Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Female, 19, off of college for the summer. I usually stray towards the darker sort of characters, but that's only because it's a challenge for me! In real life, I am extremely shy and 'nice'. What I love about role playing is that you can express new parts of yourself that you didn't even know were there, all in real time! I started off making characters that were just like me, but now I try as much as I can to explore different aspects of myself.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
From America, native in English, intermediate in Japanese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Last summer is when I started. A few friends of mine started playing out of the blue, and convinced me to join. I was adamant against joining because I had seen people get addicted, but after I joined I surpassed my friends far that they quit!

What made you seek our server over others?:
Eventually, as I started to take in everything around me in game, I started to realize that the servers my friends were playing on weren't of any interest to me. The same old kill/quest was getting boring. I was interested in role play at the time, but I didn't want to spend money on transferring my characters to a role play server, so after my subscription ran out, I was done. But out of curiosity (and a little boredom of the summer) I started searching for private servers where I could live my RP dream. I found a few private servers, but everyone there seemed to be a bit of a zombie, if I tried to RP even a little I would be ridiculed, haha. But then I found this server, which even looking at the introductions threads I can tell it's a good fit for me. What I like about online roleplay is the massive amounts of diversity and traits a broad range of people can have, and I can tell CotH has that diversity. Haha, bit of a rant... It just seems fun!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

My best RP experience thus far has been with Star Wars role play, in an online game called "Second Life" (RPing there since 2004). That's mostly where I honed my skills. The RP scenarios I like most are usually when an event is organized. My favorite RP experience was at a Star Wars Roleplay themed formal dance. There was a murder mystery roleplay where everyone who attended was in on the action. People noticed different clues, and helped solve the crime together.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have always had a place in my heart for the undead. Undead Rogue was my first character, and I still miss that retail character I had, haha.. I used to be into DPS type characters my whole life, but then one day I sort of got bored with the same old moves on a Rogue and decided on a whim to try out a Troll Shaman. That was a pretty great decision, I never knew how rewarding it was to heal people, and to actually help people out. (Plus I love wolves, ghost wolf is like a dream come true, haha)

What are your expectations of this server?:
Hmm, I honestly just hope this will give me a chance to meet some interesting people! Reading introductions here has me kind of pumped to get into the action :)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
HUMILITY! It's so nice to see people appreciate that there are other people in existence too! That's the best part of online roleplay, it rarely ever is about one's own character, it's about everyone together. That passage was especially well-written!

Lastly, tell us a story! :
((Well, recently reformatted my HD, so I don't have anything saved but I'd say I'm best at writing in synopsis. I like writing synopsis because I can tell an entire story, quickly, without bogging it down with pointless things. Here is a synopsis of an idea I had for a novel for last years NaNoWriMo competition... Wasn't completed because I liked the synopsis too much, and when I got down to writing it, it sucked :P ))
Basically the book is split into two halves...
The first half is sort of an introduction to 'Robin Willis'' life. At the time of the narration, he is a junior in high school who is always bored but interested in small details. He lives with his parents, and has a little sister. The novel purposely never explores the character of his mom, but spends a great deal of time explaining his father's character, who runs his own butchery. This entire half is written to be purposefully boring and repetitive to illustrate how Robin sees his life. In the beginning of this junior year, he meets an incredibly overly-artsy girl who he 'falls in love with' but really just sort of appreciates. She is obsessed with her art, which Robin thinks is okay but he never has any strong feelings for it in one way or the other. They date for most of that year, but one day she jokingly said "Robin Willis, any relation to Robin Williams?". Robin got way more annoyed at that than he has ever gotten at anything in his life, and breaks up with her. That summer he studies french, and that's all he does constantly for an entire year. He nearly fails out of his senior year because instead of paying attention in his classes, he is studying french. He just likes it more than what his teachers are teaching. Eventually this catches the eye of his Math teacher, who he has been infatuated with since he first came to school there. She is seriously concerned that he won't pass her class, but instead of making promises to do better in her class, he asks her on a date. She denies him but after weeks of Robin not doing anything in her class but study french, she sort of develops a pity-love for him. She finally accepts his offer for the date. He tells her to meet her at a fancy french restaurant. He rides his bike there, he is too young for a drivers license. As the evening comes to a close, she asks him if anyone ever asked him if he was related to Robin Williams... The next week he leaves for France.
The second half is a few years later, the tone of writing changes from boring and pointless to fast paced. It starts off with Robin's return to America, just as --if not more-- miserable than when he left. His mom had died while he was away, and he didn't go to the funeral. He stayed with his dad in the butcher shop. He constantly smelled like meat. One day, as he is roaming the city with friends, he comes across a poster for an art exhibit. The exhibit is a brand new style of art based around an artist who never reveals their identity in public, and they use other people to display their 'art'. Their art is basically they have a person dressed in black, standing on a stool in the middle of an art gallery. They stand still there, waiting for art enthusiasts to ask them what kind of art he is preforming, to this they answer "It's not any kind of performance art!" and basically goes on to explain how the new style of art is a 'secret'. The way to appreciate the art is to ask the secret keeper what the style of art it is and for them to deny the inquirer access. Robin thinks it is incredibly stupid. He shows it to his friends and they find it interesting and go check it out without him. After a few months, the art style has spread like wildfire, seeping it's way into every facet of American life. People with no appreciation for art would go to these exhibits trying to figure out what it was, but the only answer they get is that some unknown artist knows. Politicians, office workers, and yes even butchers eventually are asked to become 'secret keepers' for the unknown artist. When the unknown artist asks Robin's father to become a secret keeper, Robin retaliates by starting a small resistance group to thwart the art form that is sweeping the nation. It's not long before members of his resistance group are killed in order to silence Robin, but he continues to march outside of exhibits, and not be a part of the growing art form. Not soon after his father is beaten to death for not giving up the secret. Then Robin gets a letter in the mail, saying that he has an audience with the unknown artist on the steps of federal hall, where the secret of what the art form is going to be will be publicly admitted and placed as an addition to federal hall. When Robin gets there, he notices a crane holding a huge object that is changing shape underneath a giant black blanket, the secret art form. He is lead to the top of the steps where there is a woman dressed in all black, wearing a black mask. She takes it off to reveal it was his artsy ex-girlfriend. She starts yelling at him, saying "You never appreciated my art! Well now I did something you have to appreciate!". Robin starts to respond in an annoyed tone but the crane collapses under the weight of the art from and Robin is crushed to death. The End.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?

I know the story is not RP related, but it's one of my favorite ideas that I like to follow when I write. I feel really in my element when I write about Mr. Willis. I understand that there are parts written there that don't really make any sense. But things like Robin smelling like meat / his mom rarely talked about etc. actually plays a big part in the bigger picture I have for the story, this is just one 'way' I tell the story. Anyway! I do this a lot, and while the Robin Willis story takes place in a sort of modern world, my favorite kind of writing is for stories that take place in science-fiction settings! Characters for WoW have much more potential to have an interesting story than Robin Willis, because their environment opens them up to many new interesting things. I enjoy exploring those things too, and can't wait to start doing that with you guys!
Welcome to the server! You seem like a great addition, and I look forward to RPing with you.
One word E.P.I.C.

Extreme Personification of an Intellectual Caste.

Ok that was by far more than one word, great intro and kudos to a fellow Forsaken Rogue re-rolling a Shaman. Believe me I've been there in retail.

Anyways Welcome to the server :)
For any concerns or questions drop us a line in the appropriate thread, or /join chat in game.

For anything else click here