Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Intensely Insightful Introduction of Ryoku
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)
I tend to play with a hero complex, good for the sake of good, etc. I like playing with quirks in my characters if I can help it, and I try to do the best I can with making my characters sound like authentically different people.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)
I come from America, and speak and write in proper and colloquial English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing only within the past few years, and am still being taught in lore by my friends, who suggested that I follow them on this server. I tend to have more knowledge right now in tabletop RPGs, as far as character creation, role-playing vs. hack-&-slash, and mechanics are concerned. While my knowledge in Warcraft lore is at a neophyte level, I feel I can hold my own on the server as far as maintaining the mood is concerned.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I wanted to continue play with my friends from a previous server, and they suggested I follow them here. They said they enjoyed much of what was offered, so here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
I like a fair mix of all of the above. Tavern RP is nice for development without worry of attack mid-sentence, and if there wasn't action in a fantasy RPG such as this, I could just sit in my living room and talk it out instead. While I do like group play, I do like to keep the number of participants to a minimum, so everyone can have a chance to say something possibly influential to the current RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is human, because I believe in the idea of human potential being exemplified in a fantasy setting, as opposed to what many people say to me, “Why play a human in a fantasy world? If you're in a fantasy world, you ought to play a fantasy character. Be an elf.”

As far as classes are concerned, I like Paladins and Mages. Paladins are the light that shines through and vanquishes the darkness, and Mages use their power of will to make the impossible possible.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Just an allowance for a proper RP environment, people that'll accept my characters, and a leash that isn't taut too tight.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)
Humility seems like a good thing to call out. I'm glad that reminding players to share spotlight is advocated here.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

[This is an excerpt from a piece I'd written for a fantasy creative-writing course]

But on his eighteenth birthday, Dra'ken's life would change. He left the house, per usual, to prepare for the day ahead. As he made his way to the village, he crossed paths with Xirtirnac, an old wizard he'd met many times before. He'd seen Xyrtirnac in the commons on more than one occasion, performing slight-of-hand for children and telling the most fascinating stories. Stories of a man killed for his kindness by a wicked night hag and her minions. Stories of a boy that was destined to save The Map from the forces of Queen Perithida's army and save The Maiden of Light. Dra'ken had heard them all as a child, and had wished he was the boy. But, he knew that he could not be the boy. The boy's father was royalty, and Dra'ken's family was far from royal.
As Dra'ken passed him, Xirtirnac grabbed hold of the young man's arm. “Are you ready, m'boy,” the wizard whispered into his ear, “for the greatest challenge to ever fall into the hands of a mortal man? You should be, as you are the heir to the land your feet now stand upon. You are the master of many lives in your own microcosm. And you are the leader of a new age. You, m'boy, are the son of Lord Maxentius Da'kwulf, the destined child, his Greatest Treasure.”
Dra'ken stood with shock in his eyes, and slowly turned to the wizard. “...What?” he said in awe.
“Yes, yes,” the wizard said with glee and pride, “you have reached the age of adulthood, and with that age comes responsibility. The responsibility of stopping Queen Perithida's Dark Army, who seek to finally envelop The Map in darkness, by capturing Luxinta of Goldenshire Forest Village, the fairest and most energetic of all the maidens, as she is The Maiden of Light. By the way, I might add that the Queen...is the hag of a woman that assassinated your father, for she...is your mother.”
Were it not for Dra'ken's years of serving as mid-wife, he'd have passed out by this tidal wave of information. He merely laid down and breathed deeply for a moment to keep from losing all consciousness. When he had finished, Dra'ken stood up and asked, “Is this some sort of joke? Is that even a way to tell someone their destiny? You really are some sort of socially-inept idiot, aren't you?”
“Well,” said Xirtirnac, “apparently someone doesn't want their birthday presents to fight off the hoards of villains coming after him.”
Dra'ken stood there with a pale look of terror on his face. “Did I say idiot? I meant genius and magus-supreme!”
“There,” said the wizard, “that's better.”
“So,” said Dra'ken, “what exactly is going to keep me from being tossed around like the wenches of Nookie Green's Inn?”
“As it so happens, your father gave Harsass, your caretaker, a suit of armor imbued with magical properties,” mused the wizard, “while I myself was told to hold onto these until the time to pass them on was about. That time has come, young Da'kwulf.”
From the inner pockets of the magician's robes were an immense sword and a delicate wand unsheathed.
“This,” he said, directing the young man's attention to his left, “is the Sword of Awesome Might, capable of slicing through the thickest armor, yet it will never shed a drop of blood without the aid of its companion. This.” Xirtirnac then signaled to his right, the simple twig of a wand. “It is the Scorching Wand of Purest Light, capable of casting most powerful spells, but only in the hands of he who holds this sword. You, m'boy, are meant to wield these as your father had. Now go, run back to your former home, don your armor, and don't look back. Head for the village thereafter, then directly to the Castle of Ebony Ivy, where you must face your mother head-on.”
“Wait,” Dra'ken exclaimed as the wizard began to leave, “I have so many questions, and there seem to be so many flaws to your logic. How do I wield these effectively? Shouldn't I gather Luxinta before getting my armor, so she isn't taken while I don the armor? And why don't you just do it? You have more experience than I with any of this. What in the Nine Hells am I supposed to be doing?!?” The wizard stopped, slowly turned around, and said, “Too many questions. Make your own answers.” And the wizard vanished.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
How strict are the rules as far as lore-accuracy is concerned? I don't want to be kicked off of the server for not having infinite knowledge of this world, but understand their prevalence on the server.
So I take it you're with Mira and Seraphim?

You'll need to know the lore about your characters, I.E. How the race views other races and how their racial or national history would make them a certain way. Knowledge of Warcraft in other ways is good, but not necessary for a successful character.
Kaghuros knows all our secrets. Shh!

Glad you made it onto the server, Ryoku. Seraphim and I know things have been rough for you, but this should take your mind off of all that. The people here will be willing to help you with all sorts of questions, so don't be afraid to ask. Get out there and go get 'em Tiger! =)