Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction Anarchanium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I'm 17 and obviously i enjoy video-gaming, especially MMOs. I started WoW itself when it came out first (5 years ago) and have been RPing since day one. Of course, ive played on and off, quiting every so often but i constantly came back and now that the RP on the EU Retail WoW has gone from high-class in year one of WoW to Terrible in present, Im finding it hard to bare not being able to enjoy mature and fun Roleplay each day.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Im from Ireland, and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My dad used to play the RTS games on the computer when i was younger, and although i didnt understand the game, i enjoyed messing around with it, and once WoW came out, my dad didn't feel like buying it to play, so i did and ive been playing ever since. Also the Lore stood out to me when i began to research about the game more when WoW was about to come out.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well, as i said before, the RP on retail has just become terrible in the present and I thought with a Private server there could be a more immersive and varied approach to Roleplay due to the powers available to GMs to create more RP friendly enviroments.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Anything and Everything really, as long as the other players act with maturity and believe in fair-game (while IC fighting) and are talkative (while in Social RP) then i have no problem Roleplaying any way they wish.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Before WotLK, my prefered Race/Class was the Orc Warrior, for the Lore behind the Orcs being a very proud and strong race in both Factions. Warrior, because of they're basic and simple melee style that is easy to roleplay, and easy to understand.
However, when WotLK came into part, I began to Roleplay as a Night Elf Death Knight. Night Elves stood out to me as they were an individualistic race, who were suspect to anyone who crossed their paths but mantained a wise and influential part in the Alliance. Crossing this with a Death Knight, made the RP more interesting, as the character i played was someone who was proud of who he was and continued to battle his opinion and right in the alliance against any racist paladins within the alliance.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Hopefully, a friendly player-base of mature Roleplayers that can except new players into their guilds and cliques. Also, i would be impressed if there were some amazing events cast throughout the server life-span that influence the world as a whole, rather than just an event that lasts a day, and nothing is benefited or torn by it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The Maturity Ruleset appeals to me most, as even though Im underage, I still believe my maturity level to be higher than many twice my age in Roleplay, and i would like to experience Mature roleplay with mature people.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The swaying winds of Feralas breathed throughout the peaceful glade, marking the tranquility of the region's nature and standing with the humain characters who reside in this emerald habitat. Upon the tall trees, branches had laced themselves around each other, almost as a person would embrace their lover, the trees were embracing their brothers and sisters as the sole protectors of the forest, overseeing the land. A Night Elf stood beneath a make-shift tent, appearing to be sturdy, but yet rough-looking in make. The Elf hung is head as his ears twitched, he looked left and right, and blinked twice. His long hair blew in the steady breeze and his eyes had a faint blue glow reflected from a small pool of water below.
He sighed and took a step, he crouched and pounced. A faint purple glow surrounded his body as his body transfigured into what looked to be an over-sized panther, without hesitation he moved swiftly through the forest with great speed and careful movement. The Elf stopped at the edge of the forest, his body surrounded in the purple smoke once more as his figured changed into that of what his humanoid figure was. He looked downward as he stood on a mountainside, he saw Silithus and with it he saw the army of ancient bug-like creatures, buzzing for the Feralas border. He sighed once more, he gripped the aged quarter staff from his back and stood prepared. He peered behind himself, a group of Treants, Tauren, Night Elves and varioud Wildlife has mustered behind himself, he looked out to Silithus again and mumbled, 'This is not your land.. This.. is mine.'

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Will non-player races on retail, be available to play on this server? and if so, which ones? and if not, will there be in the future? Also, Id like to add my great impression of this server, as it looks to be well-organised and with a good player-base from what i have seen, and i hope you like my introduction.
Great detail in your story! The observation of the forest seems to parallel a night elf's view. =)
Thanks =] The Night Elf lore is most new to me at the moment, so its more fresh in my mind than my Orc lore. Although, I hope to get accepted and write more, longer, pieces =]
I hope we both do; I look forward to seeing some more work. I've been brushing up on my history and lore since I haven't really looked at in a while after I lost hope of role playing on the retail server. Make sure to check out the other stuff on here, I've been reading through and it's all quite good.
Will do =] At the moment, Im trying to get my hands on some of the WoW RPG books, Ive heard there's alot of interesting Lore in those and they have some nice ideas for Roleplaying characters :D
Oh man, I've been looking on and off for some WarCraft books. All I had for a while was my father's collection of DnD books from the 70's. Similar, yet so different. I'll have to rely on the internet and my mind for history and characters for now. Maybe I'll ask around for a site someone knows about that has some [good] Warcraft fiction. =)
The DnD books and manuals are just amazing, Ive read most of them and even though they almost have no similiarities to WoW in any form, the character creation is the exact same. I tend to go by DnD rules when i create a new character, i even limit the character's attributes and the likes. If i didnt want a strong character, of course, he wouldnt start fights, and even if he did, he'd lose big time. I just believe in the whole, each character should be fair unless they have earned a specififc right to have some power over another player, but if so, there should still be chance of being able to win against them, a small chance, but still a chance.
I agree. A character must be realistic and believable. Maybe I should check out my dad's old DnD stuff again. I never really thought to look into it to help improve my own character development. Many thanks for putting that idea into my head!
No worries =] Ive always had my mind on different stories, games and movies when I think about making characters, usually i find some way of combining my favourite characters into one, and try to merge it into a WoW-friendly one. DnD helps alot with that, cause it's attributes and the such can be easily identified in those characters that i want to merge into a WoW characters, and it can be simple enough to just create it, the only difficult part i find is piecing as much of the background and setting of the character together neatly and having it easy to understand by all, but yet in depth enough for a complete understanding of who and what the character is.
I'm suprised someone hasn't said this sooner.

Please take your conversation to PM's, the introductions are meant for vouches and things like that, not socializing.

Thanks. :)
Aha *embarrased much* Much apologies >.< Ill make sure to keep that in mind and will continue this in the PMs, thanks for the tip.
Quote:Will non-player races on retail, be available to play on this server? and if so, which ones? and if not, will there be in the future?

Nope, no.

People don't even play all the races there are, so there's no real reason to add more to the diversity we already can have with what we have.