Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Harbera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have been playing games since 1994, in the start I preferred fighting games. Especially multiplayer ones, due to having a competitive nature. Afterwards I started to get interested in FPS and Strategy games, especially Doom. Around 2002 my friends literally forced me to join a D&D campaign, which really changed my vision on games. I found roleplaying to be more fun due to the extra options, you could be whatever you wished to be. There where no premade choices like in other games, but rather I was forced to think for myself to a completely new degree. I still enjoy the occasional starcraft / Counter strike LAN match, but before that I look for a good RP experience.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from Norway, my primary language is Norwegian ( BK ). However I also know Russian and English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft 3, the lore intense campaign and the whole Warcraft setting was extremely interesting.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I have been playing for almost 4 years on normal RP servers, however the last year ( with Wotlk ) most of my friends quit roleplaying altogether for PVE progress. I wish to roleplay more then I wish to down EoE / Ulduar bosses.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer small groups, where I can get more into the individual characters. However this does not mean I avoid big RP events, but more that I will be on the lookout for random roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race on the alliance side is Dwarf, I have always been fond of mountain villages / towns and also the focus on craftsmanship.

On the horde side I prefer playing Orc, due to their history and their focus on honor without all that flashy silver and gold armor.

As for class , I prefer playing a warrior. Mostly since I hate magic in rp, it has less of a heroic feeling to it.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a strict RP community, where people do not go around talking in /s OOC and destroy the roleplay for everyone else with all kind of yells and bashing on roleplay in gerenal.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"Any racist, sexist, or other derogatory OOC chat will get you banned. There will be no warnings issued." If this rule is uphold, I imagine I will never need to use /ignore.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

My characters background -
Ograll was born in honorable family, though his mother died of illness only a couple of years after giving birth to him. As he grew up his father fought in several battles, and attained honor and some reputation as a good fighter.

However when Ograll was thirteen his father acted rashly in the spur of the moment, charging forth towards the enemy lines without seeing the trap that was laid out in front of him. Several of his battle companions followed him, and where slaughtered brutally. Those who survived the battle blamed everything on Rogg, and Ograll lost both his father and his honor.

As he grew up struggling to just get by, he swore that one day he would regain his lost honor. Living in the wilderness for several years he honed his skill with the axe, and suppressed his blood lust in favor of fighting blindly. Now as he is of adult age, he takes up his fathers dull axe covered in the blood of countless battles and heads out in his quest for honor and glory.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Do you change the game , or try to stick as much to the original game as possible? ( Talking about gear, NPC spawns, NPC scripts and so forth )