player base in Kalidmor and half the playerbase in the Eastern Kingdoms.

Cross faction intermingling, gathering at one place, a conversation with those blasted elfs and then the storyline of me stalking and breathing down the elf's neck can go forth!

Edit : There will be the occasional player who dosen't know race relations, and when that occurs IG I just make fun of them IC for being a mindless, forgetful twit of what that race did to wrong them.
Other: Elaboration - Yes.
Switzerlanded.
I believe that given sufficient reason and story etc. ANY racial boundary, even in Azeroth, can eventually be broken down. Take Tirion Fordring and Eitrigg for example. An Orc and Human that started out hating each other and fighting, but then because of certain events, that all changed. It's really... as offensive as it can be in a fictional world, to say that one race can -never- get along with another race.

I don't think cross-faction roleplay should be regulated, but I do think that racial attitudes are a huge factor in this kind of thing, and that people should think for a while before being super-friendly with people their race would "normally" hate, but anything is possible.
Okay, so. . . I haven't read any of the comments or anything else, so if I have repeated it then oh well. :D Still my opinion.

I think that there are certain circumstances where peaceful Roleplay can occur; Night Elves and Tauren really being the only one that are quite peaceful with each other. But I have seen way to much Nelf on Orc/Troll/Belf sexual action for comfort. I mean, especially with the lore that has been happening and the events that are occurring I don't see much reason for people to be lovey dovey on each other.

Mind you, I don't mind a special case every now and again, but when. . . EVERY FRIGGIN' PERSON WANTS TO BE OPEN AND FREE WITH THE OPPOSITE FACTION WHEN THEY STATE IN THEIR HISTORY THAT THEY FAUGHT/THEIR FAMILY DIED FROM THE OPPOSITE FACTION THEN JESUS CHRIST IT GIVES ME A HEADACHE. I don't think people think enough about their characters/' actions.

But. . . that is for another post.

All in all, I think that we shouldn't have to be regulated with RP, but if people don't take in consideration everything that is going on around them, then hell. . . maybe we should.
ulteo29 Wrote:I don't think cross-faction roleplay should be regulated, but I do think that racial attitudes are a huge factor in this kind of thing, and that people should think for a while before being super-friendly with people their race would "normally" hate, but anything is possible.
Indeed. There appears to be a trend here of favouring a view of active players as representative of the entire IC population - we should endeavour to keep in mind that each individual speaks only for himself. Their personal activities do not herald a wave of social change that affects other players in any way.

Of course, those players who do choose to engage in 'unusual' behaviour must also take heed of the fact that they risk alienating their traditional allies and incurring the wrath of less...forgiving members of the other faction! I would certainly assure you that my Troll Shaman would be as likely to eviscerate as scold an Orc who threw down his arms and embraced Dwarven defilers... :D
Making a Policy for cross faction role play would have to be one of the dumbest ideas that could ever be implied ever. Not only would it be extremely ooc to force players to act a certain way (even if its based off lore) its rp killing. So what if a night elf and a blood elf are bestest best friends ever. That doesn't hurt anyone and anyone who gets pissed off because they see something like that seriously needs to take a look in the mirror and see that they are being extremely controlling, narrow minded, and in my eyes very immature.

We are all here to roleplay, if you see something IC that you don't like then keep it Ic. Making posts on the forums about how wrong it is that a night elf and a blood elf can get along just makes the server look like a bunch of ass holes and makes it look like that everyone not focusing on having fun but focusing on the world being their way. Its Role PLAYING! the second word of it is PLAYING which implies that its not ment to be taken seriously. Everyone is here to have their own story, to have their own fun and at the end of the day they just want to sit back with a smile on their face glad that they were able to enjoy a day of roleplaying. All these forum posts where some of the server sitting back judging what other people do for fun just labels the guy making the posts as an ass hole.

