Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: CotA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Conquest of the Alliance?
I think this is just some proof that we need to start trying to balance out the factions, because if the margin of the people are Alliance, and people want to RP they will just get on their alliance character to get RP depriving the Horde of players.

[attachment=0]
If you look at the /who list right now, it's pretty even, if not balanced towards the Horde. :)

Just gotta be on at the right time.
This is...nothing new. And by the look of things people are content this way. People roleplay on the side that entertains the most - if that side happens to be the alliance - so be it. It changes quite frequently too.
To be honest, I think this will always be this way. You can balance it all you want, but I think people will still prefer one side above the other (I know I do). I've got 3 humans, a elf, a blood elf and Undead.. And frankly, I just enjoy roleplaying on my human(s) more. Despite Lara being stuck in a tiny room in the Stormwind vault, I still prefer her then a undead that can roam free. *Shrugs* I don't know why, might be the lore, might be the easy-ness.. just do.

Conclusion: In my eyes it will always be that people prefer one faction above the other.. Guess we should learn to live with it? We can't force people to go on the other faction, I know I wouldn't take that well.

*Shrugs* Just my two cents.
What -is- there to do though?

Nothing, other than say people should play Horde more.

And the amount of horde/alliance players changes through the day, taking a screenshot when it's generally night in the US will yield more Alliance players than Horde, but the daytime there are plenty of Horde.
Yea, Plenty of Blood Elves.
You must remember that even though most of the Horde hates them, the Blood Elves are still apart of the Horde.
I'm fairly certain that "RP depriving" the Horde is not a part of the agenda for Alliance players.
Anski Wrote:You must remember that even though most of the Horde hates them, the Blood Elves are still apart of the Horde.

Hey, you never know.
Though the Blood Elves aren't the most 'liked' in the Horde, you should see the amount of them right now. Never have I seen this big of number (me included) Blood Elves Rping on one spot. But that can be just me, I'm from Europe after all.
I know that the server population isn't blanced but this is how it tends to be for most servers out there. The knife just tends to fall in a particular way. I personally don't mind it. While I much prefer Horde RP I understand people will play whichever side they want to play. Doesn't really make all that much difference to myself, I can still find Horde RP most of the time but it just means that it tends to more often than not be with people I have already met. You can't really force balancing of the two factions because that deprives people the choice of who they want to RP which is only going to bother people really.
This gets brought up all the time, maengk.. Honestly, it fluctuates. Going by a picture at one time really doesn't mean much. Just a couple days ago I saw where there was maybe one Alliance and like.. fifteen Hordies. Sometimes people prefer one side to another. Sometimes an event happens. Sometimes, people just aren't in the mood for city RP, and want to be out in the wilds, fighting for their lives, or don't feel like being a hardcore survivalist and wanna just chillax with some pink skins somewhere. It will happen. And forgive if I sound a bit bitter, but eh, I'm just always a little bothered by this being brought up. And bringing it up more doesn't help the situation, imo. Especially since some people, from what I've heard are going around telling people that they should go to one side because the other doesn't have RP at all.

Again, not trying to sound mean or anything, and I can see how one would be bothered, but you need to think of timezones, and what's happening on the server. It all changes. Until there is a full week of alliance outnumbering horde 4 to 1 or something, there's no issue. People never bring up things about the Horde when they have a spike in players.

I'm done. Sorry.

Edit: 'kay, not done. It's not 'depriving' people of RP. Saying it like that makes it sound like people are out to get you, when they're not. People are here to enjoy themselves and have fun. People go to where RP is. If RP is on one side, they'll go to it because we're here to RP. If someone refuses to play one faction, hey, more power to you, it's your choice. But it's also other people's choices to switch sides for a couple hours, maybe and get a different type of RP in.

Okay, NOW done.
It seems fairly balanced between the Humans and Blood Elves.

However, there are a lot of races lacking members. I'd make a side character of something like an Undead, Orc, or Tauren to add to the diversity, but the simple character profile wait is detracting me.