Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Araval's Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

I've played WoW for nearly two years now. I love to meet new people, and find new ways of role playing, and playing WoW in general. I have experience in both PvE, and PvP.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States, I primarily speak English. I know small phrases and words in a few other languages, but nothing I speak fluently other than English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, I did not have a PC for a while, so I first got into WoW when a friend asked if I'd like to play. I played it, and I found I enjoyed it. After a while I wanted to play the other Warcraft games, to further understand the things I was questing for, and why some things were as they were. I've completed Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, and have been working on the Frozen Throne expansion. (Only reason I haven't finished the expansion fully yet, is I'm not too great at RTS, however I will continue playing through it, as I love the story, and it really tied things together for me.) As time went on, I found a WoW RP community, and decided to try it out, this moved me into researching and reading up on the various lore I found.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The server(s) I have played on have very small role play communities, if any at all. Some of the communities I've run into are a bit disrespectful, (By this I mean always joking about racist things, etc. Pretty much everything that was under the "Language" part of your rules.) or dead communities. I've looked around at your forums after a friend told me about you, and would like to try it out.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

I love to role play in pretty much any setting. Though, while I have role played by myself searching for other role players, I much rather prefer to be with another person, or in a group. As for type, any sort is enjoyable, and I love new ideas for role play.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race will always be Tauren. I loved their campaign in Reign of Chaos, and my only complaint is that Kodos don't get the ability to use Devour! My favorite class is a protection warrior. I love playing it PvE, and enjoy not dying while running from a pack of Alliance... usually. Luckily for me, I can/do have a Tauren protection warrior!

What are your expectations of this server?:
My only expectation is to enjoy role playing here, and having fun. Hopefully I'll meet a few people to role play with on more than one occasion!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)

I'm actually having a bit of trouble choosing one. There are quite a few rules that are enforced here that I've always seen on other servers, and I'm glad they are enforced here. So, I've chosen the language rule.

Quote: Keyboard skills

Emoticons are not an acceptable substitute for a well-posed emote. Please try to type out words, such as "you" rather than "u" and "thanks" rather than "thx". You are expected to use proper spelling and grammar in the official OOC channels.

While it doesn't bother me as much on OOC channels, it still irks me. However I have seen role plays with such sorts of typing, and I was dumbfounded as to why. This being enforced in the OOC channels as well however, is a godsend.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Araval looked up at the skies above Silvermoon. Clouds thickened and darkened, while the last remnants of the sun escaped through the few breaks between. She took a deep breath and released it slowly, her eyes falling back down to the small brown paper wrapped package in her hands. She shook her head slightly, and continued walking towards the Royal Exchange. She headed towards the jewelers' rooms to the south-east. Rain drops began to fall freely, guarding the package as best she could from the rain, she ran inside.
“It's about time, Araval.” A voice came from the other room; it was soft but seemed a bit aggravated. Another Sin'Dorei appeared in the doorway, walking towards her. Araval bowed, both out of respect and shame.
“I'm sorry lady Kalindra.” Araval said quietly, handing the package to her.
“It better not. You know this is the third time this month, don't you? I've got too much work to do and not enough time to wait for you. You're lucky I even took you in as a delivery girl as it is.” She said, setting the package on the table, slowly opening it and inspecting the contents carefully. Tossing a single silver coin to Araval, she continued. “Any more tardiness and you're going to have to find another place to work. I'm serious this time, Araval. I've had enough.” Kalindra then left the room, and went back to her work.
“It won't happen again, m'lady… shorel'aran” Araval said, quietly. She left the building, and took a look around the Exchange. The streets were nearly empty, fresh rain had dowsed the area, and the crowds, who were now rushing back into their homes, save the few bankers still busy with their duties. She looked back up at the skies, the last few drops of rain falling on her face. As the skies parted, she headed towards home.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

Not that I can think of right now, I'll edit this if I can think of something though! :)

~Araval
Very nicely done, well informative introduction.

Welcome to the server

Any questions you may have feel free to ask in the posted chat forums are send out a distress beacon in game.

Be sure to join /chat when you first connect to the server on your characters. Also check out the various Faq/guides as you can.
Again welcome.
Thank you! I've made Araval, and I'll be joining her in the chat shortly, I was actually looking for the name of the channel on the forums, then I noticed your post!