" But its lore brakeing that the tauren didnt eat the gnome the second he saw him! QQ"
MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN LORE!
If you are worried about what someone else character is doing, then I think you are rping for the wrong reason. Focus on being enjoyable and enjoying those around you and maybe it wont bother you so much that two characters who have nothing to do with you are getting along.
It really can depend on the individuals; sure, a Space goat shouldn't ever even consider enjoying a tea party with a Greenskin, but why couldn't a Belf and Dwarf get together over a bottle, talking about their times serving together in the Second War? Never mind legitimate trade exchanges (Forsaken medical experimentation could have given wonderfull insight to curing the radioactive leper Gnomes).

As far as the War, as has been stated, Varian can really only speak for the Kingdom of Stormwind; and how much war has he declared? Some would argue that the Blood Elves and Forsaken are Horde in Name Only (not that I would consider Stormwind likely to be on good terms with either of them, but the point stands).
Quote:" But its lore brakeing that the tauren didnt eat the gnome the second he saw him! QQ"
MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN LORE!
If you are worried about what someone else character is doing, then I think you are rping for the wrong reason. Focus on being enjoyable and enjoying those around you and maybe it wont bother you so much that two characters who have nothing to do with you are getting along.

By this logic, you can have all the vampire/half-demon etc. you want as long as you're "just having fun."

I thought your argument was wonderful until you posted that. This server is run off of altered Warcraft lore, like it or not. That means certain things, and if characters or events are -blatantly- against lore we do not want them here, nor will we allow them to linger here.
Kaghuros Wrote:
Quote:" But its lore brakeing that the tauren didnt eat the gnome the second he saw him! QQ"
MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN LORE!

By this logic, you can have all the vampire/half-demon etc. you want as long as you're "just having fun."

I thought your argument was wonderful until you posted that. This server is run off of altered Warcraft lore, like it or not. That means certain things, and if characters or events are -blatantly- against lore we do not want them here, nor will we allow them to linger here.

I think that's taking it out of context. It might have sounded like it was too general and could be applied to everything but it's clear to me that he's speaking on the topic of cross faction RP. I have similar views to him and agree that it is feesable with sufficient reasoning behind it. In no way should this sort of RP be policed. I think that that undermines the introduction, character profile and vouching system. My logic behind this is that these systems asses a players maturity and as a result people should be more trusted to make their own RP rather than have their RP policed upon them. This does -not- mean I advocate bad RP in any sense but I do advocate creative freedom in a RP envoiroment so long as it is within reason and is not bothering others.

As long as it's done properly and has good reason behind it and isn't ridiculous in the sense that you end up with a Night Elf and a Blood Elf making Blight Elf babies I'm all for any player that wants to indulge in cross faction RP. It's something that's absolutely fine by me. ^^

That's my view anyway! Time to go grab breakfast!

-V <3
I'm just going to throw out my views here, repeated or not, heh.

To be honest, I'm not against cross faction roleplay at all, but really there should be a fairly good reason for it if it's friendly. For example the usual Draenei wouldn't talk with an Orc. They just wouldn't, and I've seen it several times and it makes me cringe. There really needs to be a reason. Furthermore (this is just an example mind you), there couldn't possibly be a good reason for Draenei liking Orcs and Blood Elves seeing as any Draenei played by players (no pun intended), HAS been affected by them someway or another.

Another example: My Orc hates Humans. Why? Because he was born in the interment camps and saw what the Humans did to his people. Does he hate Night Elves? Not as much as Humans. Night Elves haven't done anything to -him-, considering he hasn't even set foot in Ashenvale. The only contact he had with Elves before I played the character was the Third War where he fought -alongside- them. Not to say he likes them much, but he'd rather have the company of Elves than 'pinkskins'.

Not saying my example is perfect, but it should be reasons like those really. Simply saying "but he's open minded!" is not a good reason. With the exception of Gnomes, of course, considering they really have no reason to HATE the Horde, as Lethys mentioned in the podcast.

But anyway! Yeah, as much as I don't like the idea of telling people do what's what according to this and that, it's just true. To sum it all up: There should be a reason needed, really. Other than being open minded.
Quote:Beat it down with a rusty spork! The only cross-faction roleplay there should be should be combat-oriented! No getting along! H/A are mortal enemies! Rawr!

Moar conflict!
Pages: 1 2 3 4