Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Finding RP as a New Character
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes yes, hello to the many new players here to join in the experience! I'm very well sure every player welcomes you as much as the next player. As the newer players of the server, there come times when you have trouble tossing youself in with the rest of the players in Role-Playing. There's ways to help this small problem simply pass you by often.

-Read Up On Guides To Races and Classes-
Characters, it's what should help make any RP worth-while. Very often, even if you've played a race before, taking a look at what your character is, helps you determine a lot more about your character. To make the most realistic character, guides should be looked at. There are many guides on our website here too, in the Guides Section.

-Make A Social Character And Fun Character-
Starting off, knowing no-one to begin with, is hard, as we've all found out. Having a character that doesn't speak, or is the extreme "shy-type", for your first character, may not help this issue much. Having a very sociable character when you begin RPing, will help you find people who are looking for RP too. Of course this may not be the type of character everyone would like to play, but it will help build friendships with many other players which can result in much more Role-Playing possibilities later for you. To help you in making the best out of you characters, there are, yet again, more guides worth seeing. These include: Creating Characters You Will Love To Play, and Grakor's Guide to Characters.

-Finding Friendly Friends-
Liked someone's RP? I'm sure we all have, but an important thing to remember is that there's a real person behind every character. Like any place, making friends for yourself will make the server feel more welcoming than it already is.

Joining channels to chat with others will help. (/Join Chat) General Discussion and (/Join BarrensChat) Everthing Else Unrealated.

Of course, anyone is welcomed on the server to join everyone already here in Role-Playing. Kept this short so you can get right onto making your character and joining the many players waiting.

Edit: Fixed Links
Edit: Still Not Working, hopefuly now.
Another good tip is that a "social" character isn't someone who necessarily loves everything and everyone, just someone who is likely to interact a lot with others.

Good read for new players.
Also, if you're the shy type like I am OOCly(shut up, I can be shy. >=(), and are a bit hesitant on jumping right into RP, or even if you're not sure on your character, I'd recommend /DND (So others know you're OOC) and maybe just kinda sit around and watch the RP of a few people chillaxin' in a tavern or something. Kind of get the feel for things, etc. Maybe even be inspired to make a character you never thought of making! ^.^

Being new is usually intimidating, we all know, so also try and get to know people in chat! Never be afraid to ask for stuff. <Nod> We does like helping. And yes, a tip would be, like stated, try and stay away from the overly shy characters. Try and get a good balance. You -can- have a social character that likes to share drinks with strangers, but still not like someone of a certain race, etc. Adds depth. ^.~

And yes, that was the brain-vomit of Piken. Hope you enjoyed.
I'm sure a lot of remember being new, but for the new ones now, maybe getting involved would be better. Also, Piken's right, asking questions helps, especially since everyone's rather friendly online here.
Any new players reading this, I'm extending a hand to anybody who wants RP.

If you want, come PM any of my active characters if you see them! They are:

Maulbane, Tauren Hunter
Jelme, Human Rogue
Lorailis, Forsaken Soldier
Yverian, Night Elf Druid
I remember when I first joined up here... I leveled to 30 to get Travel form and spent my entire day hiding in bushes and watching others RP.

After being urinated on twice, I learned my lesson (all in good fun), and now spend my time making -others- comfortable. Though not using the same methods others used on me. LOL

Anyway, look up Bianca on Alliance side, or Hania on Horde.
Tip: You might walk into a nomadic Troll shaman if you wander the Barrens enough, along with others.

Other characters of mine you can find:

Rosie - Forsaken Warlock, Lordaeron
Hannik Flamebeard - Dwarf Hunter, Loch Modan
Ladrim Nightflyer - Night Elf Druid, Moonglade
Kylor Hamfist - Dwarf Ex-Hunter Engineer, Stormwind
Casey Dunn - Human Mage, Elwynn Forest
You might also find some of mine. (Wow, this feels like shameless self-advertising)

Jithe - Forsaken Warrior (Male)
Lou Johan - Friendly, drug-addicted Human (Male)
Jell Maroin - Friendly, compassionate, kind Human (Female)
Dol Boomfizzle - Jovile Gnome Inventor (Male)