Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introducing Aiwass.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

First of all – I apologize for my possibly weak english grammar, I'm from Finland.
As a player I try and tend to be friendly and helpful towards other players. For me, in-game respect is a valued virtue and shamefully rare in WoW servers (in my experience). I am always curious and try to get the most out of my gaming experience by reading and learning - and especially in RP - communicating with fellow players.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Went and answered this one already before, but yes, I am from Finland and my primary language is finnish. Despite my english may not be perfect, I consider it to be fluent. In my IRL professions I have to use it a lot both verbally and by typing.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I first got to know Warcraft I & II strategy games simply by having interest in strategy games. At that point, I was more of a technical gamer - not caring much about the storyline behind everything. Nowdays, as role playing is more and more interesting to me, I am sorry for not learning the ways of the world of Warcraft back then so it would be easier for me to understand it now. No sweat still, I am a quick learner.

What made you seek our server over others?:

The RP. I searched some boards and the web in general for a good RP server. This one got so much positive feedback I decided to give it a shot. Few weeks ago I was still playing on Blizzard's "RP" server which really didn't do anything to me. I never found out the true difference between the arcade and RP on Blizzard's servers.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I like it all. Even if I am still new to WoW, I can say with ease that it does it for me. The story as far as I know it is excellent and the visual aspects of the game are also great. In my past I have had a two-year relationship with Ultima Online and it has not been easy finding a substitute for it since. I sincerely believe WoW has the competence to do that for me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

This one is not at all easy to answer. I can relate to all of the races and all of the classes. I think one of the greatest aspects of RP is the diverse possibilities to challenge oneself taking over an entity - not necessarily predetermined by myself. If I'd have to choose, I would lean towards the night elf druid, but partially because of the similarities of the backgrounds with my previous character in Ultima Online.

What are your expectations of this server?:

To get a fulfilling RP experience out of this great game. I hope that there will not be non-RP mentality within players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Respect. With only that a server can go a long way. I still think that every rule listed in the server rules page is truly necessary for an optimal gaming experience.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A poem from Aiwass' journal "Isolation":

this room is not a house
this house is not a home
and this home is but a grave
in my dreams i'm drowning in these visions of mine
of that special loved one I could not save

distant dreams, distant steps
crawling closer, falling in
the old gods foresaw everything
the old gods foresaw everything

my friend, let me closer now
don't hide me in the shadows
sunken cheeks, fallen brow
oh my friend, accept me in spite of what I've done.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I can't come up with anything now, but I'm sure there will be questions in the future.
Thank you for your time.

Aiwass

IRL personal details:

Name: Janne Huhtala
Birth: June 8th, 1983 in central hospital of Pori, Finland
Occupation: Web art director in an advertising agency, bartender
Hobbies: Drumming (13 years now), skateboarding, arts