Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kanatar's Introduction, hoorah!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, first off, I should probably start with a name. I go by Ethan or Chris(topher) (either one works for me :D). I'm a long time Dungeons and Dragons Dungeon Master/Player, Warhammer player, musician (sitar, banjo, didgeridoo, bass guitar, and others), and fanatic nerd. I started my foray into the realm of roleplaying with Dungeons and Dragons as a young boy. I was always that nerd in school; I played dungeons and dragons back then and I still dabble with the game and the miniatures today and am proud of it! I was a huge fan of the Everquest games and the Warcraft strategy games (even though I sure was bad at the latter). The moment I heard about World of Warcraft, I began jumping for joy. I've been playing the game ever since, and I had a great group of friends on a few of the RP servers. However, eventually, everyone that I used to know was gone and the long lasting community that I had with my friends had broken; we had all lost connection to each other and quality RP was harder and harder to find. Whilst searching through google for 'RP server', well, this is what I found and I was very impressed and surprised at the organization and creativity I found in the Wikis.

I've always loved to immerse myself in the character itself rather than actually level him or advance him (not saying that I don't do both simultaneously :D) and often feel as if it's necessary to have a storyline behind the character before it is even playable. The enjoyment for me personally comes when I have moments that really make my character's or other people's character's personalities shine. I enjoy making multiple characters that are so far from my actual personality and walking in someone else's “shoes”, whether it be the daring gambler, the corrupt politician, or the local drunkard. To me, roleplaying is like writing a story on the spot, and then watching how it unfolds.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am from the United States and I have been speaking English my entire life.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

A good friend of mine introduced me to the Warcraft strategy games; though I was not very strategic (Peon strike force, assemble!), I really was intrigued with the lore of the games and became interested in the storyline.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I have been on a multitude of the RP servers offered by Blizzard, and I was looking for RP wherever I could find it. It seemed I had to scrounge around on some of the servers, and as it turned out, I thought that the griefing was absolutely absurd, the uneducated banter on the general channel was obnoxious and kind of annoying, and the RP was drying up as my friends migrated back into real life or to other servers. I read about this server and a few others, but this server appealed to me because of not only its strict set of rules, but also its organization and apparently active group of players. I also enjoy the cross-faction roleplay that is encouraged; I think it's awesome to encourage that.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I really have no personal preference. I definitely can RP in all of the aforementioned situations, but I like to constantly mix them up. It's really a lot of fun when the situations change on the fly and are still realistic, fair, and fun. I like to play as humorous characters a lot of the time (well, they're humorous to me! :P), but I also enjoy a good, serious character too. I like to go a little wild with alignments, mostly making polar opposites out of my characters, but I find evil to be a bit difficult to pull off correctly without a good guild or group of friends to help me develop the character. I also like random RP a lot, and always place myself as “looking for RP” no matter where I am. I always appreciate people who openly RP with me and I try to do the same. :)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I love playing as all the races, and my taste changes on the fly. One day, I'm in the mood for a solemn, grave Tauren runemaster, and the next I'm raving over a retired Gnomish steam-punk warrior. My current 'safe zone' roleplaying races are, however, trolls and gnomes. I'm very wrapped up in their lore and their mannerisms and enjoy playing them.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I definitely expect a good atmosphere, an active community, and a bunch of people who are not too uptight and are willing to lend a hand to newer roleplayers, because we all start somewhere. I enjoy helping out other roleplayers with lore and ideas, and I hope this is a community like that as well. Though I am not new, it's always good to encourage newer roleplayers to try their characters out instead of staying as wallflowers with flowery descriptions.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I like the rules on tolerance, respect, and maturity, because I think that a community that can interact without getting at each others throats leads to a good atmosphere.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The night was dark, and to this day, I have never seen it darker.

I sat in my tattered, coarse bedding and the freezing wind felt as if it were attempting to tear gaping, painful holes in my skin. The sky was black as pitch, and most of the stars choked under the immense pressure of the blackness. The few that struggled through it were in such stark contrast to their background that they looked to be bright, blazing flames in the sky. None could sleep. None ever slept; not in my tower. Your throat would be slit and your insignia pilfered and doused in your blood for righteous glory as soon as you closed one eye. And this was the way to live as a knight of eternal Death; I should know, for I am the most revered and feared god of death and despair! I never let down my guard.

I trusted no one.

In the cold of winter and the dead of night, I furiously gripped my war blade with a metal fist, and a scowl crossed my face under my helm as I scanned over my fellow warriors; they are bedraggled, haggard and gaunt. Their next meal could be from anywhere, anywhere at all, and they knew it. They were not averse to attacking me and I was ready to defend and defeat their foul excuses of life.

Trust no one.

The bite of the bitterest cold lingered like a lost soul in my tower, and I quite despised it. I felt it wrap around me like a frozen blanket, half-heartedly embracing my figure. The trail of cold breath seeped slowly from the breathing grates in my mask-helm, creating a thin trail of breath, reaching outward like tentacles grasping for their next, unfortunate meal. I anticipated the coming battle; we were to engage with the petty forces of the Argent Dawn, and I knew I was the best fighter and assassin amongst the hordes of the Lich King. Yet, I told myself: the Lich King favors you, and only you. I ran pictures through my mind, of my dreaded Rune blade and I cleaving through the ranks of thousands of the pitiful humans. My form is flawless, and my stature is imposing. I am a master of war, flying across the battlefield like a well-oiled machine of anger and fanatic death, stabbing, slashing, and slicing things into minuscule, gory cornucopias of bleeding flesh and bone. In my thoughts, I laugh as I kill, and one by one they fall before my massive, cleaving blade. I am invincible! I am unstoppable! None can defeat my everlasting presence of bleeding death! I bathe in their blood, drinking it in greedily, clawing my way through the fleshy carcasses of bone and metal that were once recognizable. They feel the taste of the steel as I pulverize their powerless figures. I pluck out their eyes and crush them in my metal fist of oppression and murder. My wrath can not be escaped; the glade we fight in is covered in blood, the trees are marred with violent slashes and punctures, and the local, pitiful wildlife are crushed under the weight of the fleshy mound of death and despair. The moans shriek like the wind! I am a hateful machine of murder, an assassin in a world of fools who would dare to oppress me!

I almost laughed with murderous glee at these beautiful images. My brethren were obviously thinking the same, and we were all ready for the coming duel. We had fasted before the battle, and I had meditated for hours on end. Solemn meditation had always helped me before battles, as it assured me that the great Lich King would grant me favor. Visions often came to me during meditation, similar to the one that I had just gleefully experienced; but they were even more grandiose and gruesome. My meditation was really the only thing keeping me sane in this place, and with this tool, my body and mind were sharper than my deadly blade itself. Suddenly, I heard a soft call in my ear, and it was set reeling. Mother! Blast it, doesn't she know I want to be left alone to my musings?! Maybe I'm not the master of death under the great Lich King just yet, but just wait! Just you wait!

“What are you writing this time, Gimble? Is it more of that silly old prose? It's time for dinner, 'master swordsman'.”

She laughed, but her innocent joke only fueled my mad lust for death and power. I knew that she knew I was not to be called Gimble, but instead, “The Almighty and Attractively Muscled Gnome-King Gimble, Ultimate Ruler of Soul-Reaping and Death”. Some day...some day, indeed. They'll all pay! For what, I don't know, but they'll pay, alright!

“Of course, of course...” I crooned. “Just prose. I'll be down in two shakes of a lamb's tail, dear.”
Welcome to the server, fellow rusher of the peons! I can assure you, this is a great community that is definitely active, see you in-game!