Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello, allow me to introduce myself.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

Hello everyone. My name is Matt and I'm an 18 year old World of Warcraft addict. I've been playing the game since October of last year, and ever since I've never wanted to play any other game. I spend a lot of time playing, more than I probably should, but I also enjoy playing guitar, blues music, cinema, and women. Somehow I do it all. I like to think of myself as a casual gamer who plays a lot. In other words, I play a lot of World of Warcraft, but to me, it is still just a game. And the seriousness of some of the players I've played with is one of the main reasons I'm looking for a more casual realm. Don't get me wrong, I understand that you guys take roleplaying very seriously, but I'm tired of being asked to leave raids because my DPS was too low, or having to consistently deal with guild drama. I hope I can find a reprieve from that in Conquest of the Horde.
PS: Those of you with good memory may recall that I've applied to join before, and just gave up on it. This was because I was trying to join the role-playing community for the wrong reasons (i.e. I wanted to level faster and get more gold.) Now I understand the value of playing the game for the fantasy aspect of it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)
I'm from the United States, Louisiana specifically, and my primary language is English. I also have a basic understanding of French based on what I've learned in school.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Two of my friends from school convinced me to give it a try, and since then I've been hooked. Having a friend on your server makes a big difference, because you essentially get to have a wealth of information and help at your disposal, so I was able to get off to a quick start.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Both of my friends mentioned above have been playing World of Warcraft for several years now, and they are both hardcore. As a result, I ended up in a hardcore realm with a bunch of hardcore players. I've now gotten to the point where I'm tired of it and want to play World of Warcraft for what it is: a game.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
To be entirely honest, there is minimal roleplay on the retail server I currently play on, therefore I cannot say from experience which type of roleplay I most enjoy. However, the aspect of the game I enjoyed the most was grouping with other players to achieve objectives while leveling, so I think I would prefer the action/fighting roleplay as well as roleplaying with others.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I've played almost all the races and classes, and its difficult to pick favorites, but thusfar I've particularly enjoyed playing Blood Elves, Trolls, Humans, Paladins, Magi, Warlocks, and Shamans. "Why?" is difficult to answer, and all I can really say is that the classes and race I've mentioned just had a good feel to them and they felt right. I don't enjoy playing large races like Tauren or Draenei, just because it feels like they run slower than the other classes. I know they run just as fast as everyone else, but I suppose its just my little pet peeve.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope that this server is a place where I can escape from reality and enjoy it, and not a place where I can escape from reality and deal with more problems.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)
There aren't in a particular order, I just like to make lists.
1. Filters on remarks that are racist, sexist, etc. This annoyed me the most about my current realm, to the point where I would sometimes just turn off general chat for a short time.
2. Seeing the importance of not having an insta-80 server. This is important to avoid abuse of the system and ensure better roleplay.
3. Required knowledge of history. This should give roleplaying interaction a lot more depth, and since the last time I applied, I learned a lot more about history, so I'm going to enjoy knowing what people are talking about.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I have to admit, after seeing others' responses to this question, I'm a bit scared, because I don't have any awesome stories made up. All I've got right now is a brief history of the character I hope to make on this realm, I hope you enjoy it.

"Most of those who inhabit Azeroth today know of the fall of Stormwind to the demonic Horde, and of the massive evacuation of refugees to Lordaeron that followed, of the war the united kingoms of the Humans waged with their Orc oppressors, and of the end of one age and the beginning of another. However, the wise tell us that sometimes, the most important pieces of history aren't found in the bold print, but rather in the margins of our books. Such a person of marginal interest is Tydrell Lightguard, whose birth hinged upon coincidince, luck, and determination.
There was withing the great walls of Stormwind a family by the name of Clearwater, whose misfortune it was to encounter tragedy when the Orcs attacked. Sarah Clearwater, mother of three and loving wife to her husband became a childless widow nearly overnight, and upon Stormwind's fall, was thrown onto a boat with many others with similar dilemmas and sent across the sea to the north, to beg with the hospitality of the kingdom of Lordaeron. Soon after, she arrived in the seaside town of Southshore, where she met Tardrell Lightguard, a highly respected warrior of the kingdom. She being a hoplessly depressed widow, he a sympathetic man who had never married, it goes without saying that the two fell in love, and she settled with him in Southshore. Less than a year later, Sarah was on the verge of childbirth. Sadly, she died in giving birth to the couple's only child, who they named Tydrell shortly before she passed away. Tardrell Lightguard had never been a father, and without Sarah's help had a difficult time raising his son. Tardrell was a warrior, Tydrell was (to Tardrell's disappointment) an intellectual, and was more interested in learning rather than childhood sport or dreaming of one day weilding a sword and slaying Orcs.
Several years passed, during which young Tydrell grew from childhood into adolescence. However, war had broken out once again in Lordaeron, as a new enemy, later dubbed "The Scourge" began to pose a gradually growing threat to the kingdom. Tardrell, being a soldier of the kingdom, was summoned to aid in the war effort. Rather than leave Tydrell alone in Southshore, Tardrell arranged for an old friend, a gnome by the name of Zix Rattlespark to take Tydrell with him to the saftey of Ironforge, far from the wars of the north. Tydrell did not hear of his father for several years. During his stay in Ironforge, Zix introduced Tydrell to the arcane arts, which fascinated the boy. For nearly a year Tydrell lived with Zix, who often entertained his ward by showing off the many uses of magic the experienced mage knew. The tragedy was far from over for Tydrell though, as his guardian and friend became very sick, and had no choice but to send Tydrell to the orphange in the newley reconstructed Stormwind. There, Tydrell spent the rest of his teenage years, secretly practicing his own magic in his bedroom, to the point where he could even produce small amounts of fire and ice.
One day, a newly healthy Zix visited Stormwind to visit Tydrell, although the visit was not a happy one. Zix bore the news of Tydrell's father's fate. He explained to Tydrell that the Lich King, leader of the Scourge and lord to all of its plagued soldiers, had defeated Tardrell's battalion, and those who had not been killed, became Death Knights in his service. Tardrell was among that number. Tydrell was heartbroken, until a few days before he became of age to leave the orphanage, when a Death Knight emissary came to Stormwind to request an alliance with King Varian. The death knights were free of the Lich King's rule! This could mean that Tydrell's father was still alive and looking for him! At this moment, Tydrell became determined to master the magical arts, and to travel to the continent of Northrend and discover the fate of his father. The very first day he was permitted to leave the orphange, Tydrell travelled to Northshire to begin his long and perilous journey."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
Yes. I just want to say once more that this time around, I hope to join this server for the right reason, and I hope I can enjoy it with all of you.
*gives you a cookie for liking Trolls*

Welcome to the server. ;)